Recent Topics

Ads

Fort weapon 25% heal debuff does it stack?

In this section, you will find some advices and basics to start quietly ingame. Question like " I'm lvl 1, what shall i do?", "What class shall i pick?", will find some answers in this place.

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

yoluigi

Fort weapon 25% heal debuff does it stack?

Post#1 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:23 pm

Am a WP and we got a skill absence of faith which does 50% less effective heal on target.
Weapon 10% chance to lower incoming heal for 25%.
Soo the question is do they stack to 75 if i use my skill attack?

If not they need to change the weapon procs to make somethin like regain action point/domage/armor debuff or something usefull for a wp.
ATM the weapon is weaker than Bloordlord weapon because of the speed.

Ads
Foofmonger

Re: Fort weapon 25% heal debuff does it stack?

Post#2 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:44 pm

yoluigi wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:23 pm
Am a WP and we got a skill absence of faith which does 50% less effective heal on target.
Weapon 10% chance to lower incoming heal for 25%.
Soo the question is do they stack to 75 if i use my skill attack?

If not they need to change the weapon procs to make somethin like regain action point/domage/armor debuff or something usefull for a wp.
ATM the weapon is weaker than Bloordlord weapon because of the speed.
I hope to god they don't stack. 75% heal debuffs were removed from live in 2008 because they were incredibly oppressive.

That being said, it's not useless even if it doesn't stack. It let's you do a few things.

1. You can not spec for the heal debuff and still have one (this is pretty dumb but it's an option).
2. Your heal debuff has a 10 second cooldown. This allows you to heal debuff 1 person, and then swap targets and hopefully heal debuff someone else (much like how a DOK works).
3. This allows you to re-apply heal debuffs after cleanses, making your debuff potential more "sticky".

Also, remember that all the weapons in the game are being re-tuned and Bloordlord weapons are to be nerfed as so sayeth the dev team, so I wouldn't use them a baseline for comparison. Right now bloodlord is the BIS weapon in the game for almost every class over fort weapons, it's got nothing to do with a heal debuff proc though.

yoluigi

Post#3 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:54 pm

On live Weapons had alot more dps that's why people now are whinning healing is OP. I think the same tier was like 10 more dps something like that. With City gear out hard to kill healers. Anyway thanks for the reply. WP DPS having a hard time soo still think would make them more viable lol

Foofmonger

Post#4 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:58 pm

yoluigi wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:54 pm
On live Weapons had alot more dps that's why people now are whinning healing is OP. I think the same tier was like 10 more dps something like that. With City gear out hard to kill healers. Anyway thanks for the reply. WP DPS having a hard time soo still think would make them more viable lol
WP DPS probably needs something else to make it more viable overall rather than the fort weapon unfortunately. I honestly think you'd be better off with the DoK style heal debuff proc rather than the ability. I do agree, the overall combat system seems to be currently skewed towards healing over DPS, esp after the morale changes it's very hard to actually wipe competent groups.

StrongUn

Post#5 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:34 pm

Outgoing heal debuff + incoming heal debuff stacks

orillah

Post#6 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:53 pm

its just gonna make healers heal for only ~38% of effective healing if you have both stacks on them. So 60% reduced healing averaged, nothing huge if you cant kill healer with 50% Hdebuff you arent really gonna do that with 60% either.
Enemy looks in your General Direction. He deals 100000000000000 damage to you. And to your family. And to their pets. And to everything you've ever loved.
You have died.

yoluigi

Post#7 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:55 pm

orillah wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:53 pm
its just gonna make healers heal for only ~38% of effective healing if you have both stacks on them. So 60% reduced healing averaged, nothing huge if you cant kill healer with 50% Hdebuff you arent really gonna do that with 60% either.
True

Foofmonger

Post#8 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:01 pm

orillah wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:53 pm
38% vs 50% healing is huge, and that assumes that it stacks multiplicatevly.

Frankly, anything over a 50% incoming heal debuff doesn't work in this combat system. We saw this in the past.

Ads
orillah

Post#9 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:24 pm

You need to always remember that reduced healing doesnt equal increased damage. Healers tend to overheal alot.
Enemy looks in your General Direction. He deals 100000000000000 damage to you. And to your family. And to their pets. And to everything you've ever loved.
You have died.