Recent Topics

Ads

[Knight of the Blazing Sun] Tactics, Builds, Strategies

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Ninepaces

Re: [Knight of the Blazing Sun] Tactics, Builds, Strategies

Post#121 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:05 pm

th3gatekeeper wrote:chosen>kotbs
Very interesting, I also did the same and felt kotbs was "embarrassingly stronger".

20% crit is such a massive bonus it can be the "only thing" a knight has over a chosen and still be much stronger.

What chosen has is crip strikes and destined for victory. And even then cripp strikes has an activator problem because chosen need shields in orvr and lose out on rending blade as a result. The other stuff you mentioned are not really important. Damage type is negligible because your job isnt damage anyways. Tooth and Shining blade give non physical damage types so both classes benefit equally there. Suppression vs Shield rush is a tie because guard dmg isnt the only type of dmg you take and you need that block % to limit area/direct hits.

What you are correct on is that knights shouldnt ever go 2h. Chosen probably not either except in SC maybe.
edit: forgot you need block to proc destined for victory, so there is even less reason to go 2h on chosen. destined for victory is very very good, allowing rapid use of chosen's strong morales. id say its the best thing chosen has.

Wtf is this "guard bot" nonsense? You have still have to do your job as a tank... actively cc-ing and doing other tank things. If you think your job is the put on auras and guard on a dps and try to mash people down with ravage or knight abilties you are hopeless beyond salvation.

If you want to be the star of the show with l33t dmg why did you pick a support archetype and not a damage class?
Last edited by Ninepaces on Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Toldavf

Post#122 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:19 pm

Ninepaces wrote:
th3gatekeeper wrote:chosen>kotbs
Very interesting, I also did the same and felt kotbs was "embarrassingly stronger".

20% crit is such a massive bonus it can be the "only thing" a knight has over a chosen and still be much stronger.

What chosen has is crip strikes and destined for victory. And even then cripp strikes has an activator problem because chosen need shields in orvr and lose out on rending blade as a result. The other stuff you mentioned are not really important. Damage type is negligible because your job isnt damage anyways. Tooth and Shining blade give non physical damage types so both classes benefit equally there. Suppression vs Shield rush is a tie because guard dmg isnt the only type of dmg you take and you need that block % to limit area/direct hits.

What you are correct on is that knights shouldnt ever go 2h. Chosen probably not either except in SC maybe.

Wtf is this "guard bot" nonsense? You have still have to do your job as a tank... actively cc-ing and doing other tank things. If you think your job is the put on auras and guard on a dps and try to mash people down with ravage or knight abilties you are hopeless beyond salvation.

If you want to be the star of the show with l33t dmg why did you pick a support archetype and not a damage class?
The post of a tank that appears to know his stuff.
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

th3gatekeeper

Post#123 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:58 pm

Asherdoom wrote:so in theory a KOTBS 2handed should go glory path right? so far i am testing vengance path and i find myself in good situation in both aoe or single target.

thi is what i am running so fr:
http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=kot ... ;;;0:0:0:0:

the only defect of this spec is that if someone got heal focus you are hitting just a dummy nothing more.... in 1v1 i pretty much nuked down all melee dps. casters and heaers, if interrupted correctly, pop like pop corns. Tanks should be ignored for life.
Dont go 2H, its a waste. Even if you wanna "DPS" go SnB. Period. The added damage you get will be NOTHING compared to what you lose with SnB.
Sulfuras - Knight
Viskag - Chosen
Ashkandi - Swordmaster
Syzzle - Bright Wizard
Curz - Marauder
Andrithil - Blackguard

TenTonHammer

Post#124 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:50 pm

If you have a bo in your party spamming out big swig its easy to proc iniative steal and then crit a target

DirkDaring

Post#125 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:41 am

Gonna have to test again, but while you lose the ability to proc Crippling strikes with Rend by going S+B

It does proc off of Blast wave, and I believe Quake, so while the nerf to Quake was a bit too much I think, 5 sec would be about right , if crippling procs off Quake then other than tossing out free CC immunity you could apply it that way, and with Blast wave and stil use a Shield .

Gerv
Banned

Post#126 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:23 pm

what are gear / stats are people heading for when running a 2hd dps Knight. I ask because we sometimes have 2 Knights and no need to double SnB.
Sia - DoK - Lords
Boyd - WP - O.S.

