Duel Event: April 9, 2016 - 21:30 GMT (14:30 PST)

Get organized here and slay that monster, or challenge your enemy to an epic battle on the battlefield.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Dirtyz

Duel Event: April 9, 2016 - 21:30 GMT (14:30 PST)

Post#1 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:39 pm

Lords of Destruction and Order! I invite you to the next Domination 1v1 Event on the 9th of April at 21:00 GMT. All members of both factions are welcome of any rank in the T3 bracket including the elvish Archmages and the cowardice Shamans :twisted: ! May we drink for inevitable power!

Time and Location:
T3 Dwarf, Black Fire Pass 11.23 at 21:30 GMT (2:30pm PST) Thank you Kagaz (BO) for the taking the time to find good duelling areas :D

Original Post:
---------------------

Open for:
Any class and any rank within the t3 bracket. Even AM/Shammy are welcome :D
Rank 26-35 RR 1-40, it is recommended that you are R30+ RR35+ at least.

Rules - You are to be expected to know these rules if you decide to participate in the event

1. Contenders must /point at each other or one can pm the other if a player wants to duel another.

2. Spectators MUST stay 100ft away from contenders.

3. Before the duel, both players must stay 50ft-65ft away from each other. Both players will /bow and that will commence the duel

4. Stealth - Stealth is allowed after /bow. AoE spamming will also be allowed to rid their stealth. WH/WE can only stealth before /bow if they are duelling a RDps class.

5. If either contender receives a heal from spectators, either contender must state it and the duel will stop. AP Pots are welcome but heal pots are not.

6. Anyone who disturbs the duel is allowed to be ganked.

7. Dead players may either be ressed or released to WC

8. Only Morale 1 (M1) is allowed. Cleansing wing and Resolute are banned

9. Two duels are allowed to occur at the same time as long as they are 100ft away from the spectators and 150ft from each other but one duel at a time is preferable.

10. Lower level players can challenge anyone higher level BUT higher level players cannot challenge anyone two levels below them. (e.g. R26 can challenge a R35, a R35 can challenge a R34 but NOT a R33 and below)

This event is supposed to be fun and competitive :D Saltiness (or misbehavior) will not be tolerable. Any who commit to saltiness will be ganked but is allowed to come back if they will respectable. Tournament style Duel Events, where prizes are available, will be implemented when they're enough people and if there is an Order willing to distribute prizes (since i do not play Order at all :P ). The event will last as long as enough people are willing to duel.

For more questions and/or suggestions for the next event, please respond to this thread or mail me on my Chosen, Dirtyzcurse.

I will see you combatants soon and may the winds of magic dominate in your favor 8-)

Sincerely,
Dirtyz, Exalted

Edits
Last edited by Dirtyz on Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
Spoiler:
Dirtyzcurse Chosen - Ahznik BO - Zengis BG

Ads
Dabbart

Re: Duel Event: April 9, 2016 - 21:30 GMT (14:30 PST)

Post#2 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:05 pm

So btw, I ran into a few /bow and stealth timing issues last time out. I rarely dueled with my WH on Live, but tended to have the same issues then, was wondering if anyone had a thought.

So, issue goes like this: pointing is done, we walk to a spot and await the bowing. The timing on my stealth is imo slightly unfair if done so after my bow, and just plain irritating if after theirs(for RDPS or some other clever people.) Also, I at least was experiencing a bit of lag when it started to fill up, and my chat entries where significantly delayed, so I ended up stealthing before bowing, and even got almost entirely blown apart before I ever saw their /bow enter. Lag is obviously my problem, but anyone have any experience dealing with the timing on stealth entrance?

Imo, for duels, whomever was the first to /Point or call the other person out, should /bow first, and allow the opponent the chance for the first shot. But movement, setting up ability chains, etc can be difficult NOT to do in a duel sometimes. Especially when we have 15 fights going on, and I see 6 /bow's entering chat.

Has anyone tried a 3rd man start? 2 people pick and decide to fight, go into the fight area, a third person calls out "This duel starts in 3" "2" "1" and on 1 the fight starts. Never seen that or anything really similar. If we bribed a lowbie healer to help us, this could help solve the rezz issues also.

Last point, 2. Spectators MUST stay 100ft away from contenders. Is hard. Those that where simply watching seemed good about staying back, but those whom wanted to duel obviously wanted to be seen and therefore tended to be congregating around the fights, and once multiple duels started at a time, it just got crazy. But most definitely. I do NOT want to have to chase a Sh down amongst the participants as well as over logs and around trees. It's hard enough damnit.

Possible solution, have a seperate "fight finder" area. Also, dessie and order don't need to be totally seperated while watching guys. I know that it's RvR and whatnot, but if everyone from all sides just spectated in the same general area, it would help to keep the dueling ground less cluttered as well.

Looking forward to it. Just hope I can get my KoTBS geared enough for it as well... I was ever so slightly squishy last time...
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Dirtyz

Post#3 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:13 am

Made the edits to make it fair when a WH/WE duels a RDps class
Spoiler:

Scrilian

Post#4 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:29 am

Dirtyz wrote:AP Pots are welcome but heal pots are not
I call this RDPS-biased :|
Вальтер Рыжий RU => Gaziraga BW, Valefar WL, Lovejoy
Retired
ex-Greenfire/Invasion RvR leader
Wonderful RvR music videos ;)

Dirtyz

Post#5 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:52 pm

Scrilian wrote:
Dirtyz wrote:AP Pots are welcome but heal pots are not
I call this RDPS-biased :|
Lol if i was a RDps then yes it would be biased, but any class can of use of them no matter what circumstance. Btw, i am play 2h Chosen
Spoiler:

Glorian

Post#6 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:19 pm

Sadly can't attend due to being at the dungeonbowl tournament in germany.
But happy slaying. :)

Dirtyz

Post#7 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:18 pm

Aww was hoping to see some German Dwarves :3 all good though, gl at the dungeonbowl tourney :D
Spoiler:

peterthepan3

Post#8 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:21 pm

Looking forward to it. However , if it is a tourney as such I don't agree with DPS AMs/Shammies being allowed to take part at this level.

Ads
Morf

Post#9 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:23 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:Looking forward to it. However , if it is a tourney as such I don't agree with DPS AMs/Shammies being allowed to take part at this level.
Dps shaman/am shouldnt be allowed at any level, unless they agree to go nekid :D
Morfee - Shaman / Mynnos - Kotbs / Grubod - Black Orc / Snubz - Squig Herder

peterthepan3

Post#10 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:27 pm

Nice duels. Shout out to that DPS AM Allariel who died to a Magus and had to use a health pot:)