Recent Topics

Ads

couple things I've noticed since I started 2 weeks ago

Let's talk about... everything else
Oldnight

Re: couple things I've noticed since I started 2 weeks ago

Post#21 » Thu Oct 26, 2023 2:57 am

akisnaakkeli wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:04 pm
Oldnight wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:49 am Ill preface this by saying I do enjoy the game.

however,

1. leveling to 40 is very arduous.
if it wasn't for the 2x exp I would never hit 40 for 6 to 8 mos.

no one is leveling, and the majority of my exp came from rvr during 2x exp.

I just hit 40 yesterday, and have tried to level a different class in between.

that class without 2x exp has only managed to get to 16.

2. the destruction faction is overwhelming here.
I'm not sure what was modified with order, but order classes seem to be outnumbered and lose roughly 70% of scenario fights.

choppas and mauraders seem to not accurately mirror us, and hence they are doing too much damage compared to order.

3.swordmaster can no longer debuff for his spirit damage, it looks like that changed to resistance buff instead of debuffi g the enemy.

4. whunters are limited to physical damage whereas witch elves can bypass armor because they have access to 100% corporeal damage.

I've been is many, many fights with witch elves who barely take any damage because they Regen it back so quickly.

they are akin to a black orc tank that does a lot more damage.

5. squid herders seem to be op as well vs sw.

6. black orcs need multiple people to take them down, and it seems like they have access to very high self sustain, to the point that they don't need a healer.

anyhow, I'm prob going to stick with the sm, even though the class doesn't play the same as it did in retail as I don't have it in me to make a half a level a day to level a different toon.
2. Choppa/Slayer Mara/Wl all do great dmg. Mara had 50% Armour penetration on all skills even AA live because Piercing Bite bug+Deadly Clutch, you even got healed by their potions, probably even regen: D Also WL was much better on live as well, Pets got grp heals/buffs and this build wasnt restricted like it in RoR RoR.builders - White Lion 100% Dmg increase for 10 sec and then summon pet back with crit tactic. You could use pounce mid-air from KB and you could drop down from any hight like 200ft+ DW bridge and Use pounce before you hit the ground you didnt take any dmg=) And your pet were there before you even from that 200ft bridge. Pounce could crit and did dmg 1 sec after landing and you Insta Crit 1k with AA then Coordinated strike and pounce dmg happens at the same time then another 1k AA crit and you were dead. Pounce could be used much more tactical like tank guarding him while he and pet recked people at the edge of keep so you were just in range of guard while yourtank is outside and door is still up.

3. Swordmasters had so much better Blade enchantments live, Like Heavens Blade reducing targets all resistances by 220 and it stacked with Spirit resis debuff from woh to over 500. Dps WP's and Am's loved to play with them, didnt even care about Whispering wind, i wanted that 0 spirit resis on enemy so my divine assault murders + heals high. And Phantoms Blade (R.I.P best one) 25% on hit to absorb 400 dmg.

4. Witch hunters are the Number 1 solo class and can spam finisher's with very high Spirit bullet dmg using flowing accusations. If using Vindication and flanking all that dmg rises 50% as well. WHs' are monsters but so are Welfs as well. Just not as good and not as fun imo because its so much more passive than WH.

5. SH's were much better off when they had the 98ft ranged tactic and 15sec dot. They have alot of dmg now but is it worth the reduced range? There was a time when Range and Melee SW/SH were great, but the eventual overnerf ofc came.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0k0nx1DKR4 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PowV-WxnR68

6. Black Orcs need Snb Thc and give Chop Fasta to blorc with 1min CD and give choppa 6sec Bleed em out like aoe dot, last tick always crit and high.

SM is great 2h tank fun, Blorc used to be my fave with snb thc but now i would definetely play SM instead of Blorc.

the problem with witch elves is they can go full. Regen making themore tany that the tanks, while keeping super high non physical damage.

in re to order, I rem order classes being much more potent.

why did they nerf order classes while keeping destro powerful?

destro already 2 to 1 advantage on this server.

Ads
francomes

Post#22 » Thu Oct 26, 2023 3:18 am

Oldnight wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 2:51 am
Yaliskah wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:30 pm Ahem :).

Perfect timing to talk about EXPERIENCE. Here is one.