Soulcheg

Post#127 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:10 pm

Duelist + str tali. parry + str for rr points.
[RU]GreenFire. //Grimward/Albiona/Edwin/many others

Tiggo
Former Staff

Post#128 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:14 pm

th3gatekeeper wrote:
Asherdoom wrote:so in theory a KOTBS 2handed should go glory path right? so far i am testing vengance path and i find myself in good situation in both aoe or single target.

thi is what i am running so fr:
http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=kot ... ;;;0:0:0:0:

the only defect of this spec is that if someone got heal focus you are hitting just a dummy nothing more.... in 1v1 i pretty much nuked down all melee dps. casters and heaers, if interrupted correctly, pop like pop corns. Tanks should be ignored for life.
Dont go 2H, its a waste. Even if you wanna "DPS" go SnB. Period. The added damage you get will be NOTHING compared to what you lose with SnB.
though with t4/40 2h could be interesting for the ae wounds debuff.
- Martock - Tiggo - Antigonos - Mago - Hamilkar - Melquart
- Smooshie (Destro)

Ads
Tiggo
Former Staff

Post#129 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:17 pm

Soulcheg wrote:Duelist + str tali. parry + str for rr points.

parry & melee crit.

you get enough str through runefang and ec (1000 str with both on). you might even think of switching to some ws.

my base str with str aura is 720, full duelist all with str. talis no rr in str.
- Martock - Tiggo - Antigonos - Mago - Hamilkar - Melquart
- Smooshie (Destro)

th3gatekeeper

Post#130 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:41 pm

Tiggo wrote:
Soulcheg wrote:Duelist + str tali. parry + str for rr points.

parry & melee crit.

you get enough str through runefang and ec (1000 str with both on). you might even think of switching to some ws.

my base str with str aura is 720, full duelist all with str. talis no rr in str.
Id still suggest this as a massive waste of time.

Even with two knights, you can each spec further into tress, split up auras, etc. Even @ 40, the wounds debuff is good, however there are other classes that have wounds debuffs.

If you go 2H, you cant get dirty tricks, which is huge... Even if you wanna go 2H for that wounds debuff (@ 40) your still probably better off just stacking defensive stats like Parry/Dsirupt/toughness etc.

You have plenty of things to do, other than try to increase your DPS. If they ever made Focused Assault a 25% damage boost, but require a 2H weapon, well then you might be a decent candidate for a 2H hybrid.

FYI @ Ninepaces my previous post was looking through the lens of a 2H Tank class. The Chosen hands down > Knight. However for SnB spec, its a tough calll with DfV giving so much morale for M4s come T4.

Anyways, dont try and spec a "damage Knight" I tried, went full duelist, STR stacking, Parry stacking, Boundless 2h etc etc. The damage is just crap even when you have runefang + M2 up. See my video on the previous page if you dont believe me.

If you wanna use a 2h, I would still encourage you to stack Parry/Disrupt and then use 5/5 Dev set. If you wanna throw on STR talis, go for it, but you still wanna be as tanky as possible so you dont take attention from a healer who is spamming a MDPS you are guarding who can deal double your damage AND its AoE.

I know its not "sexy" but its much better for your party being able to take a beating, ESPECIALLY on Order where tanks are few and far between. Seems Destro enjoys SnB more, most order seem to like to be a DPS tank / DPS AMs which is why you end up with such lopsided games where most of the time Ill see destro having a healthy mix of all classes.

EDIT: This gets into the entire thread about 2H tanks and trying to increase their viability. Currently a 2h tank doesnt ADD anything a SnB tank cant do better. The minor (and yes I mean minor) DPS increase you will have over other tanks is drowned out by how much more squishy you are, and require more baby sitting. Not to mention its a HUGE distraction from your primary roll of buff/debuff/disrupt/control/guard etc.

If 2H tanks were given some sort of "hold the line" equivalent but for 2Hs and POSSIBLE (I know this is met with flame but I still think it should happen) having Focused Offense merely require a 2H and then increase damage by 25% - making it require a 2H is ALREADY a "loss" of tankiness since you cant use a Shield. Then you can use this tactic to boost damage further enabling you to stack STR and be an offensive threat.
Sulfuras - Knight
Viskag - Chosen
Ashkandi - Swordmaster
Syzzle - Bright Wizard
Curz - Marauder
Andrithil - Blackguard