Recent Topics

Ads

Solo WE vs 6? No problem

Fan art? Some amazing artists in here.
RvR Videos? 6v6 fights? Show off your skills!
Looking to stream the game? We encourage it!
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Khailee

Re: Solo WE vs 6? No problem

Post#21 » Fri Dec 22, 2023 11:02 am

Omegus wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 3:14 am Yes, balance should be dictated by cherry-picked fights used to make a frag montage video...

For the people getting angry at the video, please notice:

1) A lack of order healers in almost every fight
2) RDPS in melee range
3) DPS in glass cannon builds without the tank and healer back-up needed to make them work
4) Sub-40 players

And you can always look up the character on the killboard for the full picture :D
They could just nerf every class that MDPV made a gank video for. Problem solved.

Ads
Sofong

Post#22 » Fri Dec 22, 2023 11:47 am

the editing made it look very entertaining ofcos, if u actually look at killboard its not that broken, at least not those crazy 200:1 400:1 numbers which is truly broken for years.

https://killboard.returnofreckoning.com/character/72632

nocturnalguest

Post#23 » Fri Dec 22, 2023 12:04 pm

Sofong wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 11:47 am the editing made it look very entertaining ofcos, if u actually look at killboard its not that broken, at least not those crazy 200:1 400:1 numbers which is truly broken for years.

Well, all it says he aint obsessed with KDA as some of the folks. Its no secret that to make 999999:0 you need to use the tricks and its whole different playstyle relaying on a group. mdpv is solo roaming, not playing leaderboard.
If you see those 9999999:0 its not anyhow broken, its not any kind of balance signal or whatever. Its just the dude doing it choose this boring playstyle and chase KDA instead of actually playing the game. I feel pity for such guys tbf

reynor007

Post#24 » Fri Dec 22, 2023 12:09 pm

Omegus wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 3:14 am Yes, balance should be dictated by cherry-picked fights used to make a frag montage video...

2) RDPS in melee range
3) DPS in glass cannon builds without the tank and healer back-up needed to make them work
4) Sub-40 players

And you can always look up the character on the killboard for the full picture :D
the first time I say that class is more important than skill, I think this is one of my best gameplay videos and the most correct use of position and abilities
but for def we don't need any skill at all to kill 1v1 almost any enemy
the worst def WE player will often be stronger than a great player in another class

regarding your questions
1 I killed a lot of enemies with healers, these are very long battles that often last more than 5 minutes, I don’t have the opportunity to insert them into the video even with editing, and the zerg often don’t let me finish such a battle
2 you didn’t watch the video well, there were many moments when rdps had a distance, but do you think I should stand still and look at it?
3 a huge number of different opponents, from regen vx to regen wl, also some of the opponents were with a guard or a healer, again your inattention is not more
4 rolf no comments
WH - mdpv 80+
WE - Witchrage 80+

reynor007

Post#25 » Fri Dec 22, 2023 12:20 pm

fatelvis wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 8:07 am Interesting watch. I wonder if you skip FS to procc the absorb tactic more often?
Too bad I didn't meet you more than twice or so pre system change. Felt like my engie build had a good chance against your build. :P (with equal pot investments at least)
I don't use any crit chance reduction on me
I fought some def engi like utka and daewuur but I won confidently enough
Sofong wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 11:47 am the editing made it look very entertaining ofcos, if u actually look at killboard its not that broken, at least not those crazy 200:1 400:1 numbers which is truly broken for years.

Sorry to upset you, but I played full dps we a lot, and she dies very often)
as for my game def we, in 3 months of playing, I have 2 solo deaths, both of them are due to being disconnected from the server
Do you think it’s normal not to lose a single solo battle for 3 months?
(I don’t play killboard, I don’t care how many deaths I have, I always fight to the last if there is at least a minimal chance of winning)
Khailee wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 11:02 am
They could just nerf every class that MDPV made a gank video for. Problem solved.
this is the only time I really think it's more about balance than my skill in the game, although I'm more than happy with how I played, and these are probably the best fights I've ever had
WH - mdpv 80+
WE - Witchrage 80+

Farrul

Post#26 » Fri Dec 22, 2023 12:29 pm

zoccolo wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 7:37 amMdvp is the best player on the server for several reasons and has been an inspiration to most of us,
It is not about the individual player but def WE being out of balance for a long time ( i am not judging by this video, of course 6vs1 videos is for entertainment purpose only, everyone knows this already, duh)

IF you watch other MDPV videos the only thing that can compare to def WE is WH(before nerfs). He has played SW, BW ,Mara, WL etc... all good videos but NOT at the same power level as Def WE, obviously and easily observable if not in full denial.

