Recent Topics

Ads

MSH AoE punt way overtuned

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Bosli

MSH AoE punt way overtuned

Post#1 » Mon Jun 12, 2023 5:50 pm

Melee Squig can pounce without cd, and gets an aoe punt literally as often as he can armor up again, with the insane distance and arc of a blackguard? Yes, it literally is the best punt as AoE with just 5s cooldown. Also, I'm not sure if it is even defendable apart from immunity.

To do anything like that on order, you need to use sm M1 pounce (60s cd) to do the worst punt in the game. If used correctly, that skill is on M4 levels of enemy disruption. Can we not nerf this to a regular healer AoE knockback?

Ads
inoeth
Suspended

Re: MSH AoE punt way overtuned

Post#2 » Mon Jun 12, 2023 5:56 pm

sure and lets also remove rampage and pull/pounce from WL

Bosli

Post#3 » Mon Jun 12, 2023 6:08 pm

Mate, I suggested to change a 5s cd AoE punt from the very best one (bg) to a regular aoe punt (healers, which still have MUCH MUCH longer cooldowns). Give actual feedback or **** off, I'm not arguing with little kids.

PROsiak

Post#4 » Mon Jun 12, 2023 6:12 pm

inoeth wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 5:56 pm sure and lets also remove rampage and pull/pounce from WL
Didn't even have to guess the first answer under this post gonna be about rampage. Time to grab some popcorn.

Phantasm

Post#5 » Mon Jun 12, 2023 6:30 pm

Thats why you have immunities to other pulls, roots and knockbacks right? After Kaboom mSH is defendless for next 5s, usually out of guard range. Easy to kill.

Bosli

Post#6 » Mon Jun 12, 2023 6:33 pm

Phantasm wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 6:30 pm Thats why you have immunities to other pulls, roots and knockbacks right? After Kaboom mSH is defendless for next 5s, usually out of guard range. Easy to kill.
Well no it's not, because as I said, the MSH knockback arc is that of the Blackguard, so unless they use it REALLY bad, most enemies will be off to neverland for 5++ seconds depending on terrain.

wonshot

Post#7 » Mon Jun 12, 2023 8:46 pm

Yeah it could probably be on a 30sec cooldown.
Bombling 92BW
Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP

Gombling 85MSH - Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 83Sorc - Destroling 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara

jbrutal

Post#8 » Mon Jun 12, 2023 9:08 pm

change engineer -strafing run to work the same EZfix :)

Ads
Xergon

Post#9 » Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:26 pm

Bosli wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 5:50 pm Melee Squig can pounce without cd, and gets an aoe punt literally as often as he can armor up again, with the insane distance and arc of a blackguard? Yes, it literally is the best punt as AoE with just 5s cooldown. Also, I'm not sure if it is even defendable apart from immunity.

To do anything like that on order, you need to use sm M1 pounce (60s cd) to do the worst punt in the game. If used correctly, that skill is on M4 levels of enemy disruption. Can we not nerf this to a regular healer AoE knockback?
Its not actually the exact same punt. MSH punt has noticeable less power in the ability itself than the BG punt.
Here is video of comparison of both punts aswell as it shows that MSH punt can be defended fully.

Click here to watch on YouTube

Also how both abilities are represented in the code:
Spoiler:
That being said, i do agree that this form of AoE punt together with Pounce should be somewhat limited most likely by increased CD (30s-60s).
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

Bosli

Post#10 » Tue Jun 13, 2023 4:07 am

Xergon wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:26 pm Its not actually the exact same punt. MSH punt has noticeable less power in the ability itself than the BG punt.
Here is video of comparison of both punts aswell as it shows that MSH punt can be defended fully.
Can you do the same test on a long stretch of downhill? I'm not sure how the Gravity Multiplier is calculated into the arc, but it's different and when I fly off of a hill it always feels like MSH loses a lot less velocity, thus making you fly even further than BG punt.