Recent Topics

Ads

Does anybody talk about this? autofacing abilities

Let's talk about... everything else
kklikk

Does anybody talk about this? autofacing abilities

Post#1 » Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:01 pm

Is this something that is eventually getting fixed, where is it in the priority status?

Before the ability rework, on ALL characters you could use ANY ability no matter which direction you were facing.
Even if your character was facing AWAY from your opponent, if you pressed whatever ability you wanted your character would automatically turn to use the ability.

Since ability rework, this only works on SOME abilities. But MOST of the abilities still fuction this way. The only trick now, is you need to manually stop moving your character, then press the ability, even if you are facing away from your opponent the ability will auto turn to face your opponent.
I dont think this works with healing spells anymore(though balance essence on AM does, which might be because its also a attack ability and not technically a heal only spell),about half of ranged abilities still seem to fuction this way. MOST melee abilities still fuction this way.
(It may vary on class to class and which it does/not apply with. I havnt tested it on every class, just familar with it on the ones i use)

A rework on this so ALL abilities on ALL classes to fuction in line of sight would be a huge change to the game. Im sure that is suppose to be how it should work?
Its hard not to 'abuse' this in the game, if you know which abilities it works on and that you must manually stop your character first before using.
If anyone is flanking you, you dont need to worry because you just press the abilities that still auto face, same with some ranged abilities, it will auto face you to your opponent, then use whatever ability that doesnt autoface.

I cant be the only one who knows about this and if very few do, then more should know, because its a huge 'flaw' in the game. I actually liked the game before when EVERY ability fuctioned this way, it was lazy and sloppy but also made the game kinda interesting and different to play.

Ads
Nameless

Re: Does anybody talk about this? autofacing abilities

Post#2 » Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:39 am

it is as intended like it was onWAR.
On RoR until the patch it was bugged and the game didnt check cone of fire and allowed to cast from all positions. At WAR you needed cone of fire.

Healing never had cone of fire, it doesnt now so it is working as intented
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Ysaran

Post#3 » Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:19 am

Healing skill don't have cone of fire. You can heal ppl behind your back. You can actually heal ppl behind wall with aoe heal and lifetap
Zputadenti

Uchoo

Post#4 » Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:42 am

Outside of healing, I think that every ability, or almost every ability is expected to have cone of fire. If they don't, you should probably just bug report.
"They're gonna die if we kill them" - Klev on strategy

RoR Memes
https://www.youtube.com/@UchooGaming
Check out my Twitter, I talk about RoR & Games
https://twitter.com/UchooGaming
The RoR Guide
https://shorturl.at/ouGH8

Helwer

Post#5 » Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:19 pm

Your numbers are funny, cause it is cherry picking at its best. We had ORrR numbers few weeks ago with K/D ratio and everything. You are also allowed to count in LotD to your city sieges and you could probably get some different numbers. Over month Killboard was ruled by Mara/Choppa, AoE Knockdown and melt is still good working meta for both.

But lately it depends more on playing hours. When HoB and other organized are online you get hours of Martys Square circling with more than +10% destro-kills in zone, Order getting farmed and flanked from 3 sides. Mondays are Order thing. We saw some efforts to break that blob but Nerfhammer came out and killed it instant. Discussion under patch notes was deleted instead of using that discussion for development.

My view: Devs don't care for Player opinions. That's ok, it is a private server. But i feel like taking my summer break very early this year. They don't care about better match-making cause they want to force all active players to their preferd playstyle. No matter if it works or not. We can see the consequences: Low SC-Pops, leaving players when they hit 40 and get farmed bad, rarely new player sticking for longer. We get no Info about Endgame-PvE with city-dungeons or CH 22 but T1 with new content and 2nd Influence reward-rework in no time. That's all ok, it is a private server and we are not forced to play at all.

bw10

Post#6 » Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:32 pm

Helwer wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:19 pm My view: Devs don't care for Player opinions. That's ok, it is a private server. we are not forced to play at all.
this message should be displayed to a forum user before they post anything on here

Shima

Post#7 » Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:06 pm

The real problem I see on this retrocession are the problem it brought when you click twice an ability and it gets cancelled. Like Flee or hold the line, or Haze. The second problem is exactly the fact the char doesn't turn to target anymore to adjust the cone of fire. On AM, Searing Touch became very nerffed because of it once it doesn't follow target anymore.
And I totally disagre about your private server message. If there's no more people playing, there's no more reason to keep it running, so listen to community is always important. They rushed this patch after knowing about the progression of Interbellum server. So yes, people mean a lot even for private servers.

Ysaran

Post#8 » Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:52 pm

Helwer wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:19 pm Your numbers are funny, cause it is cherry picking at its best. We had ORrR numbers few weeks ago with K/D ratio and everything. You are also allowed to count in LotD to your city sieges and you could probably get some different numbers. Over month Killboard was ruled by Mara/Choppa, AoE Knockdown and melt is still good working meta for both.

But lately it depends more on playing hours. When HoB and other organized are online you get hours of Martys Square circling with more than +10% destro-kills in zone, Order getting farmed and flanked from 3 sides. Mondays are Order thing. We saw some efforts to break that blob but Nerfhammer came out and killed it instant. Discussion under patch notes was deleted instead of using that discussion for development.

My view: Devs don't care for Player opinions. That's ok, it is a private server. But i feel like taking my summer break very early this year. They don't care about better match-making cause they want to force all active players to their preferd playstyle. No matter if it works or not. We can see the consequences: Low SC-Pops, leaving players when they hit 40 and get farmed bad, rarely new player sticking for longer. We get no Info about Endgame-PvE with city-dungeons or CH 22 but T1 with new content and 2nd Influence reward-rework in no time. That's all ok, it is a private server and we are not forced to play at all.
What numbers? Are sure you posted your comment in the right thread?
Zputadenti

Ads
Omegus

Post#9 » Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:01 pm

kklikk wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:01 pmBefore the ability rework, on ALL characters you could use ANY ability no matter which direction you were facing.
Even if your character was facing AWAY from your opponent, if you pressed whatever ability you wanted your character would automatically turn to use the ability
All abilities being 360 degrees was a bug that was introduced at some point in 2021. A copy of the ticket can be found here: https://bugs.returnofreckoning.com/view.php?id=19703
Zomega: RR8x Zealot