Recent Topics

Ads

13 gold bags and 1 blue bag for subjugator weapons

Let's talk about... everything else
Tanski

13 gold bags and 1 blue bag for subjugator weapons

Post#1 » Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:18 pm

And genesis requires several per piece as well. I do not understand how gatekeeping genesis and subjugator weapons is a good idea, the power gap between someone in SOV and conq is already pretty massive,
and this change would exclusively hurt new players. Same as renown nerf, this only hurts new players in a game under half the player base it had just 1-2 years ago. Why make these changes when so much of the server has a toon 80+ in SOV? As of writing this post, there are 700 people online and about 150 of them are above 80 in BiS gear.

https://wiki.returnofreckoning.com/War_Crests
75+ BG
80 Choppa/slyer
80 wl
70 + sm
70 bw/sorc
80 wh, we
60 sham/am

Ads
Gravord

Re: 13 gold bags and 1 blue bag for subjugator weapons

Post#2 » Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:25 pm

Tanski wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:18 pm And genesis requires several per piece as well. I do not understand how gatekeeping genesis and subjugator weapons is a good idea, the power gap between someone in SOV and conq is already pretty massive,
and this change would exclusively hurt new players. Same as renown nerf, this only hurts new players in a game under half the player base it had just 1-2 years ago. Why make these changes when so much of the server has a toon 80+ in SOV? As of writing this post, there are 700 people online and about 150 of them are above 80 in BiS gear.

https://wiki.returnofreckoning.com/War_Crests
Wait for full patch note and keep in mind, you cant roll useless or double piece repeatedly anymore, you get to choose as a player your reward.

Rubius
Developer

Post#3 » Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:27 pm

Just to note, we aren't 100% certain that this is accurate yet until devs confirm, but it does seem likely to be final. (Take it with a grain of salt for another day.) For better or worse the team has not shared much information with us.

If it is real, I agree that it's a surprisingly large amount of effort to get subjugator and genesis accessories.

One thing we don't know (but which would help) is whether you can start earning this new Genesis Currency from level 16. If so, I think that would help considerably and would make this less of a grind.

If it's something you only earn once 40/40, then yeah, this is going to be rough. :D

tazdingo

Post#4 » Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:42 pm

"power creep" has been neutered enough. there are two types of players: those who see people stronger than themselves and say it's unfair, and those who aspire to work and become as strong or stronger than them

Martok

Post#5 » Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:00 am

tazdingo wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:42 pm"power creep" has been neutered enough. there are two types of players: those who see people stronger than themselves and say it's unfair, and those who aspire to work and become as strong or stronger than them

Agreed. Every now and then one will take their lumps but the gap isn't that complicated to power through.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Morradin

Post#6 » Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:17 am

tazdingo wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:42 pm "power creep" has been neutered enough. there are two types of players: those who see people stronger than themselves and say it's unfair, and those who aspire to work and become as strong or stronger than them
So, you have yours and you do not care if a new player has to work twice as hard to get his. More time for you to score some kils on ungeared lowbies.
That about right?

I am not up to date on modern terms, but that is called gatekeeping I believe.

Rubius
Developer

Post#7 » Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:31 am

Morradin wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:17 am So, you have yours and you do not care if a new player has to work twice as hard to get his. More time for you to score some kils on ungeared lowbies.
That about right?

I am not up to date on modern terms, but that is called gatekeeping I believe.
The one very important question that still remains unanswered is: Can new players start earning these from level 16?

If so, I think the grind won't be too bad at all for brand new players. Trying to get answers for that now...

Meliannia

Post#8 » Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:49 pm

hail all,
what's important for me is everyone is treated the same, no more 'lucky dip' cheating rng
it's no longer some get handed everything immediately by rng and others are cheated relentlessly by rng
this way everyone know what they will need to do and everyone needs the same amount and can plan accordingly
fine as paint

i remember i had to grind out my entire vanq set thru vanq tokens (this was even before the game went to easy mode and gave ppl free boots and gloves from AH or a main or guildy) the cheating game giving me 11 vanq helms in a row in gold bags NOTHING else. (apart from the day ofc when i finally got all my vanq gear from grinding it and ofc the next 2 gold bags were shoudlers and gloves, the cheating game knowing i now didnt need them anymore). I wouldnt wish this rng cheating on anyone so im glad its gone. Note Ive played 3.5 years have had 1000 gold bags and still never had a vanq chest drop..... whereas as some ppl got the chest on their first ever bag,,, im glad this has now ended.

I also recall needing genesis fragment and genesis remnant and the cheating game 'rng' giving me 8 genesis aspects and 8 genesis shards,, no remnants or fragments to be seen,. I wouldnt wish this on anyone, so im glad this is now gone

Luck should never ever replace merit or effort.

Ive never cared in any MMO whether its kill 10 orcs for a helm or kill 100 orcs for a helm or kill 10,000 orcs for a helm as long as its the SAME for all players.
Nothing worse in any MMos than 'ooh kill that mob and there is a 20% drop chance of the epic shield,',, and some people get it straight away in 5mins and others between 3 to 9 tries in 1hour and im there 3 days later 83 tries and still no shield drop due to cheating rng,

Glad to see the back of it. Well done.,

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Ads
shoelessHN

Post#9 » Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:32 pm

Meliannia wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:49 pm hail all,
what's important for me is everyone is treated the same, no more 'lucky dip' cheating rng
it's no longer some get handed everything immediately by rng and others are cheated relentlessly by rng
this way everyone know what they will need to do and everyone needs the same amount and can plan accordingly
fine as paint

i remember i had to grind out my entire vanq set thru vanq tokens (this was even before the game went to easy mode and gave ppl free boots and gloves from AH or a main or guildy) the cheating game giving me 11 vanq helms in a row in gold bags NOTHING else. (apart from the day ofc when i finally got all my vanq gear from grinding it and ofc the next 2 gold bags were shoudlers and gloves, the cheating game knowing i now didnt need them anymore). I wouldnt wish this rng cheating on anyone so im glad its gone. Note Ive played 3.5 years have had 1000 gold bags and still never had a vanq chest drop..... whereas as some ppl got the chest on their first ever bag,,, im glad this has now ended.

I also recall needing genesis fragment and genesis remnant and the cheating game 'rng' giving me 8 genesis aspects and 8 genesis shards,, no remnants or fragments to be seen,. I wouldnt wish this on anyone, so im glad this is now gone

Luck should never ever replace merit or effort.

Ive never cared in any MMO whether its kill 10 orcs for a helm or kill 100 orcs for a helm or kill 10,000 orcs for a helm as long as its the SAME for all players.
Nothing worse in any MMos than 'ooh kill that mob and there is a 20% drop chance of the epic shield,',, and some people get it straight away in 5mins and others between 3 to 9 tries in 1hour and im there 3 days later 83 tries and still no shield drop due to cheating rng,

Glad to see the back of it. Well done.,

Good riddance to bad rubbish.
Adding a way to trade in 5 genesis frags/shards/etc. for the one of your choice would have fixed that rng nonsense. 13 gold bags makes genesis a huge pass.

Rewarc

Post#10 » Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:05 pm

well its worse than expected LOL I'm out this change absolutly killed the game for me..