Recent Topics

Ads

[Archmage] A minor tweak - AP drain

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Sigimund

Re: [Archmage] A minor tweak - AP drain

Post#11 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:43 am

Gachimuchi wrote:
Sigimund wrote:At the moment you are out 50AP if it gets cleansed or disrupted/blocked. If it was cheaper or ticked at 0 seconds it would be a lot safer to use.

At the moment the AP costs of abilities cannot be edited though.
Its a great ability and works fine for me, mine never gets blocked because I'm I don't use it on tanks facing me with HTL up.

L2P issue
I included block for thoroughness. What about disrupt and cleanse?

Squigs are useful but not reliable, especially since my fellow players like to kill them.

Ads
Toldavf

Post#12 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:57 am

I think this skill works fine as is its a big drain and I hate having it put on me when I'm paying DPS you run out of steam so quickly.

As an aside all healers bar 1 have at least 2 ways to gain AP\reasources with the exception of zealot.
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

Gachimuchi

Post#13 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:14 am

Sigimund wrote:I included block for thoroughness. What about disrupt and cleanse?

Squigs are useful but not reliable, especially since my fellow players like to kill them.
What about them? Boiling blood is an amazing ability(w/tactic) and it sometimes gets disrupted or cleansed. Do people still use it? Of course they do.

I fail to see your point.
Zuuka - Okayzoomer - and many others
Khandikhaine/Ligmuh/Egf - Meatcircle - Ukruton - and many others
Old School / Lords of the Locker Room

greenstoned

Post#14 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:02 am

main is an AM(dps), ap drain is fine the way it is i think
i run bout 820 intel and discerning offense these days, that thing will even land on most s/b tank reliably. still run +ap gear tho, cant bank on just that

i guess maybeh heal am got more chance to be dirsupted or blocked tho?
still the skill in itself is fine i think, cant expect a complete success rate, all classes got skills they depend on that can be defended against or cleansed
AM - Greendreams
SW - Experiment

Sulorie

Post#15 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:59 am

The issue is, dps healers have "normal" success rate with their CC/utility skills, while all with heal spec suffer from low offensive attributes and higher avoidance as a result. This is an imbalance which should be fixed.
Dying is no option.

Sigimund

Post#16 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:11 am

Sulorie wrote:The issue is, dps healers have "normal" success rate with their CC/utility skills, while all with heal spec suffer from low offensive attributes and higher avoidance as a result. This is an imbalance which should be fixed.
Fix this with the mechanic. Make each point of force/tranquility do 20% of the RP/Zealot stance buff does.

Koryu199X

Post#17 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:18 am

I don't agree with this, if it was to be buffed there would need to be some give and take for the shaman class. By allowing the AP drain abilities to gather tranquillity it would be over powering as you could use both to build up a devastating rotation to which there would be no defence. A well played Archmage doesn't need to be buffed, I saw Beerg keep his group up under pressure and still provide extra support.