Recent Topics

Ads

[dok/wp] SE/RF regen

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Alubert

[dok/wp] SE/RF regen

Post#1 » Wed Nov 03, 2021 4:32 pm

I own all the healers in the game.
The doc/wp received a pretty serious nerf (aoe detaunt). I think it's a very good change.
There is only one quite serious problem RF/SE regen.
On the original server the book/chalice gave 12 regen. Additionally one piece of equipment gave +2 regen. Plus sov bonus set (if i remember it was 45 or 60 regen).
Maybe the current 8 regen should be tweaked a bit for a slightly better regen?
Generally when it comes to wp/dok weapons they are tragic.
Invader chalice with dmg proc. really? Who invented such nonsense? Dmg breaks detaunt.
61 rr also. Still better r45 sc chalice.
BB/BE let's not even talk about them :).
Hurub Chopa 80+ / Wybrany Chosen 80+ / Mroczniak BG 60+ / Alubercik BO 50+ / Doczek DoK 80+ / Hurubek Zeal 80+ /
Misio Shaman 80+ / Maxra Mara 60+ / Alubertus RP 70+ / Alubert KTB 80+ / Mnich WP 60+ / Kregi SL 60+ / Uposledzonyjez IB 40+

Ads
saupreusse
Developer

Re: [dok/wp] SE/RF regen

Post#2 » Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:02 pm

Alubert wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 4:32 pm I own all the healers in the game.
The doc/wp received a pretty serious nerf (aoe detaunt). I think it's a very good change.
There is only one quite serious problem RF/SE regen.
On the original server the book/chalice gave 12 regen. Additionally one piece of equipment gave +2 regen. Plus sov bonus set (if i remember it was 45 or 60 regen).
Maybe the current 8 regen should be tweaked a bit for a slightly better regen?
Generally when it comes to wp/dok weapons they are tragic.
Invader chalice with dmg proc. really? Who invented such nonsense? Dmg breaks detaunt.
61 rr also. Still better r45 sc chalice.
BB/BE let's not even talk about them :).
the proc doesnt break detaunt afaik
but yeah the weapons and chalices/tomes above rr45 suck balls which is kinda annoying. even the fortress tomes are arguably worse than my rr45 ones. But I think you get along with resources quite well. you can slot resource regen tactics and use aoe every once in a while.

Evilspinnre
Banned

Post#3 » Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:09 pm

You still have the suitability to stay close to the blob and spam smite/essence lash to regen. There are also proc bonuses (onslaught and sov) and a tactic to help.
Evilspinnre - Nightmare/Daydream - Xrealmers Anonymous
80+ AM, WL, WP, BW, SL, SM, 50+ RP, SW, IB
80+ BG, Sorc, WE, Mara, Choppa, SH, 60+ Zeal, Shaman, Blork
https://www.youtube.com/user/EvilspinnrePvP
https://www.twitch.tv/evilspinnrepvp

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#4 » Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:10 pm

Are you using Fueled actions tactic??

The best SE regen is using essence lash on cd

Alubert

Post#5 » Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:42 pm

Thanks for your interest in the post and thanks for the replies.
All your suggestions are ok and I know them but....
We come from two different worlds. You guys talk about blob and I play duo-trio-6man.
1. fueled action - totally useless, playing in small party you keep max distance 90-150 feet.
2. smite/essence lash - doesn't work for the same reason as above.
3. Dmg proc breaks detaunt just like chosen magic backlash aura.
4. Fueled action is not the best dok tactic.
Aoe cleanse, discpiline and 2 x convenant tactic. I haven't found a better set of tactics so far.
5. yes, of course i use 7 sov bonus - 30 SE regen.
Hurub Chopa 80+ / Wybrany Chosen 80+ / Mroczniak BG 60+ / Alubercik BO 50+ / Doczek DoK 80+ / Hurubek Zeal 80+ /
Misio Shaman 80+ / Maxra Mara 60+ / Alubertus RP 70+ / Alubert KTB 80+ / Mnich WP 60+ / Kregi SL 60+ / Uposledzonyjez IB 40+

saupreusse
Developer

Post#6 » Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:06 pm

Alubert wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:42 pm Thanks for your interest in the post and thanks for the replies.
We come from two different worlds. You guys talk about blob and I play duo-trio-6man.
1. fueled action - totally useless, playing in small party you keep max distance 90-150 feet.
Aoe cleanse, discpiline and 2 x convenant tactic. I haven't found a better set of tactics so far.
you dont necessarily have to stay at max distance. If you use sov you should be tanky enough to take some beating to proc your tactic or smite a few targets... And if all fails you still have an aoe detaunt and transfer essence.

marisco

Post#7 » Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:52 pm

DOK/WP whole kit is based on the idea that you are not a backline healer. You don't necessarily need to be on the frontline like a shield/dual wield build but being at least mid range is kinda needed to regen SE efficiently.

The "problem" that you mentioned is just the tradeoff for the extra safety If you decide to play the career as a full backline healer.

That being said, I agree that the itemization is really weird on some of the newer chalices.

Omegus

Post#8 » Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:37 pm

Alubert wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:42 pm 3. Dmg proc breaks detaunt just like chosen magic backlash aura.
If it's the Spike damage proc then it does not break detaunt: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=46596

Detaunt doesn't break on any damage anymore; it's based on ability activation or something similar to it. Some procs break it (like Backlash), some don't (like Spike).
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Ads
Loans

Post#9 » Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:48 am

I agree kinda sad that after all the effort to get the weapons you have to use the rr45, other healers have far more options!

Alubert

Post#10 » Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:57 am

saupreusse wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:06 pm
Alubert wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:42 pm Thanks for your interest in the post and thanks for the replies.
you dont necessarily have to stay at max distance. If you use sov you should be tanky enough to take some beating to proc your tactic or smite a few targets... And if all fails you still have an aoe detaunt and transfer essence.
Dok has to make a choice. Either aoe detaunt or being useful to the group. After nerfing aoe detaunt tactics the choice for me is obvious. Bloodthirst + Potent Convenants is the best combo for your party. Especially now after patch when "proc" stack with dmg increasing bonuses. Literally choppa can hit convenant of celerity every 1-2 sec for up to 560 (max rage + flanking).
That's why I always thought that the best defense is not getting any damage at all. I always stand 90-100 feet behind my damage dealers.
Only this base SE regen is a bit too low compared to original server.