Recent Topics

Ads

Surrenders in city

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Vandoles

Surrenders in city

Post#1 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:01 pm

Although I'm likely to get locked & rejected immediately, I think we have a big issue in city just being incredibly boring very often when one group clearly dominates the other. in those cases stages 1 and 2 simply take a very long time, while you're stuck either waiting or bashing the lords. PvDoor turned PvTimer.

With that said, I think there should be an option to introduce a surrender within the city. First of all, the drawbacks are:

1) People may throw to get their bags as fast as possible.
2) Will make city even more trivial
3) Will discourage people from trying at all

To parry these problems, there are 2 things:

1) Surrender should not be available immediately. Earliest is midway through the city.
2) Surrender should require full unanimous votes
3) There should be a definite penalty from surrendering, which will automatically rule it out for a decet group - e.g. one bag less from each stage (bags are already quite at a premium from a loss, one less is very bad). Another idea is to straight up rule out bags, or at least gold bags for a surrender. Only the participation medals. While this would help less people, it will help the most dire cases of pug people coming in for a participation medal, which is utterly boring for both them and the premade they face.

In terms of timing are several options here:

1) You can surrender midway through stage 2.
2) You can surrender a single stage around its middle (for me this is the best option)
3) You can surrender upon the enemy taking more than half the objectives - not sure if implementable.

Anyway, idea is simple enough, discuss or reject I guess.
Last edited by Vandoles on Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
lyncher12

Re: Surrenders in city

Post#2 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:06 pm

or you can surrender at any point, it advances to the next stage and you get no bags

dont know how many cities ive sat there alt tabbed because the enemy took the first two flags but gave up at middle

Vandoles

Post#3 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:14 pm

lyncher12 wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:06 pm or you can surrender at any point, it advances to the next stage and you get no bags

dont know how many cities ive sat there alt tabbed because the enemy took the first two flags but gave up at middle
Absolutely true, added idea to OP.

Aethilmar

Post#4 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:33 pm

First, I'm not sure why I would consider surrendering when it reduces my chances for loot. I would rather just wait it out (and make the pug stomping group wait as well).

Second, this proposal just addresses a symptom of the core problem. If you want people to stay actively engaged there needs to be engaging secondary objectives which provide a reason to continue to be active. If that problem is solved, the "AFK" problem goes away.

Vandoles

Post#5 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:39 pm

Aethilmar wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:33 pm First, I'm not sure why I would consider surrendering when it reduces my chances for loot. I would rather just wait it out (and make the pug stomping group wait as well).

Second, this proposal just addresses a symptom of the core problem. If you want people to stay actively engaged there needs to be engaging secondary objectives which provide a reason to continue to be active. If that problem is solved, the "AFK" problem goes away.
Do you have a solution for the core problem? I'm pretty sure nobody does, at least for now, so treating the symptoms is as good as it gets.

Winterwacht

Post#6 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:24 pm

Sounds like it would be okay for guilds or premades, but when I soloq on SW I sure as **** don't want others forfeiting my chance of bags and me helplessly flailing around with my arms

Aethilmar

Post#7 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:54 pm

Vandoles wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:39 pm
Aethilmar wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:33 pm First, I'm not sure why I would consider surrendering when it reduces my chances for loot. I would rather just wait it out (and make the pug stomping group wait as well).

Do you have a solution for the core problem? I'm pretty sure nobody does, at least for now, so treating the symptoms is as good as it gets.
I do but I don't want to derail your proposal thread. The short version is all three phases boil down to warband level cage matches. Split the action in phases 1 & 2 so that 6-man groups can affect the battle more and there will be more fighting.

agemennon675

Post#8 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:55 pm

Why would anyone want to surrender if it reduces their chance of getting crests, pointless. Trying to gear up by losing is already hard enough
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

Ads
Vandoles

Post#9 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:15 pm

Winterwacht wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:24 pm Sounds like it would be okay for guilds or premades, but when I soloq on SW I sure as **** don't want others forfeiting my chance of bags and me helplessly flailing around with my arms
Refer to the OP please, part of the suggestion is a requirement for the vote to be 100% unanimous.

Martok

Post#10 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:40 pm

Hmmm...
Blame It On My ADD Baby...