lemao

Post#27 » Fri Dec 22, 2023 12:36 pm

zoccolo wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 7:37 am this

2) RDPS in melee range
4) Sub-40 players

Mdvp is the best player on the server for several reasons and has been an inspiration to most of us, but to call this video important to review the balance is really crap. The day he makes a 1vs6 against people like Cait then I will consider the regen build broken. 1vs2 would be enough. It seems everyone thinks they are superskilled and that if a really good one kills them then the class he plays is broken. If you don't believe it do one and then post the videos 1vs6 ... or 1v2. until then ... keep complaining
When you die 1vs1 or if two or more get killed by one player it is only because he is better at both playing (hands and eyes) and getting the right build.
In duels against good people Mdvp doesn't take 5 seconds, they play it to the last.
Before being a whining clown we have to understand that there are better players and some even much better. If we lose to people like them it is not the fault of the class.
Same for Wh, make one and run solo (not rats ganking group) and then post videos of your exploits here. In the lakes you see wh and we being clubbed badly if they are solo, is it because of class or skill?
I mean if you consider solo gameplay the pinnacle of gameplay (which it isnt) you might consider him the best player in that regard only.

Farrul

Post#28 » Fri Dec 22, 2023 12:55 pm

Detangler wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 2:36 am Need more videos like these to show the devs just how bonkers broken certain setups are in this game and adjustments are badly needed.

Too many escape tools on a stealth class and not enough aoe damage to be wanted/stacked in warband play. this is honestly worse than the worst stage of DAoC infliltrator and left axe shadowblades in game balancing stealth classes.

Not a hit at all on the skills of OP. Game recognizes game. But certain mechanics/specs are just not right.
Tbh videos like these should not be needed to show the devs anything, this has been a small scale balance issue for years and if they don't realize it by now it is likely because they do not care enough to watch it ( or maybe the ability rework has taken all their time, let's hope this is the case, i can respect that).

Def WE shouldn't even be a thing in a proper RPG class definition balancing, assassin classes are supposed to be leathal and agile but not tanks out sustaining melee brawler archetypes. It just screams wrong on so many levels.

I agree about the warband AOE attacks , both WH/WE derserve to have a proper spammable melee AOE attack (so does Assault SW) and be part of warband setups, the problem is that WoW rogues gameplay have likely been used as inspiration here, justifying the absence of AOE attacks but unfortunately this does not translate well into warhammer online gameplay, different games.

Ads
Omegus

Post#29 » Fri Dec 22, 2023 1:39 pm

reynor007 wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 12:09 pm

2) RDPS in melee range
4) Sub-40 players

the first time I say that class is more important than skill, I think this is one of my best gameplay videos and the most correct use of position and abilities
but for def we don't need any skill at all to kill 1v1 almost any enemy
the worst def WE player will often be stronger than a great player in another class

regarding your questions
1 I killed a lot of enemies with healers, these are very long battles that often last more than 5 minutes, I don’t have the opportunity to insert them into the video even with editing, and the zerg often don’t let me finish such a battle
2 you didn’t watch the video well, there were many moments when rdps had a distance, but do you think I should stand still and look at it?
3 a huge number of different opponents, from regen vx to regen wl, also some of the opponents were with a guard or a healer, again your inattention is not more
4 rolf no comments
My comments were aimed at people complaining about the video and not aimed at you :). I know full well that what you're doing within those situations still takes a lot of skill to come out on top. I'm just reminding people who get triggered over your videos to take everything into account when watching it.
Last edited by Omegus on Fri Dec 22, 2023 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

zoccolo

Post#30 » Fri Dec 22, 2023 1:40 pm

Farrul wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 12:29 pm
zoccolo wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 7:37 amMdvp is the best player on the server for several reasons and has been an inspiration to most of us,
It is not about the individual player but def WE being out of balance for a long time ( i am not judging by this video, of course 6vs1 videos is for entertainment purpose only, everyone knows this already, duh)

IF you watch other MDPV videos the only thing that can compare to def WE is WH(before nerfs). He has played SW, BW ,Mara, WL etc... all good videos but NOT at the same power level as Def WE, obviously and easily observable if not in full denial.

regen/defensive builds are pretty much the only ones if you want to solo, in 1v1 they are only strong if the other person has a non solo build and/or does not have the same skill level. in 1vX they are only strong if the other person is less good. Any regen/defensive build loses against two opponents of equal level who know how to do CC, drink a potion at the right time and do a minimum of burst. That's why I say the problem is our perception of how good we are, often less than true.
And that's why we don't see videos of Mdvp killing a duo with Cait and Rorhi, or players of that level.

Everything else is entertainment, it's why there are dozens of we and wh who in the lakes take slaps from everyone (if they don't run in groups), because they got the build right but lack hands and eyes.