Recent Topics

Ads

BIS Competitive Event Slot Item

Let's talk about... everything else
KissShot

BIS Competitive Event Slot Item

Post#1 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:17 pm

Love the introduction of competitive gear that makes playing competitive worth it. However, after queuing the entire weekend (Friday afternoon-Sun) whenever I had the downtime (no city, etc.), I'm was not able to play 5 solo queue ranked games let alone win them all. Ranked queues not popping at certain times is a known issue. However, because of this, I think the BIS item should last 7 days instead of 3. Most NA players (predominantly DPS) will have a tough time managing to grind that many SCs at this point.

Not the end of the world either way - just seems difficult to make the pitch to grind a 3 day item when it takes longer than 3 days to get the item (e.g. limited up time). Also could just be my experience here as an NA DPS, unsure since I can't see the stats/pop numbers overtime.

Update, to be clear if for some reason it wasn't:
KissShot wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:04 pm
M0rw47h wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:47 pm The idea is to give people a reason to que for ranked and compete over stomping pugs with premade in Weeely Warfront. Like you need to do CnT/BS for Sentinel talisman for your BiS gear setup.
A 3 day event item where you can't get 5 pops in 3 days does nothing to solve it. The pops are the problem at the root - but that isn't being fixed anytime soon it seems, hence the extension of duration. If I could get 3 pops in one day, I wouldn't have even made this post.

For reference:
"New powerful 3 day duration event slot items have been added for a cost of between 75 and 125 Triumphant Emblems depending on your MMR (approximately 5 scenario wins). These items have twice the stats of the regular weekend warfront event slot items. So in total 25 extra stat points and +1 crit. These items are best in slot items that are only available through ranked scenarios."
Last edited by KissShot on Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
havartii

Re: BIS Competitive Event Slot Item

Post#2 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:27 pm

Not a good idea, the item gives you a big buff and 3 days is plenty of time to feel its power.
Order: 70 AM / 76 RP/ 72 Knight/ 58 WH
Destro: 82 Sham / 79 Zealot/ 70 DoK /70 Magus /68 Mara
Many alts on both sides now ruined by new currency change

Grock

Post#3 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:16 pm

I mean if they increase the duration they gonna increase the cost too, whats gonna be the difference?
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

KissShot

Post#4 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:31 pm

Grock wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:16 pm I mean if they increase the duration they gonna increase the cost too, whats gonna be the difference?
No need to increase cost. Literal point is to keep it the same.

Grock

Post#5 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:41 pm

I feel like thats gonna be a bit too easy, there's a weekly bonus that gives you a fair amount of tokens, even if you can't get enough from matches the weekly reward will probably give enough to buy 2
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

M0rw47h

Post#6 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:47 pm

The idea is to give people a reason to que for ranked and compete over stomping pugs with premade in Weeely Warfront. Like you need to do CnT/BS for Sentinel talisman for your BiS gear setup.

KissShot

Post#7 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:04 pm

M0rw47h wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:47 pm The idea is to give people a reason to que for ranked and compete over stomping pugs with premade in Weeely Warfront. Like you need to do CnT/BS for Sentinel talisman for your BiS gear setup.
A 3 day event item where you can't get 5 pops in 3 days does nothing to solve it. The pops are the problem at the root - but that isn't being fixed anytime soon it seems, hence the extension of duration. If I could get 3 pops in one day, I wouldn't have even made this post.

M0rw47h

Post#8 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:27 pm

We may hope for more reasons for people to Q for ranked rather than other SCs in season 2.

Ads
KissShot

Post#9 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:05 pm

M0rw47h wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:27 pm We may hope for more reasons for people to Q for ranked rather than other SCs in season 2.
Agreed.

geezereur

Post#10 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:18 pm

I dont think this is meant to be a perma item.