Patch Notes 28/05/2021

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Omegus

Re: Patch Notes 28/05/2021

Post#541 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:53 am

Alfa1986 wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:11 am2. NB automates the gameplay, and makes the player something like a one-button bot. The second is a bizarre argument that is shattered by any straightforward honest look at how NB was actually used. Perhaps NB could be configured for something like that, but I think most of those who used it used it only for simple optimization of reducing the number of buttons, without setting any specific conditions.
How exactly do you reduce the number of buttons without setting any conditions on when the buttons should and should not be pressed? Activting an ability when off cooldown is a conditional check (the condition being the cooldown), activating an ability if its buff/debuff has dropped off is a conditional check, activating an ability if "enabled" (e.g. Rage level high enough or in the right stance) is a conditional check, and so on.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Ads
Omegus

Post#542 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:56 am

Cultist wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:35 am I'm hesitant about posting this but here it goes:

You can make it work. I won't share any line though, since 1) it is now regarded as cheating and 2) In fact I freaked out and deleted it completely (no longer have the code) and hope gms/devs look into a way to detect it so they can block it again for good. I had to revamp a few functions and hint for our devs: check how windows (no actionbars) can be created on WAR API (a few addons have helpful lines in LUA/XML) and this implies you probably will have to figure out whether a window needs to be rootless or not. That's one possible way, I'm sure others found out better ways to make it work. I just hope you get rid of it as soon as possible. If this addon is not accepted, it shouldn't for anyone, even more so for "elite" players or guilds. And if you cannot block it completely, just allow it or at least give an ingame proper macro to be used as sequencer by everyone.
I've sent a few workarounds to the dev team which have since been patched, but I'm not sure if all of the fixes have actually gone live yet as some required a number of hooks to be added to stop the workaround and to stop the fix from being undone. There's probably been others sending in work-around reports as well. Don't freak out if you find a workaround - just send it to the devs :)
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Gyurza83

Post#543 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:05 am

Omegus wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:56 am I've sent a few workarounds to the dev team which have since been patched, but I'm not sure if all of the fixes have actually gone live yet as some required a number of hooks to be added to stop the workaround and to stop the fix from being undone. There's probably been others sending in work-around reports as well. Don't freak out if you find a workaround - just send it to the devs :)
How can we be sure that you sent all the workarounds you found to the developers, and did not leave a couple for yourself? I think everyone will agree that in order to avoid temptations and possible accusations, it is best to ban you forever.

abezverkhiy

Post#544 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:09 am

Agreed. Lets be safe
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

Drys

Post#545 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:36 am

Omegus wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:53 am
How exactly do you reduce the number of buttons without setting any conditions on when the buttons should and should not be pressed? Activting an ability when off cooldown is a conditional check (the condition being the cooldown), activating an ability if its buff/debuff has dropped off is a conditional check, activating an ability if "enabled" (e.g. Rage level high enough or in the right stance) is a conditional check, and so on.
You're right.
  • Changing action bar based on stance is a *conditional* -- ban Plan B
  • Casting a skill based on selected target is a *conditional* -- ban Enemy (this one is actually closest to cheating)
Not to mention automatically saying something in chat when you use a skill -- ban think out loud...

The issue I have is that only *some* addons giving an *advantage* were banned, but not all. Either go all in or none at all...
Spoiler:
Drystav - Magus 40/6X
Drysthex - Zealot 40/4X
Drystzyk - Chosen 40/5X
Drystax - Mara 24/2X

Drystal - WE 40/5X
Drystmar - DOK 40/4X
Drystelle - Sorc 40/7X
Drysthorn - BG 40/6X

Drystham - Shaman 40/4X
Drystig - SH 40/5X
Drystlak - BOrc 40/4X

Gyurza83

Post#546 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:41 am

Drys wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:36 am
Omegus wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:53 am
You're right.
  • Changing action bar based on stance is a *conditional* -- ban Plan B
  • Casting a skill based on selected target is a *conditional* -- ban Enemy (this one is actually closest to cheating)
Not to mention automatically saying something in chat when you use a skill -- ban think out loud...

