Recent Topics

Ads

Why all the PvE hate?

Let's talk about... everything else
Lasereyevision

Why all the PvE hate?

Post#1 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:03 am

I've been wondering this for a while and there seems to be a lot of saltiness when it comes to PvE content in WAR and RoR. I'm just wondering why this is. I get that WAR is a primarily PvP game, but it did have PvE elements in it. People who suggest things like getting rid of PvE gear and content confuse me. If the content is there and you choose not to play it that is your choice, you can't expect everyone to play the game the same way you do. Some people like PvE and some don't, there is room enough on the server for both types I think. Personally I love the story of WAR and I like questing believe it or not. Along with that I like the PvP of WAR. It's easier to level up through PvE and then jump into PvP in my opinion, so why can't we all just get along?

Ads
herrmarek

Re: Why all the PvE hate?

Post#2 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:19 am

for now, you are right, but at old war servers, and at the end of developing this server(i hope) you need to jump at rvr from the begining, you need to have (to survive)the biggest level of renown(and abilities from it). all the best weapons and armors need some level of renown

Sulorie

Post#3 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:41 am

You were free to pve after adding noxp books.
Dying is no option.

Mec

Post#4 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:17 am

It's not the Pve that's pissing people off, it's the Grind and nothing else.To be honest i made comments about me hating Pve too but the Pve in War is not the problem, the problem is that you can only get the best Gear if you grind right now and that really sucks.
I think even people that say Pve should be removed from the game just mean that they want to get the gear that everybody has though PvP and not grinding that's why everybody is hating Pve.

Azarael

Post#5 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:54 am

The PvE hate is a product of the current state of the server:

- The selling point of this game was PvP and RvR
- PvE will be harder to get working across the board than PvP
- RoR PvE is currently bad
- People feel forced into doing boring PvE grind for their gear

I don't think anyone has a problem with GOOD PvE, but what we've got here isn't good.

Tiggo
Former Staff

Post#6 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:40 am

i agree azrael.

still. considering the very limited ressources and judging what ressources good pve needs (and ongoing ressource, because lets be honest: you can only do one dungeon so often untill it gets boring and you need new ones. Dungeon mechanics are a BIG task on balancing and enginering and developing).

while: when good PVP is set up ONCE you hardly have to "invent" new PvP-Content, as its the nature of pvp that the PLAYERS are the content, and they only need a solid soil to play on and then can have fun for years.

so considering this: making good pve in RoR is IMHO a waste of ressources. and yes i know not all will concur with me.

looking at the history of pvp games, it was always the pve crowd which brought those games down, as more and more ressources had to be spent on constant new pve content and less and less ressources went into designing a good soil for pvp content.

eventually the pvp crowd leaves cause not being supported enough and the pve crowd leaves anyway as they chew through pve content faster then any devteam besides the 1000+ blizzard developers can deliver.
- Martock - Tiggo - Antigonos - Mago - Hamilkar - Melquart
- Smooshie (Destro)

Bozzax

Post#7 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:55 am

Azarael wrote:The PvE hate is a product of the current state of the server:

- The selling point of this game was PvP and RvR
- PvE will be harder to get working across the board than PvP
- RoR PvE is currently bad
- People feel forced into doing boring PvE grind for their gear

I don't think anyone has a problem with GOOD PvE, but what we've got here isn't good.
+1
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Grobbok

Post#8 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:23 pm

sorry but what is 'good pve', at orginal game, only good pve was LoTD. All dungeons except ToVL and some Tombs were for nothing, LV, BB, BE, BS, ye, it was cool to do it one time, so why Devs must focus for something that is useless? so the point that ppl hate pve now is that Devs should focus on rvr, not on pve because it is not so important, if t4 will work, Cites and locks, that we could have more pve. Look on PQ, that idea was completely wrong, maybe that was funny, cool, to do some with friends, but for game goal it was waste of time
lider of Da fat squigs guild

Ads
Tiggo
Former Staff

Post#9 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:27 pm

thats exactly what i mean grobbok, mythic was so fixated on not harming the pve crowd, they e.g. never fought of pvp-pqs until land of the dead and even THERE they decided to give each faction its own "territory" with its own pqs and divide the land with a lethal river. Which prbly. was the most stupid decision i saw in history of gaming. ^^

PVE even took away a large chunk of the pvp ground in the zones. If you just look at the zones, how much dead pve ground was wasted there for some poor pve-folks to wander around, instead of doing BIG rvr lakes... it brings tears to my eyes.

so pvp-pqs or even pvpve could be fun. but pve-only content, as i and you said are a waste of resources, which our new devs hardly have anyway. IMHO
- Martock - Tiggo - Antigonos - Mago - Hamilkar - Melquart
- Smooshie (Destro)

Zumy

Post#10 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:45 am

I hated PvE, but I sure as hell would love to do TBB and Gunbad again.

But knowing how much work that would be for such a brief pleasure, I'd rather have that ressources placed in RvR and Scenarios.
Zumy RR100 SW | Karak Norn