Recent Topics

Ads

General Progression - Activities/Gear/Leveling

Let's talk about... everything else
joaobasass

General Progression - Activities/Gear/Leveling

Post#1 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:03 pm

I'm a little lost here regarding progression in general.

What's the consensus regarding progression? What's the most efficient way to level up and gear up? I saw some players saying that the ideal is to spam PQs while queueing for SCs.

There are a few problems with the above, there aren't a lot of people trying to do the PQs (LVL 15/12 Chosen here) and I blow hard on PvP, don't know if the reason is that I suck hard or just lack of skills/level to fight on an equal level.

For leveling up it seems that PQs while queueing for SCs is fine, because apparently the quests give **** XP. But what about gearing up? Is there an ideal progression? Level Tiers or something like that?

Usually MMORPGs have specific tier sets based on levels/tokens(made up names):

Tier 1 - Set of the Donut Eater
Tier 2 - Set of the Soda Drowner
Tier 3 - Set of the Burger Grinder
Tier 4 - Set of the Pizza Devourer (usually everyone fights through the tiers just to get this one)

I think you all know what I mean. Is there a BiS or something that I should focus to become competitive or just to face endgame stuff? Info like ideal accessories, etc and even build for Chosen (trying 2H) are welcome too! :)

Sorry for the huge text and my apologies for some english mistakes, it's not my main language.

Ads
Fallenkezef

Re: General Progression - Activities/Gear/Leveling

Post#2 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:07 pm

I have leveled a Slayer to 40, a Chosen and currently leveling my Mara farmalt.

PQ's, epic quest chains and SC's are the way forward. Only gear you need are the renown greens from war quarter.

At 31, hanmer the rvr and sc's hard till you get rr40 then you can walk into anni/merc at rank 35
Alea iacta est

dansari

Post#3 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:22 pm

OP, start here: https://wiki.returnofreckoning.com/index.php/Main_Page.

Check the equipments page for orvr/sc gear (weapons not included), and the currency guide. The epic quest chains are there as well.
<Salt Factory>

Darosh
Banned

Post#4 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:46 pm

joaobasass wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:03 pm There are a few problems with the above, there aren't a lot of people trying to do the PQs (LVL 15/12 Chosen here) and I blow hard on PvP, don't know if the reason is that I suck hard or just lack of skills/level to fight on an equal level.
Its a matter of practice and grouping ~ you'll pick it up in no time.

In terms of gear:

T1-T2 level range, 15-21 =
Scenario/RvR gear + Scenario weapons, leftover slots filled with T1-T2 PvE/RvR influence items and capital vendor gear, craft talis yourself - level talisman making asap, alongside apothecary on an alt. Derp around in the lakes, queue scenarios.

T2-T3 level range, 21-30 =
21-26 Mayhem + capital vendor gear.
26-29 Scenario/RvR gear + Scenario weapons or T3 epic quest weapons + T3 RvR influence items, alternatively Chapter vendor jewelry (rather costly). Derp around in the lakes, queue scenarios and grind Mayhem.

T3-T4 level range, 31-40 =
(+35): Ruin/Merc* + t1/4 Scenario weapons (<lv39/39)/T4 epic quest weapons + ToK jewelry - start saving for t2/4 weapons (<lv40/45) and Dominator after that). Derp around in the lakes, queue scenarios, grind Ruin - look for a guild.

T4, 40/+40 =
(40/+40): Beastlord/Anni* + Gutslime weapons.
(40/+45): RvR influence weapons/jewelry/x. Look for a guild/regulars to play with(!), if you haven't already.
(40/+50): Redeye (if you fancy it) + Gunbad weapons.
(40/+60): Conquerer, Subjugator, Genesis + Dominator* + t2/4 Scenario weapons (<lv40/45).

(40/>=50): 1st set Imperator/Overlord, RR pots.
(40/>=60): 2nd set Imperator/Overlord, RR pots.
(40/anytime): World drops + Rare Fortune.

*Note: Anni/Merc/Dominator gloves and boots can be bought from the auction house. Don't waste meds/embs on them, especially not on Dominator pieces, buy them with gold.

^ Above order of appearance in relation to how long it'll take you on average to acquire the gear if you 24/7 pug. You can acquire most of it in 1/4 of the time if you group.

Abbd.: Mind you, there are epic quests for t1 and t2, but it's a chore to find people for it, considering how quickly you ditch the gear.

Other than that: PvEPQ/RvR blue/purple bags have viable low level gear - make sure to never be more than (at the very most) 5 levels behind in gear, bolster is quite fancy if your gear matches your level.

E: Fixed a bit, added additional bits.

joaobasass

Post#5 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:57 am

Thanks for all the tips!

Will put everything to practice

Bladeheart

Post#6 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:49 pm

Please excuse the 'necro' on this thread, but is the advice given then still accurate?

Kaelang

Post#7 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:06 pm

Yes - but with additional loot sets from PvE and RvR. (Higher tier)
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Bladeheart

Post#8 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:30 pm

Thank you. :)

Ads
Suulka

Post#9 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:41 pm

Why you telling people to follow advice from a wiki that hasn't been updated since 2017?