Recent Topics

Ads

Stop matching players who sign up for discordant against premades

Let's talk about... everything else
leftside

Re: Stop matching players who sign up for discordant against premades

Post#21 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:21 pm

Is there a way to view the current discordant map pool, along the lines of the old '.pug' command?

Ads
georgehabadasher

Post#22 » Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:17 am

wargrimnir wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:07 pm
Tisaya wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:53 pm I'm not sure if anyone, including Wargrimnir, even read the post. The post isn't about premades in solo q. It's about solo players who queue up for discordant still ending up in premade scenarios, either by bug or intentionally.
We can block people from solo queue only, and we have in the past. It doesn't take that much investigating to tell if a group of players are farming discordant scens, but we need some of the work done by the players reporting this behavior. If you think you're ending up in a ranked or standard match despite queueing for discordant, you would also be able to find that in your personal scenario list on the killboard. That would indeed be a bug.
I don’t believe the party I was matched against was intentionally trying to enter the discordant queue. I believe they were placed there by some error in the system. I can post the killboard link here or PM it to you.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#23 » Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:20 am

georgehabadasher wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:17 am
Tisaya wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:53 pm I'm not sure if anyone, including Wargrimnir, even read the post. The post isn't about premades in solo q. It's about solo players who queue up for discordant still ending up in premade scenarios, either by bug or intentionally.
We can block people from solo queue only, and we have in the past. It doesn't take that much investigating to tell if a group of players are farming discordant scens, but we need some of the work done by the players reporting this behavior. If you think you're ending up in a ranked or standard match despite queueing for discordant, you would also be able to find that in your personal scenario list on the killboard. That would indeed be a bug.
I don’t believe the party I was matched against was intentionally trying to enter the discordant queue. I believe they were placed there by some error in the system. I can post the killboard link here or PM it to you.
As far as I know, the bug being described does not exist. You can't get into a scen mode without queuing for it. My tools for dealing with people doing this are banning the offenders from the discordant scen game mode. If you want a dev to investigate, gather the evidence demonstrating the bug and post it on the bugtracker.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

georgehabadasher

Post#24 » Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:35 am

wargrimnir wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:20 am
georgehabadasher wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:17 am

As far as I know, the bug being described does not exist. You can't get into a scen mode without queuing for it. My tools for dealing with people doing this are banning the offenders from the discordant scen game mode. If you want a dev to investigate, gather the evidence demonstrating the bug and post it on the bugtracker.
Ok, I’ll do that. Thanks :)

anarchypark

Post#25 » Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:18 am

it might be an addon problem. Queue Queuer.
I've had an experience before when I was doing a 6-man and got matched inside Discord map.
That addon seemed unable to blacklist a specific map, causing the 6-man to queue with hidden Discord map.
Usually, when you join a group, Discord disappear from the queue list.
It feels like that addon is putting even those hidden ones into the queue.

P.S. addon part could be wrong from false memory.
though premade joining discord unintentionally actually happened, 1 time for me.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm6, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Tyrodan

Post#26 » Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:00 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:20 am As far as I know, the bug being described does not exist. You can't get into a scen mode without queuing for it. My tools for dealing with people doing this are banning the offenders from the discordant scen game mode. If you want a dev to investigate, gather the evidence demonstrating the bug and post it on the bugtracker.
There is a matchmaker bug. Just queued for discordant and ended up in this scenario

Note how the mode clearly states it is a discordant skirmish, yet there are 1 order 6-man, 1 destro 4-man and 2 more destro duo queuers if we just go by the guildnames. This is still late EU prime, so the possibility that so many guildplayers get accidentally matched into the same sc is miniscule. Likewise the chances that we have so many players abusing the discordant queue at the same time is also negligible.

I'm not posting this to shame the players there as I once ended up in the discordant mode with a full 6-man premade myself. This is merely to raise awareness that there's definitely a bug with the matchmaker.

mekal

Post#27 » Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:15 pm

Tyrodan wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:00 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:20 am As far as I know, the bug being described does not exist. You can't get into a scen mode without queuing for it. My tools for dealing with people doing this are banning the offenders from the discordant scen game mode. If you want a dev to investigate, gather the evidence demonstrating the bug and post it on the bugtracker.
There is a matchmaker bug. Just queued for discordant and ended up in this scenario

Note how the mode clearly states it is a discordant skirmish, yet there are 1 order 6-man, 1 destro 4-man and 2 more destro duo queuers if we just go by the guildnames. This is still late EU prime, so the possibility that so many guildplayers get accidentally matched into the same sc is miniscule. Likewise the chances that we have so many players abusing the discordant queue at the same time is also negligible.

I'm not posting this to shame the players there as I once ended up in the discordant mode with a full 6-man premade myself. This is merely to raise awareness that there's definitely a bug with the matchmaker.
You came up with that assumption how? Because they are in same guild?

My friend this is a low population server people can que at the same time and end up in the same sc

Is it planned at times? Ofc people do that. Is it unsportsmanlike? Yes. Can the devs stop it without further damaging sc que time? Unlikely

Tyrodan

Post#28 » Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:37 pm

mekal wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:15 pm You came up with that assumption how? Because they are in same guild?
If you would have read the thread you would recall that several people including me have already declared they were accidentally matched with their premades in discordant scs, I just provided more evidence.

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#29 » Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:59 pm

Tyrodan wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:37 pm
mekal wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:15 pm You came up with that assumption how? Because they are in same guild?
If you would have read the thread you would recall that several people including me have already declared they were accidentally matched with their premades in discordant scs, I just provided more evidence.
You intended to join a discordant scen and were put into one. What is the evidence the other teams were trying to join a standard scen? From a GM perspective, we would block all of those people from playing discordant scens and they would end up in standard instead.

This may have the side effect of discordant scens not have enough population to pop frequently, but that's what needs to happen if you actually want to play that game mode. When the standard modes don't pop because everyone decides to play discordant, eventually those standard mode players switch over. We can deter that. I don't care one way or another. If players report this behavior, we will take action on it. You can report it in-game which generates a ticket for us, or on Discord directly. Posting forum threads about the game mode being bugged doesn't help, particularly when it doesn't appear to be the case. If you can get good evidence of this happening, post it on the bugtracker. Shouldn't be that hard to queue for standard scens in a group and end up in a discordant scen if that's so frequently happening.

But most likely, it's just players queuing solo to flood discordant with guild groups.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Tyrodan

Post#30 » Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:37 am

wargrimnir wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:59 pm You intended to join a discordant scen and were put into one. What is the evidence the other teams were trying to join a standard scen? [...]
Had a look at the 6-mans scenario overview at the killboard. They played 11 scs from 22:22 to 00:15 servertime.

PANDA 6-man standard sc 22:22
PANDA 6-man standard sc 22:38
PANDA 6-man standard sc 22:51
PANDA 6-man standard sc 22:57
PANDA 6-man standard sc 23:06
PANDA 6-man standard sc 23:12
PANDA 6-man discordant sc 23:38
PANDA 6-man standard sc 23:48
PANDA 6-man standard sc 23:57
PANDA 6-man standard sc 00:04
PANDA 6-man standard sc 00:15

This is not a group abusing the queue and flooding the discordant scs with guildies. These are players just queueing all scs for the whole evening and ending up in a discordant scenario because of some matchmaker hiccup. I'm a software developer myself, so let me tell you: if it looks like a bug, sounds like a bug and smells like a bug, it's a bug.

Is this enough evidence? Then I'm going to write a bugreport. Or just send me the code for the matchmaker and I fix this **** myself and send it back.