Recent Topics

Ads

[Disciple of Khaine] Terrifying Aura

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
snowfox1

Re: [Disciple of Khaine] Terrifying Aura

Post#31 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:12 pm

You sir are a scholar and a gentleman, that tactic should never have been in the torture tree.

Ads
snowfox1

Post#32 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:24 pm

Renork wrote:@ above poster, 1) wall of text 2) wut? "DPS" glass cannon doks melted in t4 (especially after r100 was introduced). I don't foresee you soloing 8-12 people as that would be beyond impossible (no lotd here). Talk about major exaggeration, holy **** lol
Hallu was arguably the best DoK in the game (that's an easy argument as well)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2G2m0jQbJE

I'm not saying that Sac was never used, it was just never used widely and certainly never used by the best DoKs in the game. As for the 8-12 people mark, take a look starting at the 5:48 mark of the video. This type of thing was commonplace.

sorry for the wall of text.

snowfox1

Post#33 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:35 pm

Penril wrote:Pretty sure most "DPS" doks had more points in Sacrifice than on Torture. Most of the Doks i knew of would go for Pillage Essence instead of Wracking Agony. In other words, most of the amazing Torture Doks you remember were actually Sacrifice Doks.
Going back to Hallu, again probably the best/most feared DoK in the game. Take a look at his bar and tell me what tree they come from (hint, do I actually see the WA icon at the top of his bar).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbOEjghyCLg

This was the most common DPS DoK build at 40/40, it varied after that

http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=dok ... 4984:4994:
Penril wrote:We don't care if melee healing wasn't viable on live; the point here is to MAKE it viable.
I have no problem with this and think it would be cool if it was made viable, just saying it's not right now and never has been. Not that it can't be.

Renork

Post#34 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:39 pm

A video of a dok soloing people. Wow, super impressive. Definitely is all you need to prove a point. Well done. Much love.

panakon1

Post#35 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:43 pm

I dont get it. Why do DoKs have more parry than WPs ? Considering that a WP can use sigmar's vision. They also have access to more deffensive tactics like Emperor's ward instead of that useless bathing in blood. I think its far to give both of them AOE detaunt when they go melee. It wont overpower them as it comes to other MPDS because they lack CC, debuffs , dps and a way to replenish AP .

snowfox1

Post#36 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:47 pm

I'm sorry, you just said it couldn't be done and was impossible. Sorry, you stated "beyond impossible". I just wanted to show you it was not only done and not impossible but very possible and factual. I'm not sure you have a handle on how extreme Torture DoKs can be.

I'm not trying to be offensive so please don't take it that way, I just want everyone (read as the folks in charge of balancing the game) to have a clear understanding of what a DoK can and can't do. I just was getting the impression that most folks really don't have a good grasp on this from reading the posts. If you give those DoKs a free 30' detaunt ability, you could very well kill the game as they will be almost unstoppable even by premades.

Penril

Post#37 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:53 pm

snowfox1 wrote:
Penril wrote:Pretty sure most "DPS" doks had more points in Sacrifice than on Torture. Most of the Doks i knew of would go for Pillage Essence instead of Wracking Agony. In other words, most of the amazing Torture Doks you remember were actually Sacrifice Doks.
Going back to Hallu, again probably the best/most feared DoK in the game. Take a look at his bar and tell me what tree they come from (hint, do I actually see the WA icon at the top of his bar).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbOEjghyCLg

This was the most common DPS DoK build at 40/40, it varied after that
Those are just your opinions. Oh, and any decent premade would stomp a solo Dok in seconds, free AoE detaunt or not.

Anyway, there is nothing to discuss here. Pretty sure devs won't give DPS Doks a free AoE detaunt.

Renork

Post#38 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:55 pm

Game is not balanced on 1vs1 fights. We all know that dps healers are powerful in that area. Some people play better than others, those 8 players didn't lose because of the dok being this "godly" creature of outer space, they lost because they probably thought "lol solo dok, 1111111111111" oh he didn't die omg omg omg. You truly have to be horrifically bad to lose a 8v1. No excuse.

Ads
snowfox1

Post#39 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:55 pm

That is true Penril, these are my opinions. I can't produce anything factual to back that up

snowfox1

Post#40 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:57 pm

Renork wrote:Game is not balanced on 1vs1 fights. We all know that dps healers are powerful in that area. Some people play better than others, those 8 players didn't lose because of the dok being this "godly" creature of outer space, they lost because they probably thought "lol solo dok, 1111111111111" oh he didn't die omg omg omg. You truly have to be horrifically bad to lose a 8v1. No excuse.

Ren, I'm not trying to change your mind. It is clearly set and arguing semantics on here doesn't really accomplish anything. As long as a free AOE detaunt isn't given I'm good.