Recent Topics

Ads

Preventing regen items from stacking with each others

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Hulgore
Suspended

Preventing regen items from stacking with each others

Post#1 » Mon Oct 17, 2022 4:43 pm

That might be a good idea, to prevent 3-keys users to passively win 1v3

Edit :
Like always on this forum, the average condescending biggot is here to explain that everything is fine with the game, and that you should question yourself (your skill), - which is their answer for every problem you may encounter while playing.

Let's quickly remind here that you don't need any skill with your regen build to win a fight. You just press your dps rotation and you end up winning, almost by accident, because you didnt actually win, your regen did.

I've seen in several occasions two-handed tanks with regen builds not dying with 3 damage dealers on their ass, while the damage dealers were dying and had to run away.
If you think that this is good for balance to allow god-classes in warbands to become ALSO god classes in 1v1-2-3, then try to activate the other half of your brain if you can
Last edited by Hulgore on Tue Oct 18, 2022 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
nocturnalguest

Re: Preventing regen items from stacking with each others

Post#2 » Mon Oct 17, 2022 5:18 pm

Or might be not, cause cuts out a niche style game mode that has no influence in a general scheme of things and will cause unnecessary flows making game less "fun" reducing diversity of playstyles
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Caduceus

Post#3 » Mon Oct 17, 2022 5:28 pm

Regen builds that have no utility in group play should just be removed altogether from the game. It's a group game. These regen memes only cater to solo playstyles. I see no reason why certain classes should remain gimped in solo play because "the game isn't balanced around solo" when other classes get to be gods in spite of this same axiom.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

bradbury111

Post#4 » Mon Oct 17, 2022 5:32 pm

does healing debuff affect regen?

ince

Post#5 » Mon Oct 17, 2022 5:50 pm

"Regen builds that have no utility in group play should just be removed altogether from the game. It's a group game"

Last time I checked everyone is allowed to play how they want to play the game. its like saying dont allow anyone to solo play because its a "group game". Sure, regen items/skills maybe should be re-worked, but saying it like that is just wrong. that's my 2 cents atleast and meant no harm about it.

SuperStar

Post#6 » Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:56 pm

Hulgore wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 4:43 pm That might be a good idea, to prevent 3-keys users to passively win 1v3
I spent a few thousand gold on regen items. I dont mention the bs runs.

We are not many i mean the player base, that change would be unnecessary and dangerous imo.
Also we got regen pocket items from the new cities so hopefully the devs dont have problem with regen.

We should wipe the potions imo ;)

Paxsanarion

Post#7 » Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:09 pm

Caduceus wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 5:28 pm Regen builds that have no utility in group play should just be removed altogether from the game. It's a group game. These regen memes only cater to solo playstyles. I see no reason why certain classes should remain gimped in solo play because "the game isn't balanced around solo" when other classes get to be gods in spite of this same axiom.
I don’t play solo as I try to always help the team win and typically I always play tanks or healers as those give me the most sense of enjoyment to help Order win…..even though I am not a great player :-).

I am curious though, as I have been playing this game off and on for years, I hear many folks perhaps the majority of folks saying this is a group game. I understand warband efficiency and synergies etc. however I tend to look at ROR as an Order vs Destruction game …..and all that entails ….meaning the aggregate classes of one side vs the other. Could be warbands or muliple warbands, could be 12 v 12, could be 6 v 6, could be solo stealth or solo friendly classes …..all contributing to their side to help team Order or team Destuction carry the overall war to the other side. Perhaps I am naive or perhaps with the lower population now vs live it is simply better to try to play group friendly classes and play in groups? Just musing on the big picture :-)

Sulorie

Post#8 » Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:47 pm

Gear and spec for soloing, when you want to play solo. Oh snap, it is much easier to blame something else.
Dying is no option.

Ads
SepticDisaster

Post#9 » Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:15 pm

Do heal debuffs affect +regen? I was always under the impression that they did not. That would actually be a nice change and offer some counter play.

Sarnai

Post#10 » Tue Oct 18, 2022 3:17 am

Heal debuffs don't apply to regen or lifetaps (damage into healing)
WH looking for gunbad left