Recent Topics

Ads

[Archmage] Funnel Essence/Healing Energy

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
noisestorm

[Archmage] Funnel Essence/Healing Energy

Post#1 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:52 pm

Since i was playing a lot of Shaman lately i just felt the disturbing difference when i tried back on my AM.
I'll keep it short and without a lot of explanation but:

What would you guys (especially Aza-senpai) think about making Funnel Essence be castable while moving like all melee channelings work atm. I just dont think the AP advantage of the AM compansates fully for the Shamans kiteability. Especially not since Shamies back on live got the Desperation tactic from AM mirrored (I also believe they didnt have the 10% healcrit from the start), basically buffing his healoutput, while keeping his movement and giving the AM nothing in return. FE compared to its 'mirror' skill has still a mediocre CD (13seconds), is a vulnerable channelheal(3second casttime) and needs you to be standing still on top of it. Personally i would trade the extra toughness hot EVERY day, but giving FE no static restriction would be greatly appreciated form my side (and most likely every heal-AM too). Thoughts?
Last edited by noisestorm on Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Scrilian

Re: [Archmage] Funnel Essence

Post#2 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:02 pm

Actually good idea, wont hurt that much, but I highly doubt it will go though for some obvious reasons.
Spoiler:
Order bias clearly, strong ability on the strong class, dps AMs, shatter limbs, 20% kotbs crit and pounce :mrgreen:
Вальтер Рыжий RU => Gaziraga BW, Valefar WL, Lovejoy
Retired
ex-Greenfire/Invasion RvR leader
Wonderful RvR music videos ;)

daniilpb

Post#3 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:05 pm

Spoiler:
people here hate classes which were "gimps" or sick at live server so I think none will agree with you
This is not a bad or gamebreaking suggestion since AM<RP<WP as heal. It will helps a bit.
But you know... nothing will really change
<Fusion>
Riphael - Black Guard.
Meridin - Sorcerer.
<FusionII>
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Arfi - Swordmaster.
Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage

Tesq

Post#4 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:30 pm

it was suggested by a lot of ppl but never done, i think too would make the am more dynamic, help him with the lack of self defense and the long cast time.

But shammy should also recive something in return too imo , but i agree on the change to the channeling.

"usable while moving + cd increase to 15 seconds ( 15 sec are effective/ start when channeling end)"
Last edited by Tesq on Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sulorie

Post#5 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:43 pm

Dps shamans would need something in return as their mobility aspect is crosslinked with heal am.

Furthermore I don't think it will solve the problem. Being able to move is one thing, being able to do anything else between big heal casts is the other.

The only advantage of the channel heal is the first tick being instant. The heal value is average for the time consumed.
Long cast times make it nessessary to heal proactively. Shamans are doing so by stacking hots so have some buffer until their direct heal spells hit their target.

I would change Funnel Essence into a strong short time hot, like 3 sec with a tick each second and give it a noticeable cooldown.
Last edited by Sulorie on Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dying is no option.

noisestorm

Post#6 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:53 pm

Sulorie wrote:Dps shamans would need something in return as their mobility aspect is crosslinked with heal am.
dont pull the Tesq man!

Tesq

Post#7 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:08 pm

he dont need to pulll nothing as i have no other suggestion, appart that i prefer the channeling remain that way, more than being changed to a hot, cos it's cooler.
Last edited by Tesq on Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sulorie

Post#8 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:09 pm

Edited the above post.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Toldavf

Post#9 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:24 pm

Could test it I guess. This could be a rather large amount of highly mobile healing however.

I don't know how to feel about this *sits on the fence*
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

noisestorm

Post#10 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:51 pm

Sulorie wrote: I would change Funnel Essence into a strong short time hot, like 3 sec with a tick each second and give it a noticeable cooldown.
Doesnt sound unreasonable either, but that is exactly the type of change that aza does not want to make until we can modify the client itself (to represent tooltips and let the client know what to expect). removing the condition of the spell (of having to stand still) on the other hand would be a fairly simple task and also it's easy to see how it works out without modifying the kit of the AM too heavily.