Recent Topics

Ads

Just dinged 40/46 on my DOK and not sure what to do next.

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
oestcote

Just dinged 40/46 on my DOK and not sure what to do next.

Post#1 » Wed Jul 12, 2023 12:38 pm

Hi all,

Currently running SCs to get my Anni gear but not really sure what to do next. I've pretty much only leveled via SCs doing solo queue or joining/building premades which I find to be the most fun.

I'm Heal DoK with end-game goals pretty much being SCs/small scale/roaming pvp. May eventually switch to shield DoK once I get the hang of endgame but for now happy with chalice.

There's not much online guidance other than stuff like "Do BL or GB, join cities and forts" but it doesn't really explain it. I have zero experience in ORVR and have no idea what it means to do Cities or Forts so just assume I'm a total noob for anything non-SC related. I'm not the biggest fan of PVE but will do it if required.

Does anyone mind breaking it down in an explain-it-like-I'm-5 style?

Thanks!

Ads
inoeth
Suspended

Re: Just dinged 40/46 on my DOK and not sure what to do next.

Post#2 » Wed Jul 12, 2023 12:58 pm

schield dok is not really endgame, chalice it is!
well for SC shield is quite strong but if your plan is to Orvr then stay with chalice.

for chalice dok you can pretty much skipp all the pve content since the stuff you get there is already outlvled or melee orientated.
maybe sentinel gear might be interesting since you get a ring there whe you can slot a talisman but imo it's not mandatory for healers.

forts: when one side wins one of the campaigns a fort will happen which means it's an additional zone with a fortress in which you play pretty much a public quest.
in the past you had to win two forts to be able to enter a city but that was changed because one side tended to constantly force city sieges.

city: is now a scheduled pq where you enter the enemy city to "capture" it or defend your own capital.

both forts and cities are not mandatory anymore to get higher lvl end game gear, you can also just stay in the lakes and collect war crests.

that's pretty much it.

oestcote

Post#3 » Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:09 pm

Got it, thanks!

So can I pretty much just keep running SCs to get the crests/gear that I need?

inoeth
Suspended

Post#4 » Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:38 pm

oestcote wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:09 pm Got it, thanks!

So can I pretty much just keep running SCs to get the crests/gear that I need?
well indeed you could but i would not recommend it because getting crests in the lakes is much easier especially since you are not in endgame gear and with a fixed premade grp. later when you have decent gear/grp it can be faster to grind SC when you have a win rate of 90%+

in the lakes you also have the weekly quest that alone bring you 150 crests.
however in the end you need to decide what kind of content you like the most, the good thing is SCs do not have their own currency anymore so you are not bound to offensive SC gear anymore... just if you still like SC more than the lakes.

oestcote

Post#5 » Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:55 pm

Ooh thanks, how do I find out more about these weekly quests?

inoeth
Suspended

Post#6 » Wed Jul 12, 2023 2:46 pm

open your tome of knowledge and take a look at the very bottom tab live events, there you can find the weekly quest. however the text is not correct anymore, everything provides influence you dont have to capture keeps or kill a specific amount of players. just do stuff in rvr; carry chests, destroy enemy chests, kill players, capture keeps and so on untill you reach 10k influence

Nameless

Post#7 » Wed Jul 12, 2023 3:09 pm

I play wp but if dok is similar set wise you can skip all pve if healing is your goal. But I promote doing full redeye set witch drop from pretty easy low lvl dungeon gunbad. Full redeye is pretty solid even untill mid 60s. I would mix it with overlord 2 piece set and you got pretty solid def build
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

oestcote

Post#8 » Wed Jul 12, 2023 3:27 pm

Thanks guys,

I need to check out some ORvR/WB guides but I assume with DoK it's pretty straight forward? e.g. join a WB, listen to the leader, position well, heal your ass off.

Ads
inoeth
Suspended

Post#9 » Thu Jul 13, 2023 6:58 am

yeah pretty much follow the blob, heal and dont get killed