Recent Topics

Ads

About dwarf beards

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
samster

About dwarf beards

Post#1 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:23 pm

Hi again.
This isn't so much of a suggestion - rather a request. I begged for this to be done on Live to no success.
Anyway, Slayers have a specific shape of beard - model 13 to be exact
^ this one. To me, it is the coolest. But it is only available to slayers, although it would look awesome on other dwarf classes too. There used to be an IB statue in Altdorf's 'hall of fame' that had that beard and a helmet like the BQ model. Looked just cool as hell.
So my request is obvious - please consider making that shape available for other classes.
That seems doable to my amateur eye, and I can't imagine how it could harm the game.

Ads
Sovurai

Re: About dwarf beards

Post#2 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:38 pm

Sounds like a perfectly reasonable request.

samster

Post#3 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:07 pm

up
pretty pretty please

Elven
Former Staff

Post#4 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:16 pm

If I recall correctly, any cosmetic adjustments would mean altering the client myp files and such.

Since it's not managed by the server, it will prove problematic.

One will have to alter the client, then that will have to function with the server. That's the easy part. Now everyone in the community will have to either download the entire client again or (and seriously doubt we would consider doing this) push a "fetch/catch" to all people who run the game, to ensure it is the correct version. If not, then push an update to alter the client.

However, I think there are more pressing issues than dwarf beards...

Telen
Suspended

Post#5 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:27 pm

If you look at the ends of the beard. Its been cut. He will have cut it when he took the slayer oath as Grimnir did before heading north to seek death in the Chaos Wastes. The other Dwarf classes would rather be dead than cut their beards.

Seems likely that is meant to be the defacto slayer beard for the rpers

Luth

Post#6 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:44 pm

A dwarf that wants to have a short beard for no reason.
Sounds like "my most precious piece" is too big, make it smaller. :lol:

Fozee

Post#7 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:53 am

Elven wrote:If I recall correctly, any cosmetic adjustments would mean altering the client myp files and such.

Since it's not managed by the server, it will prove problematic.

One will have to alter the client, then that will have to function with the server. That's the easy part. Now everyone in the community will have to either download the entire client again or (and seriously doubt we would consider doing this) push a "fetch/catch" to all people who run the game, to ensure it is the correct version. If not, then push an update to alter the client.

However, I think there are more pressing issues than dwarf beards...
This is true, although my hope for the future of the project is that the client is reverse-engineered well enough to patch the game files and get some minor updates moving. I'm sure that's pretty far away though, if it ever happens.