Recent Topics

Ads

Ironbreaker solo build

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
jafh123

Ironbreaker solo build

Post#1 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:42 am

Hello everyone!

So I'm new to this game and I'm having a lot of fun, so Thank you devs!

In every MMO I play I tend to enjoy solo roaming and duels, so I'd like to ask you guys which spec is stronger for these purpose, sword and shield or 2 handed?

Thanks for your answers!

Ads
Lileldys

Re: Ironbreaker solo build

Post#2 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:46 am

2Hander for "Cave Win" :)
Going vengeance will give you better overall damage, stuff like 10% crit, Greataxe Mastery.
Stone path is more about tanking, not very useful, but Oathbound in the tree is pretty good.
Brotherhood will give you access to an outgoing healdebuff which can help you solo healers and an aoe snare to help catch Squigs/Shamans.

greenstoned

Post#3 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:11 am

for solo roaming duel and small scale stuff i really like the brotherhood tree. the hot, while it wont save ur live in mid and large scale, in small scale its amazing. at high grudge the aoe snare lands pretty nice dmg, the absorbs isnt too bad, but ud get more out of getting the parry buff at 5 in the stone path. and then like mentioned above theres also the outgoing heal debuff

so imo., brotherhood 13 stone 5, go sword and shield but stack a decent amount of str, mostly thru talis and set bonus, rr points in block dodge disrupt and parry stuff

would give you a good mix between defense and offense
AM - Greendreams
SW - Experiment

lilsabin

Post#4 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:57 am

if u wanna solo , u are in the wrong mmorpg :)

Tarantoga

Post#5 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:04 am

lilsabin wrote:if u wanna solo , u are in the wrong mmorpg :)
why? there is plenty of solo action in this game. stop telling that to everyone who wanna play some solo

jafh123

Post#6 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:51 am

Thanks for all the replies guys!

And about the "if you want to solo don't play this MMORPG", well, I've encountered this in every MMO I've played (Age of Conan, TESO, etc) and you know what? There's always been more people looking for this kind of gameplay and we usually end up with organised dueling events and a more in depth knowledge of the class strengths and weaknesses (that you don't get when you kill people in 2vs1, 20vs2 situations).

Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy group play, and sometimes even zerging, but when I have more fun is when I test my "skills" against someone else in 1v1 or even 1vX (I know this is not Teso :p) situations, and I'm sure there are more people like me.

Also, sorry if my english is bad.

lilsabin

Post#7 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:03 pm

how do you 1 vs 1 ?

peterthepan3

Post#8 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:11 pm

lilsabin wrote:how do you 1 vs 1 ?

first step is leaving that WB, getting out of the keep, and removing all the aoe keys from your hotbar! :D

on a serious note: grumble 'n mutter is (imo) mandatory for an IB solo spec; with it, you can solo most classes in SNB (against regen tanks it will never end, and against DPS DOKs you have to time your KD and taunt with their rend souls)

Ads
saupreusse
Developer

Post#9 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:27 pm

grumble n mutter your way to victory!

jafh123

Post#10 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:00 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:
lilsabin wrote:how do you 1 vs 1 ?

first step is leaving that WB, getting out of the keep, and removing all the aoe keys from your hotbar! :D

on a serious note: grumble 'n mutter is (imo) mandatory for an IB solo spec; with it, you can solo most classes in SNB (against regen tanks it will never end, and against DPS DOKs you have to time your KD and taunt with their rend souls)

So SnB is a lot better than 2 handed?

Also, what would you recommend against squig herders that just stay out of range?

Thanks!