Recent Topics

Ads

Post patch magus solobitz!

A place for people to post their RvR or PvE videos.
Just hope you're not the target :)
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Pahakukka

Post patch magus solobitz!

Post#1 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:57 am

Some dps spec clips from magus roams for those who are into these.

Click here to watch on YouTube

the bust is pretty decent. Just noticed i have swapped pande and maw in my hotbar at some point, so not many snares thrown around :D
Tinbitz rr8x BO
Daewuur rr8x Magus
Deawuur rr8x engineer
+ lots of rr50-60 toons, including 1 healer!

-"renown pinata for small groups"

Ads
Khailee

Re: Post patch magus solobitz!

Post#2 » Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:05 am

How do you find the solo game since patch? Is there more or less people roaming? How is the meta now, is regen still fairly dominant?

I haven't played the game for quite a while and don't plan on coming back due to reasons...but just curious how things are going these days.

Desco

Post#3 » Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:44 am

Nice Vid Daew :)
Magus seem interesting atm (is engie feeling the same?)
Does it stop the opponent's cast when you go behind your pinkydinky?

fatelvis

Post#4 » Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:04 am

Desco wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:44 am Nice Vid Daew :)
Magus seem interesting atm (is engie feeling the same?)
Does it stop the opponent's cast when you go behind your pinkydinky?
Magus single target build seems still viable. The loss of the ST pet aura is not that big, the range extension mostly was for trolling reason hitting targets that won't be able to reach you (in time). Engie single target build suffers from the need for armor penetration which makes you hit for less or run around as glass cannon, but it was like this before and has nothing to do with the system change (except crack shot got a damage nerf..)
Aoe builds for both suffer much more from the other 2 auras being removed, tuning down your damage or your survivability against ranged and casters (fighting shamies now is painful).
And I don't think pets count as obstacles.

paperclipdog

Post#5 » Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:56 am

fatelvis wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:04 am Magus single target build seems still viable. The loss of the ST pet aura is not that big, the range extension mostly was for trolling reason hitting targets that won't be able to reach you (in time).
Losing the range extension mattered for sniping yes, but also for group rdps roaming. You are incredibly immobile and really notice losing an extra 10ft while all other rdps can freely move around without being shackled to the pet.

For pure 1v1, kite magus is still fine. You lost flamer->knockback/dots all without stopping and gained more damage/root that doesnt insta break.

The biggest problem for AOE isn't even that you lost the ability to cast some stuff on the move or more area/dodge+disrupt but that the flamer/equivalent now also only gives you stacks within 25ft. Before you could park the flamer somewhere safe and have a decent area to be mobile in (70-80ft). Now the tankyest pet isn't tanky anymore and you have to resummon every 10s or lose stacks. It's just bad.

Daewuur you should kite more :D

Pahakukka

Post#6 » Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:59 pm

St magus does work like it used to, triumphant 4pc proc is really strong. You Will miss The range a lot. 2s cast (or 3s BoC) gets interrupted a lot because The bugger didn't stand still while im ganking him🫢.

Engi had lot more problems, mainly because i had to sacrifice a lot of wounds for viable snipe spec. Aegis lets u do that for magus, but keg only helps so much. The cone does Make kiting hard, but not impossible and You won't catch anyone WHO does not want to get caught as u have to stop to cast anything other than Insta cast dots.

I think both classes Will Be fine in The end tho. im gonna farm triumphant Set for engi too to get The Savage blast proc(i Trust it has it) and build The st spec from there.
Tinbitz rr8x BO
Daewuur rr8x Magus
Deawuur rr8x engineer

geezereur

Post#7 » Wed Dec 13, 2023 3:18 pm

How often does the triumphant 4pc proc? Since it dont work on dots and only has a small chance of proccing. I still use 5+2+2 set maybe I should try out something else.

Pahakukka

Post#8 » Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:17 pm

At least on magus it procs regularly enough to Be viable.
Tinbitz rr8x BO
Daewuur rr8x Magus
Deawuur rr8x engineer

Ads
reynor007

Post#9 » Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:12 pm

Nice)
WH - mdpv 80+
WE - Witchrage 80+