Recent Topics

Ads

Is it possible to make characters bigger/smaller?

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
WarriorPriest

Is it possible to make characters bigger/smaller?

Post#1 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:07 pm

Hello everyone. Is it possible through coding and such to make characters bigger/smaller? For instance could my character be made the same size as the npc he is standing next to in the screenshot below?

My reasoning is, that all of the Men of the Empire (playable ones) are midgets, and it would be nice to be able to look like a champion among them so to speak. In Warhammer Fantasy Battles novels there are depictions of mighty 6'6 and 7' tall Warrior Priests like Jacob Wolff and Luthor Huss, and other heroes of the Empire are as impressive or more-so, like Ludwig Schwartzhelm, Kurt Helborg and Volkmar the Grim.

If you look at the npc in the picture he is a tall and strong looking man, but he does not have the superhuman physiology of a Warrior of Chaos or Chaos Knight, so I think it wouldn't be lore breaking to allow Men of the Empire to be somewhat taller and beefier if they so choose.

Anyway that is if it is even possible for the developers of this place to do.
Last edited by WarriorPriest on Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Dana
Former Staff

Re: Is it possible to make characters bigger/smaller?

Post#2 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:09 pm

your image did not upload.
"A danger foreseen is a danger avoided."

Dana - WE
Horsegirl - DoK

monster

Post#3 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:20 pm

Broked image.

WarriorPriest

Post#4 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:24 pm

Ah sorry, its fixed now.

monster

Post#5 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:31 pm

I'm going to give you a 99.9% on a yes, it is an option to scale the size of anything in the game. But I'm unsure if the devs would want this. It would probably be a day or two's work to add a slider and scale-up your character. It's not a bad idea, though, and makes sense that a warrior priest might be a bit more, manly, so to speak.

WarriorPriest

Post#6 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:47 pm

E'gads, if this feature could be added, then you would have my eternal loyalty and gratitude. I would be glued to this place and never log out probably.

Tesq

Post#7 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:05 am

not in theory but i'd prefer a scale over time so that lower player will be smaller than you. realy like some linked to renow gain ( at infinite) so that in a small % you can still grow ( just a stupid % like 1% every 1.000.000 renow but it will be cool) mabe with a cap at some point

Stoneking

Post#8 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:23 am

This would be very cool. especially for orcs, since in the lore they grow larger the more powerful and battle hardened they become.

Ads
madwasp

Post#9 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:49 am

+1 for this. :)

Ganelon

Post#10 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:36 pm

Stoneking wrote:This would be very cool. especially for orcs, since in the lore they grow larger the more powerful and battle hardened they become.
That is an awesome idea!
+1