Recent Topics

Ads

Source of info about pvp and classes

Let's talk about... everything else
valadorn5

Source of info about pvp and classes

Post#1 » Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:17 am

I would like to ask, is there any source of info about what I should know to play against each class? For example WP does that, WH has that cc you should be aware etc. In wiki it is more about fluff.
I think this is a really important question for pvp and I believe there should exist something somewhere.

Ads
abezverkhiy

Re: Source of info about pvp and classes

Post#2 » Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:35 am

I just posted WH guide in Empire section. There is a long guide about WPs too. There's a massive guide about all dwarven classes in Dwarf section. Read what they are advised to do and learn classes.
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

skylinx

Post#3 » Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:14 am

^this

but also, the best way is to play them yourself, dueling players and playing in parties can be useful too. the point being that you learn about their rotations and skills but, more importantly, learning the animations for those skills and how they appear on buffhead. debuffs, buffs, channels etc you can then find the mirror skills on the opposing faction and decide if theres any of them you want to add to buffhead

valadorn5

Post#4 » Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:45 am

abezverkhiy wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:35 am I just posted WH guide in Empire section. There is a long guide about WPs too. There's a massive guide about all dwarven classes in Dwarf section. Read what they are advised to do and learn classes.
I think posts like this should be pinned. It is not easy to filter good guides (if yours is good indeed which I am not sure as I have no experience with WH). But at least it seems proper to me.

marisco

Post#5 » Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:14 pm

You can try to look at the career builder to get familiar with each career ccs, morals, defensive cds etc but trust me this kind of knowledge only get ingrained in your brain through repetition a.k.a. playing time.

Battlefield

Post#6 » Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:42 pm

zulnam

Post#7 » Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:12 pm

Forums is a good way to learn classes. You have to do some digging. Ror builder is very good too, but a bit outdated (i have a PR with the updates if anyone can tell Delen to have a look).

Lastly, joining a guild with veterans is also a good way of learning the game.

There is no one-video-fits-all guide to spoonfeed you like in WoW, for example. For better and worse.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

taskroughly

Post#8 » Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:49 am

If you want to familiarize yourself with the various career ccs, morals, and defensive cds, you may glance at the career builder. However, repetition, also known as playing time, is the only way to really internalize this kind of information. :)waffle game

Ads
wonshot

Post#9 » Sat Nov 05, 2022 7:25 am

As some of the other guys already mentioned, there are some guides on Youtube if you search for them.
On the forum there will be some written guides to be found. Live streamers over on: https://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/Wa ... 0Reckoning can be one way to get some insight.

The ingame advice chat can be helpful if you are abit specific on your questions and dont just ask "whats the best class" :P

Socializing in a group, guild, or alliance can also prove to be the fastest and best way to get familiar.
All of the methods are probably best mixed with reading and learning the classes yourself either by playing them or from time to time check what each class can do in the Character builder.

I made this little very basic guidance document from the last guild i was in, some might disagree with the points, and it only covers the destro classes and only for warband warfare so doesnt cover it all. But maybe there is a thing or two you find helpful:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1q0t ... v4F50/edit
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Scottx125

Post#10 » Sat Nov 05, 2022 12:55 pm

There isn't really something that says X class is good vs X class. It's more of something you discover, but many classes are mirrors. IMO it's instead better to focus on what X class should be doing in X situation.

E.G, Tanks in ORvR don't just guard their DPS, they switch guard to healers when needed and assist DPS in killing by knocking down an enemy tank which is guarding a target and then punting the tank away. They should also strip enemies of buffs and challenge the blob to reduce damage to team mates etc.

When you understand what you should be doing, you can then understand what your mirror is doing and what similar classes to you will be doing, then you can use interrupts etc to counter them.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.