Recent Topics

Ads

options for 1vx in current meta

Let's talk about... everything else
Bozzax

Re: options for 1vx in current meta

Post#11 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:22 pm

Here you see the performance on average, the best players (outliers), How many that play that class and have solo kills etc etc etc
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Ads
Detangler

Post#12 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:05 pm

Way too many complicated answers here. It's simple, really.

Regen witchbrew WE
Everyone else.

WE doesn't have to fight shams or regen marauders, so literally every class you find you can kill with ease. Cant die to anything 1v1 unless you seriously screw up bad. Start to get into trouble? Stagger and vanish. Reset, finish them off. Insane self sustain, damage, x2 heal debuffs, and all the escape tools you would ever need. 'Why is this still even allowed?' should be the real question.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Shima

Post#13 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:39 pm

Bozzax wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:17 pm Or you can use stats instead of guesses
https://www.rvrstats.additionweb.co.uk/

Thanks for sharing this. Call my attention the number of kills coming from white lions even with lion pet broken. I know there are lots of circunstances about that, but I'd like to have more information. It almost makes me want to hop back on my WL and run the rvr lake once again but I need a new HD before get back to War ;-;

!SOMEONE MAKE A VIDEO OF WL SOLO PLEASE! :lol:

Bozzax

Post#14 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:16 pm

Wl pet is broken if you use auto

1. Get loyal pet add on
2. Set it to passive
3. Bind attack/recall to keys
4. Use keys (if you have a mmo mouse bind it to the same button as your opening move)
5. Lol at ppl making posts that wl is bad and pet is broken

The def we narrative is somewhat lame as well as it requires a specific spec , specific gear, skill and that you master the mechanic (it is op so is wh simple fix remove the extra vanish elixir)

WLs are easier for most avg joes to pull off as long as you bother to learn pet
Last edited by Bozzax on Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Shima

Post#15 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:23 pm

Bozzax wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:16 pm Wl pet is broken if you use auto

1. Get loyal pet add on
2. Set it to passive
3. Bind attack/recall to keys
4. Use keys (if you have a mmo mouse bind it to the same button as your opening move)
5. Lol at ppl making posts that wl is bad and pet is broken
It's not that simple. Lion takes the worst path to the target often, get dismissed wihtout reason, goes away, speed training is broken and lion doesn't run. What loyal pet does doesn't help the bug on lion because when it works, it attacks the right target. The problem lies on pet stay in combat and dont get dismissed without reason.

juzziex

Post#16 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:59 am

Shima wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:39 pm
Bozzax wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:17 pm Or you can use stats instead of guesses
https://www.rvrstats.additionweb.co.uk/

Thanks for sharing this. Call my attention the number of kills coming from white lions even with lion pet broken. I know there are lots of circunstances about that, but I'd like to have more information. It almost makes me want to hop back on my WL and run the rvr lake once again but I need a new HD before get back to War ;-;

!SOMEONE MAKE A VIDEO OF WL SOLO PLEASE! :lol:
This chart is useless, most of these kills were not "solo". A lot probably happened in SCs getting picked off by the guarded/healed DPS. The rest of them were in a party and just happened to be the only ones who hit that target at the time.

If we're to believe this graph is useful at all then Shaman has the worst K/D on destro side. So it's safe to say shaman is the weakest Solo class in the game at least on Destro side anyway? LMAO yeah right. Also the White Lion being the best? WL is a running man in the solo game. All about picking an easy target that blows up fast. Against solo geared/spec players the WL is very weak in the solo game. So unless your style is trying to pick off aoe specced players from the back of warbands or lowbies trying to solo run boxes the WL is pretty garbage in solo. In fact destro in general have a big advantage in solo play especially since the slayer nerf. Nothing can win against a properly geared and specced Mara/WE/Chosen or Shaman.

Speedyluck

Post#17 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:00 am

FOTM is pretty obvious

juzziex

Post#18 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:05 am

Speedyluck wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:00 am FOTM is pretty obvious
None of those classes are top tier for solo and most of those aren't solo players either.

Basically the best solo class is the one who wins the most solo match ups 1v1 when players are actually specced for solo and that's the regen WE, the shaman or the chosen, Mara or SM. The deciding factor being that while roaming you are able to catch people who want to run from you and also have tools to escape when more numbers come. In this case the WE is the lone god of solo play. Shaman is a distant 2nd. WH is another good choice due to the tools to pick fights/escape/catch runners but falls behind due to losing most match ups with actual solo geared and specced players, the classes I mentioned (and a lot of others) all beat WHs 1v1.

Ads
ifirex

Post#19 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:16 am

juzziex wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:05 am
None of those classes are top tier for solo and most of those aren't solo players either.

Basically the best solo class is the one who wins the most solo match ups 1v1 when players are actually specced for solo and that's the regen WE, the shaman or the chosen, Mara or SM. The deciding factor being that while roaming you are able to catch people who want to run from you and also have tools to escape when more numbers come. In this case the WE is the lone god of solo play. Shaman is a distant 2nd. WH is another good choice due to the tools to pick fights/escape/catch runners but falls behind due to losing most match ups with actual solo geared and specced players, the classes I mentioned (and a lot of others) all beat WHs 1v1.
"Solo 1v1 match ups" When roaming in RoR 😂
Good stuff, We have gone full off topic already.

Speedyluck

Post#20 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:39 am

juzziex wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:05 am

and which regen witch elf can achieve something like this?