Recent Topics

Ads

Small scale 2H IB build

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
GianniRouan

Re: Small scale 2H IB build

Post#11 » Tue Aug 08, 2023 2:28 pm

Thanks for your input its interessting i would def want to try it you don’t feel like you lack tankyness ? Going 3x str bonus

Ads
Paxsanarion

Post#12 » Tue Aug 08, 2023 2:47 pm

Farrul wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 3:55 pm
KillerVolt wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 4:25 am Alright thanks for advice.
Also what would you guys recommend for stats? Currently I am aiming for 600 str and ws, ~0% chance to be crit and from there doing toughness and wounds a bit.
I've tried a lot of different setups with all the gear currently available in the game, from 7wl/detaunt into 6/3 wl/victor, 5,4 wl/victor , 5 wl /3 off sov, full crit off sov etc.

The setup that felt the most powerful and achieives the best result for me personally is the one i am currently using , 5 wl/ 2 off sov/ 2 victor for 3 x str bonuses and the best individual pieces from each set. You'll want off sov: helm, shoulders. Wl : chest, cloak, gloves, boots, trinket. Victorious: belt / trinket. Weapon: Earthshatter. Renown defensively into IV (4) futile strikes, reflexes IV, 3 deft defender and last 5 points into 2 crit. 2 x fleshrender or 1 x fleshrender / exquisite gundbad diamond. 60 wounds/60 ini liniment & spirit res/ elemental res potion( take advantage of guarded strike + res pot).

With this you'll have:
63x str unbuffed. ( 850 melee power self buffed).
550 -600 WS unbuffed.
9k ish wounds.
320 + ini.
30% crit buffed.
13-15 % armor penetration reduction ( important and often neglected, use 6 % armor sentinel talisman)
5,1k + armor/ guarded strike.
300-340 / 4 sec regen.
60% parry (buffed Earthshatter).
iirc around 600 toughness.
- 16 chance to be crit ( - 19 with gunbad diamond).

This overall strikes a great balance between offense and defense, the key is to have a lot of crit reduction and a healthy ini pool so that debuffs do not make you too vulnerable vs crits ( a lot of people neglect this, for solo roaming as a tank it is detrimental as you're slow and need to tank it) and do not neglect armor penetration reduction as this will help you stand a chance even when outnumbered and synergizes with your high armor stat(with enough practice ).

I've done builds with a lot of regen, a lot of toughtness or too much offense setup but this one definitely feels the most comfortable, enough to feel tanky and will bring the pain to the opponent. Good luck.
This looks quite good.....could you link your build please? :-)

KillerVolt

Post#13 » Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:58 am

Thanks this is what I have been looking for, what would you recommend talis wise?
Constantin - Wh 8x
Voltbreaker - IB 7x
VoltChosen - Chosen 40
BlackVolt - BG 40
VoltShamy - Shaman 6x
Lots of Volt alts between 1 and 39

Farrul

Post#14 » Sat Aug 12, 2023 6:53 am

GianniRouan wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 2:28 pm Thanks for your input its interessting i would def want to try it you don’t feel like you lack tankyness ? Going 3x str bonus
This build feels tanky and is designed to handle burst classes well and sometimes 1 vs xx depending on the gear/ skill level of the opponents , i can tank the common solo roam classes and kill many( shamans that like to spam their high damage dots will find themselves demoralized when up against a combination of Massive crit reduction, 800 ele res / IB regen, i can for most part ignore them under Grumble ' mutter as of course vice versa due to kiting/running away )

It is not really about the set bonuses but knowing how to balance your stats overall, for example just 2 x wounds talismans is already more than 50% of the sov Wounds set bonus. Understanding how to optimize and min/max is the key to a stong build. Generally check for tresholds like 9k wounds etc that are important, however you achieve it in your gearing path.

IB in particular (many abilities) once the gear is up to the task the most important thing is to know how to use your abilities properly including timing of execution, if you lack the experience and dont know what to do no gear in the world will save him against good opponents, just a simple thing such as starting the fight with a weak buff ( toughness buff) to conceal your more important buffs from dispels makes all the difference, or that punt/slow when you need to get some HP regen back. A good advice is to watch Volgograd (youtube) for general IB advice.
KillerVolt wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:58 am Thanks this is what I have been looking for, what would you recommend talis wise?
Weapon skill and wound talismans, mostly weapon skil.
Paxsanarion wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 2:47 pm
No idea how to do that, but i probably wouldn't anyway as i prefer my anonymity 8-) (i can show in game , np).

Farrul

Post#15 » Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:08 pm

Paxsanarion wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 2:47 pm
Ah sorry, misread thought you asked for profile.

Build.
RoR.builders - Ironbreaker

Whenever there is group fight, for extra tankiness. Swap rising anger for ancestral inheritance.

Funnels(fort/keep) when respec is possible and too lazy for a proper SnB build :) (swap Earthshatter for Def scenario weapon).
https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... 94,716,503

Paxsanarion

Post#16 » Sun Aug 13, 2023 6:06 pm

Thank you :-)

tjalfe

Post#17 » Sun Aug 13, 2023 6:14 pm

Yes, thank you for all the suggestions. Could see i was to offensive and tried going with the build. Now i dont get kites to death by shaman but can ignore them. As a solo player this means the world😀 really grateful for the advice given here