Recent Topics

Ads

Why all the PvE hate?

Let's talk about... everything else
Coryphaus

Re: Why all the PvE hate?

Post#61 » Wed May 27, 2015 2:31 am

drmordread wrote:Where are you going to get the items needed to make armor pots? Or to make Talismans? PvE is the only place.
Id live on because twinking is **** lame and fights should be about team work, stratgy and out playing your opponent and not who's the richer git with all the talli's and pots

Ads
magter3001

Post#62 » Wed May 27, 2015 2:54 am

Coryphaus wrote:
drmordread wrote:Where are you going to get the items needed to make armor pots? Or to make Talismans? PvE is the only place.
Id live on because twinking is **** lame and fights should be about team work, stratgy and out playing your opponent and not who's the richer git with all the talli's and pots
Well I'll tell you from my perspective. I liked farming/grinding for mats to make potions because it was 1, a distraction from RvR and 2, it gave me monies to buy gear, other potions I hadn't access to, or talismans I couldn't get lucky enough to make. An hour of farming would set me up for a month of play time even with all my alts. Also most people used potions and talismans as well, it's not like people didn't have access to them.

A person could spent an hour doing scenarios and getting arpeez to get a higher RR, or they could spent an hour farming some mobs. Also it took a little extra while to level up those tradeskills like scavenging or butchering and you need rank 200 to get the most out of npcs.

Your opinion clearly differs but I just wanted to share my point of view, nothing more. ;)
Agrot 35/40 Aggychopp 32/40
Grelin of Magnus/Badlands ;)

lilsabin

Post#63 » Wed May 27, 2015 3:49 am

lol , we want to be able to go dungeon with our friends :P

Sulorie

Post#64 » Wed May 27, 2015 4:16 am

People complain about crafting, when they could farm 1 hour and play 50+ hours with crafted potions...
Dying is no option.

Morf

Post#65 » Wed May 27, 2015 12:28 pm

frenchfrank wrote:This thread has been informative and I've now uninstalled WAR since I know this game is never going to go in the direction I hoped it would. Devs, gj for your hardwork and I wish you all the best, but WAR without the pve is not interesting to me or my friends I was hoping to bring into the game.

WAR isnt pure RVR however much some people might wish it. Why even bother with the mmo aspect if you all you want is just Warhammer Online Wrath of Heroes? Back when I played I spend 50-50 of my time split equally between RvR and PvE because the PvE can be fun, exploring the Warhammer World, following the storyline and quests was fun, however much some of the dev team might believe otherwise. War with just the RvR is half the game it was and just RvR all the time is friggin boring, I'd have liked to go on quests and even do some pqs (they were quite cool, dunno why some people hate them tbh).

I've been acting as a scout for my friends and they have been asking me, when is the pve coming? These guys never played WAR before, they need and expect to have quest lines and stories to ease them before they dive into the rvr, especially as a few of them come from WoW and are warhammer novices, they know little of the world and right now the game is catering pretty exclusively to old hand pvp die hards and little else.

As it stands without quests and having just a dull lifeless world outside the RvR areas means I've been telling my friends not to bother yet, they simply wouldn't have fun with the game now and without being eased into RvR they won't have any fun. It seems I can tell them to forgot about WAR full stop, doesn't matter how good you get the RvR working again, without the PvE this game is just too much of a 1 trick pony.

Best of luck with everything!
I agree with ya you need pve in war and its sad to see u uninstall as pve seems to be put on the back burner at the moment which is justified as war especially towards the end times was about pvp, that being said hopefuly when tier 2 has arrived the devs can show some love to public quests and pve, hunters vale mayb ? dont give up yet, im sure when the server and development is further down the line you will be able to enjoy the pve here.
Morfee - Shaman / Mynnos - Kotbs / Grubod - Black Orc / Snubz - Squig Herder

Gorwe

Post#66 » Wed May 27, 2015 3:20 pm

Azarael wrote:
frenchfrank wrote:When really it isn't, the devs don't want to include it and believe it is superfluous
On the one day I choose to remove "Posts represent my own opinion unless otherwise stated"...

Can you name another developer, besides me, who you believe subscribes to this mindset? Because me posting an opinion is not a free pass for you to decide that the development team, as a whole, don't like PvE and don't intend to replicate it.

It's about priorities. You don't know anything at all about our decisions and goals, so please, stop acting as if you do. I happen to agree that an MMO without PvE is just a poor man's MOBA.
Now you understand Az why devs don't like to talk that much with their playerbase ;) .

Damned if you do/damned if you don't!

Gorwe

Post#67 » Wed May 27, 2015 3:40 pm

frenchfrank wrote:I'm a bit confused, it's the vibe I've gotten when browsing the forum so am now rolling with it.
As for other devs, I don't make it a habit to write down names. I'll have forgotten your own name once this conversation is done.

Is PvE on the plans or not then? You've already given me a good technical reason that PvE is pretty much impossible, coupled with the forums overwhelming distaste for PvE, you can see why I've come to the conclusion I've come to.

Please do correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not acting like I'm psychic and read your minds, I'm just basing of what I've read which has been pretty much universal when it comes to the PvE: it's technically unfeasible or so difficult to do that it won't be bothered with and most people don't even want it or view it as pointless.
First of all, there are priorities. Second of all, there are limited resources. Resources that need to be spent in ORDER, that is there is a PRIORITY. Because if you go in the wrong order, the sacred resources and time will be spent in the wrong order, thusly leading to untimely demise of RoR. The core of playerbase needs to be here because if not...what is the point? And the core playerbase/fanbase of WAR is RvR based. From that point, we can expand onto PvE and other play styles. It's how business works, sorry.

And you don't have to worry. I'll be always here to remind them of PvE. Trust me, they'll do it. Maybe not in entirety or in the near future, but it'll be done. You have my word. We...cut the crap, I* NEED a Warhammer Fantasy RPG experience.

edit: also, do ignore other people! The only important people are guys like Az. In other words, devs. And their word >>> whatever anyone else says.

navis

Post#68 » Wed May 27, 2015 8:05 pm

Another thing that really sux about PvE... The way they tried (and succeeded) to put PvE stuff into PvP and RvR, and pretty much missed that target by a barns width.

Still evident by the useless quest NPC's (believe it) right out there in the lakes.. I had a huge dislike for this, although all the quests you received from the Warcamps were fine. Those BO NPC's quests were wrong, and "activities" out there in the lakes should have been a part of some sort of PvP PQ.

Requiring PQ to earn VP was a big mistake and one most people didn't forget. Probably the biggest reason why people still hate PvE to this day.

I was fine with the PvE style encounters in endgame and I think if it were possible the game should have them as optional encounters... I'm dreaming now.

Ads
Azarael

Post#69 » Wed May 27, 2015 8:07 pm

Gorwe wrote:Now you understand Az why devs don't like to talk that much with their playerbase ;) .

Damned if you do/damned if you don't!
Sure. This isn't the first time I've been in this position, though - I know that one has to take the good with the bad. :)

drmordread
Suspended

Post#70 » Wed May 27, 2015 11:36 pm

Coryphaus wrote:
Using pots and talis is being a twink? LOL.... No one and I mean NO ONE in t4 had armor and weapons without talis. That is what they are there for. To customize your own play style. Either by adding more Deff or more Off or resistances. Swearing off talies is stupid and basically saying you cant be bothered to think outside of the cookie cutter mold. If you had it your way everyone playing dps would have same stats. Meaning if I wanted to play a DEFF spec I could not, or If I wanted to load up on crit on could not.

As for pots... duhhhh you dont pot to heal? Bet healers HATE you!
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)