The issue I have is that only *some* addons giving an *advantage* were banned, but not all. Either go all in or none at all...
It is also necessary to remove 12-button computer mice and programmable keyboards from owners.

Drys

Post#547 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:44 am

Gyurza83 wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:41 am
It is also necessary to remove 12-button computer mice and programmable keyboards from owners.
Good point. Banning use of discord is also probably up there for the unfair advantage it gives vs. those who don't use it.
Spoiler:
Drystav - Magus 40/6X
Drysthex - Zealot 40/4X
Drystzyk - Chosen 40/5X
Drystax - Mara 24/2X

Drystal - WE 40/5X
Drystmar - DOK 40/4X
Drystelle - Sorc 40/7X
Drysthorn - BG 40/6X

Drystham - Shaman 40/4X
Drystig - SH 40/5X
Drystlak - BOrc 40/4X

Gyurza83

Post#548 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:52 am

Drys wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:44 am
Good point. Banning use of discord is also probably up there for the unfair advantage it gives vs. those who don't use it.
Absolutely agree. This is a terrible injustice. I don't want to cheat on Discord, so ban it.

And yet my friends left for another game, and now I don't have a permanent group. I propose to exclude the possibility of creating groups. Because everyone agrees that the constant group is much stronger than the pug group, which is a terrible injustice.

Should also prohibit healers from using healing pots as they have healer abilities while tanks and damage dealers do not.

Ads
steelblade93

Post#549 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:13 am

Omegus wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:56 am
Cultist wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:35 am I'm hesitant about posting this but here it goes:

You can make it work. I won't share any line though, since 1) it is now regarded as cheating and 2) In fact I freaked out and deleted it completely (no longer have the code) and hope gms/devs look into a way to detect it so they can block it again for good. I had to revamp a few functions and hint for our devs: check how windows (no actionbars) can be created on WAR API (a few addons have helpful lines in LUA/XML) and this implies you probably will have to figure out whether a window needs to be rootless or not. That's one possible way, I'm sure others found out better ways to make it work. I just hope you get rid of it as soon as possible. If this addon is not accepted, it shouldn't for anyone, even more so for "elite" players or guilds. And if you cannot block it completely, just allow it or at least give an ingame proper macro to be used as sequencer by everyone.
I've sent a few workarounds to the dev team which have since been patched, but I'm not sure if all of the fixes have actually gone live yet as some required a number of hooks to be added to stop the workaround and to stop the fix from being undone. There's probably been others sending in work-around reports as well. Don't freak out if you find a workaround - just send it to the devs :)
Thank you for your continued efforts to make sure some people cannot enjoy the game at all.
All those evil dissenters must be utterly crushed so the ranked players can be sure that the little people can see that thier numbers really are legitimate.
Just don't worry about thier three monitors, professional gaming headphones, macro keyboards and 12 button mice. They ARE legit.
I mean I can see thier point, when you spend a few thousand dollars on gaming equipment and some upstart comes along with a freely available peice of software anyone can use to emulate what you spent all that money on, I'd be annoyed too.

Gyurza83

Post#550 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:19 am

steelblade93 wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:13 am
Thank you for your continued efforts to make sure some people cannot enjoy the game at all.
All those evil dissenters must be utterly crushed so the ranked players can be sure that the little people can see that thier numbers really are legitimate.
Just don't worry about thier three monitors, professional gaming headphones, macro keyboards and 12 button mice. They ARE legit.
I mean I can see thier point, when you spend a few thousand dollars on gaming equipment and some upstart comes along with a freely available peice of software anyone can use to emulate what you spent all that money on, I'd be annoyed too.
I think he's done well. Finally, evil NB cheaters will not offend regular guys using pre-written macros.