Recent Topics

Ads

Potions- stacking elemental resists

Let's talk about... everything else
vove

Potions- stacking elemental resists

Post#1 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:19 pm

What's the deal with stacking elemental resists? I often see people in sc who have 4 buffs with ele resist, 2 buffs with something like 214 ele resist and 2 buffs with something like 190. I guess the buffs are from potions. Is this even legit?

Ads
Genisaurus
Former Staff

Re: Potions- stacking elemental resists

Post#2 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:27 pm

1. AMs, Shamans, Runepriests and Zealots all get abilitites that buff all resistances. Engineers get an ability to buff Elemental resistance specifically.
2. Black Orcs have a War Bellow that buffs their group's resistances against a damage type they're hit with.

etc. With rare exception, most of them do not stack - only the highest value is applied. There may be a distinction between abilities that only buff one resist type versus those that buff all resists., but even if those do stack, resists face sharply diminishing returns after 40% mitigation.

vove

Post#3 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:51 pm

No, you didn't understand me. I mean having 4 buffs with same icon, all giving boost to ele resist, most probably it's potions. 2 of the buffs are always around 214 ele res and the other two 190 ele res (don't remember exact amount). Saw three people today in different sc groups having them.

Genisaurus
Former Staff

Post#4 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:54 pm

Screenshot and bugtracker it then.

Valnak

Post#5 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:07 pm

There's a pretty common bug where debuffs/buffs do not go away.

At least, I don't think every DoK and WP has 200 guards.
Tury06 wrote:I agree about premade doesnt require skill at all
This is 2016. Why do the devs allow the magus to continue to be overpowered?