Recent Topics

Ads

[WL] tactics

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Kazekiri

[WL] tactics

Post#1 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:01 pm

Heya

Wondering myself which tactics are the best:
Brute Force (128str)
Pack Hunting (50aa speed)
Pack Synergy (50% crit bonus +pet)
Flanking (15% dmg side back)
Lion's Heart

Obviously Pack Synergy is mandatory, we got 2 free slot left, I think PH is overall better than the rest and Im confuse between brute force and flanking for the last one tbh. Or we can slot both flanking and brute over PH...

What do you think ?

Ads
Gobtar

Re: WL tactics

Post#2 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:38 pm

Kazekiri wrote:Heya

Wondering myself which tactics are the best:
Brute Force (128str)
Pack Hunting (50aa speed)
Pack Synergy (50% crit bonus +pet)
Flanking (15% dmg side back)
Lion's Heart

Obviously Pack Synergy is mandatory, we got 2 free slot left, I think PH is overall better than the rest and Im confuse between brute force and flanking for the last one tbh. Or we can slot both flanking and brute over PH...

What do you think ?
You can definately play around with this, if your positioning is really good you can do PS + Flanking + Pack Hunting. Has probably the best sustained damage. PS+BF+PH is good if your positioning / server connection isn't as good. and PS BF + Flanking has the highest burst potential (I would run this).

I have to run the numbers but BF is about a 7% DPS increase where Flanking is obviously 15%. both of these are before crit modifiers so if you have both you are sitting pretty at +22% damage increase before critting add in Primal Fury and you are spiking ungodly crit numbers.

I would run this in T3 for maximum damage potential.

http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=wl; ... 2:;0:0:0:0:

I have the option @ RR40 to switch my tactics depending on the situation (Roaming/ SC/ Solo), I would hold off on PH until then.

Kazekiri

Post#3 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:11 am

you say BF is 7% dps, but it increase also the pet's dps.
Also Flanking 15% but it's not 100% of the time, even if you're very good at positionning.
and do you know how much %dmg about PH? with a 58-60 dps weapon, I heard about 30% dps
Also when you got a SM with ww in your party, does Lion Heart become overall better than Brute force and Flanking and PH?

Do you have an addon to count the dps, i need to make test because all theses possibilities are really confusing

Azarael

Post#4 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:12 am

Brute Force does not affect the pet's DPS. None of the tactics that the WL is running affect the pet unless they explicitly say they do or their effect is transferred via a Training buff.

Kazekiri

Post#5 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:25 pm

Well that's what I mean, BF increase pet's dmg because the pet will get +130 str if trained to kill, and +65 if trained to hunt, if i'm not mistaken

kryss

Post#6 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:57 pm

Lionheart might be tempting, but probably not at lvl 32. Maybe in a Hunter-Guardian spec at RR60+, which is the thing I really want to try.

The spec I'm running with atm is
http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=wl; ... 8:;0:0:0:0:

Primal Fury is interesting ofc, but with the CD and all I prefer to have a more consistent debuff from FO. Whirling axe is just a try, but with full deva and many attacks you can take some chunks of AP from people during sieges. Since I like group play with my guild, it can work in some situations (definitely not from 33+)

Lithenir

Post#7 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:21 pm

kryss wrote:Lionheart might be tempting, but probably not at lvl 32. Maybe in a Hunter-Guardian spec at RR60+, which is the thing I really want to try.
http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=wl; ... 6:;0:0:0:0:

This was the spec i ran from rr80-100 on live and it is really fun. Nobody things about the opportunity that the pet KD's them :D Ofc it is a really good spec specially for running alone or killing softies - which is the thing a WL is made for.