Recent Topics

Ads

[Knight of the Blazing Sun] Tactics, Builds, Strategies

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Nishka
Suspended

[Knight of the Blazing Sun] Tactics, Builds, Strategies

Post#1 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:02 pm

Here we go.
Let's start with auras. What are you favorite, guys?
I like On Your Guard, Stand Strong and Gather Your resolve.
Though some time ago I was proved that OYG isn't very good, so I use it only against melees train with little to no magic users. Then I change GYR for it. Overwise I use Stay Foced. It's good aura that allows you to stay alive a bit more and hold the line longer.
I don't see much point in taking To Victory or to Glory and Now's Our Chance while providing a small healdebuff, requires you to stay very close to enemy healer(s), 30ft. Which isn't always possible.
"Well, once there was only chaos. You ask me, order's winning". - Grandmaster Siegfried Trappenfeld

Ads
Toldavf

Re: [Knight of the Blazing Sun] Tactics, Builds, Strategies

Post#2 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:31 pm

Str, tough, resist its just a good combo.
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

Tklees

Post#3 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:57 pm

Toldavf wrote:Str, tough, resist its just a good combo.
Yes but in a group with a RP or AM you either get the resists or the str buff. So the AP regen one is nice IMO.
Tklees Chatoullier
Gagirbinn

Toldavf

Post#4 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:15 pm

Tklees wrote:
Yes but in a group with a RP or AM you either get the resists or the str buff. So the AP regen one is nice IMO.
knights is larger, provides a debuff and cant be removed. So in general its universally useful regardless of group comp.

Halhammer

Post#5 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:25 pm

Toughness, resists and AP/health regen is the default for PvP yea. Swap one of them with strength or OYG if need be.
I don't recall that tbh but apparently AM res buff stacked back on live.
Halhammer - Gundoom - Vewywong et al. of DoE

Tklees

Post#6 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:27 pm

Toldavf wrote:
Tklees wrote:
knights is larger, provides a debuff and cant be removed. So in general its universally useful regardless of group comp.
I'm aware of all of those things. Just stating an option that wasn't presented. The AP regen aura is the only one aside from the the basic three I'd run and only if the buffs were present.
Tklees Chatoullier
Gagirbinn

Valnak

Post#7 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:22 pm

Standard PvP +20% spec:

http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=kot ... 077:3087:0:

3rd tactic is rugged, runefang or spec for slice through (Conquest Tree) for aoe snare.

Auto include auras are Strength (Press the Attack!) and Resist (Gather Your Resolve!) with the typical third being Toughness (Stand Strong!). Optional is to swap out the toughness aura for the +AP aura (To Glory!).

Explanation: Strength aura gives +10% crit so it's required. Resist aura is the best aura you have. It's slightly worse than a resist pot if you don't spec any into the tree so it enables your group to run armor pots, which allows your WP to run the damage aura which is nice.

OYG was considered useless when staggers were being used, now that staggers from KoTBS are almost useless it's allowable but still worse than the other options. Fantastic PvE ability.

All out Assault (damage pulse aura) is ORvR zerging only, providing fluff damage. For that it is the 4th best aura you can run, after Res/Str/Tough, assuming no tactics are used besides Encouraged Aim. Fantastic renown whoring and PvE ability.

Stay Focused! (tiny hot + ap regen on defend) is a really bad aura unless combined with the tactic (Focused mending, Glory Tree) to enable +15% healing, then it's an amazing aura.
Tury06 wrote:I agree about premade doesnt require skill at all
This is 2016. Why do the devs allow the magus to continue to be overpowered?

Nishka
Suspended

Post#8 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:54 pm

Oh yes the stagger... 3 sec from 8 was an overkill. But I'd imagine the level of destro whine if kotbses would get a viable stagger again.
Stay focused isn't that bad at all.
"Well, once there was only chaos. You ask me, order's winning". - Grandmaster Siegfried Trappenfeld

Ads
Valnak

Post#9 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:00 pm

Nishka wrote:Oh yes the stagger... 3 sec from 8 was an overkill. But I'd imagine the level of destro whine if kotbses would get a viable stagger again.
Stay Focused ticks for about 30. It is easily the worst aura Knights have if it does not have the tactic.

Ap issues are easily solved just by using Perseverance.
Tury06 wrote:I agree about premade doesnt require skill at all
This is 2016. Why do the devs allow the magus to continue to be overpowered?

Toldavf

Post#10 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:05 pm

Nishka wrote:Oh yes the stagger... 3 sec from 8 was an overkill. But I'd imagine the level of destro whine if kotbses would get a viable stagger again.
Actually as both sides will have the same its order who will suffer in this case.