Recent Topics

Ads

Small scale 2H IB build

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
KillerVolt

Small scale 2H IB build

Post#1 » Thu Jul 13, 2023 12:19 pm

Hello everyone, I have been leveling up an 2H IB for duo/solo roaming and I was planning on a pretty generic GnM build. Recently I watched a video where an 2H IB ran both GbF and GnM and while no link was posted I have put together what I think they were running, and while this does appear good I do miss out on many important abilities and tactics that I could get by building around just one or the other. So is this guy just mad or is the build properly viable for small scale IB?

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,1397,1408

Ads
yoluigi

Re: Small scale 2H IB build

Post#2 » Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:23 pm

Get rid of the channel aint work it most channel break now since patch last year. better off with this build your build require the +2 sov here only 70 required https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,1392,1396
The other ib need to get the tactic punishing knock. When we ran for maximum dps we had max parry all in weapon skill and str.
https://youtu.be/NViBt85q63c if you run duo ib. IN solo run the first build with full futile strike and parry and dodge and weapon skill. i would stack weapon skill talis for more armor pen and more parry.

Click here to watch on YouTube 2 solo build in this one to give you an example

KillerVolt

Post#3 » Sat Jul 15, 2023 9:20 am

In the later half of the vid you run the GbF and GnM build, the two extra points also can come from warlord not just sov. With the build all I really lose is great axe mastery tactic. I mainly run with a WH buddy so I don't need the heal debuff. As I see it I trade 10% dmg for GbF wich looks pretty solid?

yoluigi

Post#4 » Thu Jul 20, 2023 10:26 pm

KillerVolt wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 9:20 am In the later half of the vid you run the GbF and GnM build, the two extra points also can come from warlord not just sov. With the build all I really lose is great axe mastery tactic. I mainly run with a WH buddy so I don't need the heal debuff. As I see it I trade 10% dmg for GbF wich looks pretty solid?
If you got an anti heal friend yeah you dont need the anti heal tactic. The problem now is pretty much all channel are less good than before the ap change.I still use it sometime because it's fun but kinda in the way of a good rotation with IB having soo many good abilities to choose!

Pahakukka

Post#5 » Fri Jul 21, 2023 11:49 am

I ofund out IB is pretty great no matter what you do with it :D. I dropped GbF out and took aoe snare and grumble and mutter and shield from right tree and Greataxe mastery, kd and str/crit boost from left and it works well. crit boost is really for oathfriend only. I have not missed the grudge born fury at all really.

Using 6pc warlord combined with 3pc vale-walker atm.
Tinbitz rr8x BO
Daewuur rr8x Magus
Deawuur rr8x engineer
+ lots of rr50-60 toons, including 1 healer!

-"renown pinata for small groups"

KillerVolt

Post#6 » Tue Jul 25, 2023 8:58 am

How is crit buff for Oath friend only, that seems like an amazing ability? The strength it gives is also quite nice.

Pahakukka

Post#7 » Tue Jul 25, 2023 12:40 pm

KillerVolt wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 8:58 am How is crit buff for Oath friend only, that seems like an amazing ability? The strength it gives is also quite nice.
Its good, but won't Stack with inspiring attack and If you run with 0crit base The 10more won't Make any real difference.
Tinbitz rr8x BO
Daewuur rr8x Magus
Deawuur rr8x engineer
+ lots of rr50-60 toons, including 1 healer!

-"renown pinata for small groups"

KillerVolt

Post#8 » Sat Jul 29, 2023 4:25 am

Alright thanks for advice.
Also what would you guys recommend for stats? Currently I am aiming for 600 str and ws, ~0% chance to be crit and from there doing toughness and wounds a bit.
Constantin - Wh 8x
Voltbreaker - IB 7x
VoltChosen - Chosen 40
BlackVolt - BG 40
VoltShamy - Shaman 6x
Lots of Volt alts between 1 and 39

Ads
tjalfe

Post#9 » Mon Aug 07, 2023 1:27 pm

Hi, thanks for the post and great replies. Could any one share what kind of 2h weapon they use?
I'm not sure if I should go for Fortress og old SC weapon (and which one?). Not a fan of any kind of pve, so hoping answer is rvr and not pve, but would appreciate any advice ofc.

Farrul

Post#10 » Mon Aug 07, 2023 3:55 pm

KillerVolt wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 4:25 am Alright thanks for advice.
Also what would you guys recommend for stats? Currently I am aiming for 600 str and ws, ~0% chance to be crit and from there doing toughness and wounds a bit.
I've tried a lot of different setups with all the gear currently available in the game, from 7wl/detaunt into 6/3 wl/victor, 5,4 wl/victor , 5 wl /3 off sov, full crit off sov etc.

The setup that felt the most powerful and achieives the best result for me personally is the one i am currently using , 5 wl/ 2 off sov/ 2 victor for 3 x str bonuses and the best individual pieces from each set. You'll want off sov: helm, shoulders. Wl : chest, cloak, gloves, boots, trinket. Victorious: belt / trinket. Weapon: Earthshatter. Renown defensively into IV (4) futile strikes, reflexes IV, 3 deft defender and last 5 points into 2 crit. 2 x fleshrender or 1 x fleshrender / exquisite gundbad diamond. 60 wounds/60 ini liniment & spirit res/ elemental res potion( take advantage of guarded strike + res pot).

With this you'll have:
63x str unbuffed. ( 850 melee power self buffed).
550 -600 WS unbuffed.
9k ish wounds.
320 + ini.
30% crit buffed.
13-15 % armor penetration reduction ( important and often neglected, use 6 % armor sentinel talisman)
5,1k + armor/ guarded strike.
300-340 / 4 sec regen.
60% parry (buffed Earthshatter).
iirc around 600 toughness.
- 16 chance to be crit ( - 19 with gunbad diamond).

This overall strikes a great balance between offense and defense, the key is to have a lot of crit reduction and a healthy ini pool so that debuffs do not make you too vulnerable vs crits ( a lot of people neglect this, for solo roaming as a tank it is detrimental as you're slow and need to tank it) and do not neglect armor penetration reduction as this will help you stand a chance even when outnumbered and synergizes with your high armor stat(with enough practice ).

I've done builds with a lot of regen, a lot of toughtness or too much offense setup but this one definitely feels the most comfortable, enough to feel tanky and will bring the pain to the opponent. Good luck.