Recent Topics

Ads

Class Sub Forums / Old Guides.

Let's talk about... everything else
FippyDarkPaw

Class Sub Forums / Old Guides.

Post#1 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:43 pm

I'm wondering if there's any saved material on class guides, strats, builds, theory crafting, etc on the net.
Is there a plan to make class forums for W:RoR?

I played up until RR50+ on retail but that was many years ago and I don't remember most things. I'd like to learn more about the end game play-styles of all classes. Learn their strengths and weaknesses etc, without having to level them all up or question some poor souls ear off.
Or if there's anyone on Destro side that wouldn't mind having a very long chat about the game with me, I would appreciate that too.

Thanks in advanced~

Ads
Tesq

Re: Class Sub Forums / Old Guides.

Post#2 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:49 pm

you have time, also some things could change otw, best is learn level x level.

Coryphaus

Post#3 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:54 pm

to my knowledge their isnt but if their is any advice you want on a particular class you can always create a thread in general discussion i guess, dam pity wish their were still some old mara threads i could go read up on

FippyDarkPaw

Post#4 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:22 pm

Tesq wrote:you have time, also some things could change otw, best is learn level x level.
Unfortunately I don't have much time. I work full time and work outside of my main job. So when I play I'm counting the seconds and trying to savor every moment hehe. That's why I haven't gotten past level 10 on any class yet. I'm very hesitant in committing. Was hoping for some further insight outside of potentially wasting a bunch of time with no yield by leveling characters I'm going to dislike 30+ levels in.

Coryphaus

Post#5 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:04 pm

well why dont you ask about a character your interested? most of here are veterans of the game who were their when it all shut down

FippyDarkPaw

Post#6 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:35 pm

Coryphaus wrote:well why dont you ask about a character your interested? most of here are veterans of the game who were their when it all shut down

Well I have quite a few questions. :)
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

1. Purpose of tank classes like KotBS/Chosen/BO/IB? I know for PVE they're good tanks. And I know being a tank can be helpful in RVR. But as far as SC's go, what are they good for? What play style should they be following in RVR and SC's? Should they use Sword and Boards in SCs?

2. Currently in T1 it seems Kotbs/Chosen are not only tougher, but do more damage than BO/IB. If that's the case, will that change? I know KoTBS and Chosen have supportive Aura's, what exactly do IB/BO bring to the table?

3. Do SHM/AM have to do damage to be really good healers? Do they really do damage at all at 40 RR40+ ?

4. What are the resists/defensive stat priorities for both melee dps and caster dps? Ini or Tough?

5. What exactly nets you renown in SCs? Damage/Healing done? DBs? B/O capping? Which of these gives the most?

5. Currently in T1 it seems Kotbs/Chosen are not only tougher, but do more damage than BO/IB. If that's the case, will that change? I know KoTBS and Chosen have supportive Aura's, what exactly do IB/BO bring to the table?

mickeye

Post#7 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:06 pm

FippyDarkPaw wrote:1. Purpose of tank classes like KotBS/Chosen/BO/IB? I know for PVE they're good tanks. And I know being a tank can be helpful in RVR. But as far as SC's go, what are they good for? What play style should they be following in RVR and SC's? Should they use Sword and Boards in SCs?
In general, tank role is support. You should train those mastery abilities which will bring most to the group. That usually mean as much CC you can get and as many party/other player buffs you can get. If you're new to the tank role, you should focus on proper guard and CC management. Also being supportive does mean you don't die first.
FippyDarkPaw wrote:2. Currently in T1 it seems Kotbs/Chosen are not only tougher, but do more damage than BO/IB. If that's the case, will that change? I know KoTBS and Chosen have supportive Aura's, what exactly do IB/BO bring to the table?
Damage output of tanks will get worse on higher level. On general, IB and BO will do more damage at higher level than Knight or Chosen. In single target damage, they're better even at lower tiers. And don't worry, those Knights pumping out "damage" on scenario scoreboard with their All out assault aura,will be considered useless in later tiers.
FippyDarkPaw wrote:3. Do SHM/AM have to do damage to be really good healers? Do they really do damage at all at 40 RR40+ ?
No they will not have time doing damage, when they need to concentrate on healing. Their damage output at higher levels get worse, but AM can be somewhat decent RDPS on high level if they focus on it
FippyDarkPaw wrote:4. What are the resists/defensive stat priorities for both melee dps and caster dps? Ini or Tough?
I haven't played healer on t2 in RoR so probably someone else will answer that.
FippyDarkPaw wrote:5. What exactly nets you renown in SCs? Damage/Healing done? DBs? B/O capping? Which of these gives the most?
As for now, you get renown for every player killed by you or your group in scenario. You should get renown
Fionne WL | Burlok > Karak Eight Peaks > Eltharion > Karak Azgal > Karak Norn

FippyDarkPaw

Post#8 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:30 pm

Wow thanks Mickeye!

If someone can answer the Resists question. Would appreciate it. :)

Ads
Rebuke

Post#9 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:15 pm

Order = Stack Spirit
Destro = Stack Elemental

(This is coming from someone that plays a Swordmaster :D)

BreezeKicker

Post#10 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:29 pm

Damage output of tanks will get worse on higher level. On general, IB and BO will do more damage at higher level than Knight or Chosen. In single target damage, they're better even at lower tiers. And don't worry, those Knights pumping out "damage" on scenario scoreboard with their All out assault aura,will be considered useless in later tiers.

All out Assault is not available in T2, all we have have from dmg proc auras is On Your Guard - dmg on melle attack. You may outdps actual dps classes by simply being able to stay longer in fight due to having more defensive potential. Overall dmg for dmg sake is useless. You can do several things on tank;

1) Guard a healer - generally be a pain for enemy dps by CCing and ensure they won't have easy time bashing on your heals

2) Guard a dps on the front line - Adding in your dmg and cc to help with mopping up the enemy while making the guarded dps harder to kill which in turn lets them be more aggressive

3) Cross guard with another tank to piss off opposition/create a distraction

4) Be flexible and provide guard where it is needed based on the situation

5) Be a **** and not use guard while pretending to be a dps

*If equipped with shield use Hold the line to ease out ranged pressure for allies behind you - useful when charging enemy line or holding a position
Last edited by BreezeKicker on Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sunset-BW...(M)|Starlight-SM.
Moon-WP..........|Mayor-ENG
Vanguard-KotBs|Breeze-WL
Aryanne-WH

Leader of CNTK branch @RoR