Well i started AFTER the x2 Event a character to check -as a casual gamer- how many time it could take to lvl a character 40/40, WITHOUT DOING ANY PVE OR ANY QUEST (even RvR quest, WITHOUT ANY FRIEND, GUILD TO PL ME OR ACCLAIM POTS, just joining PU warbands and scenarios) and if there was a problem at some point doing this.

28 hours and almost 31/41(and tons of tokens in my bag). No need to say that a good part of this time was doing nothing but talking to NPC to sell/buy, respec, and waiting scenarios.

And actual (and unique) issue i encounter doing such kind of (stupid) chalenge is only this one : I wont have enough gold to buy my future mount and good talismans.

This said, i assume any normal person would take ATLEAST Rvr quests to improve his XP gains and rewards (and then improve spent time to lvl up).

Voila.
listen I'm still 16 on my sw.

there are few, if any scenario pops for order.
and when they do pop order gets demolished usually 500 to 20 or 0.

this server is overly destroyed biased

ya I bet if I leveled a destro toon I could get to 40 pretty quick.

but I will never play destro, horde, whatever the evil faction in a game is.
Haha thats so funny. Dont even know where to start. I 'd start by telling you that saying things like that at lvl 16 first toon is a bit dangerous...u are missing a lot. Try to play at other time and see how 'good' destro does.

Just for reference, I think since the beginning of the year we had like what 3 Aldorfs siegues? (and lost them lol)

loranbg

Post#23 » Thu Oct 26, 2023 1:26 pm

"there are few, if any scenario pops for order.

this server is overly destroyed biased"

This is blatantly false. On my cr 35 SM i only leveled through scenarios solo and I won more than 60% of the SCs. My SM is rr41 with 500crests and full merc gear. I also got to that point rather fast, I dont know exactly how fast, but its taking almost twice as long to level my Magus and with far fewer crests and far lower RR

For contrast on destro I lose far more often than I ever do as order, even at cr40. And the past few days RvR has been very heavily order biased population wise, with destro being outnumbered heavily during peak hours.

Oldnight

Post#24 » Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:47 am

loranbg wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 1:26 pm "there are few, if any scenario pops for order.

This is blatantly false. On my cr 35 SM i only leveled through scenarios solo and I won more than 60% of the SCs. My SM is rr41 with 500crests and full merc gear. I also got to that point rather fast, I dont know exactly how fast, but its taking almost twice as long to level my Magus and with far fewer crests and far lower RR

For contrast on destro I lose far more often than I ever do as order, even at cr40. And the past few days RvR has been very heavily order biased population wise, with destro being outnumbered heavily during peak hours.
dunno what to say--- everytime in on its 70% destro 30 order

Oldnight

Post#25 » Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:49 am

Oldnight wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:47 am
loranbg wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 1:26 pm "there are few, if any scenario pops for order.

dunno what to say--- everytime in on its 70% destro 30 order00 case in point-- as i post this is 64% destro for t1

Sulorie

Post#26 » Fri Oct 27, 2023 4:11 pm

Oldnight wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:49 am
Oldnight wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:47 am

dunno what to say--- everytime in on its 70% destro 30 order00 case in point-- as i post this is 64% destro for t1
64% destro means you can have lots of fun on order in t1 with a decent group. Maybe order players too shy to respond to grp requests in chat?
Dying is no option.

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#27 » Fri Oct 27, 2023 5:35 pm

Oldnight wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 2:51 am listen I'm still 16 on my sw.

This server is overly destroyed biased

Fun fact, since the begining of this experience, i see in scenarios almost the same ppl in front of me levelling quite faster than me (they even play multiple classes), and killing me pretty well and fast.

About your implying bias i already experienced lvling on order side many times (BW, AM, SW, KOBTS, SB, WH, RP, WP.... all 40/RR30-70). Probably the difference between you and me is i levelled most of those character with the support of a guild or friends, joining groups, and helping each other. As for the supposed destro bias of this server (i'm hearing the same argument on destro turned to order bias), as far i know a good part of the RoR team has his main character in Altdorf. :p

Now and it is maybe a reason of your feeling/issue, the problem isn't in the server or in the balance, but in the timezone you play.

Omegus

Post#28 » Fri Oct 27, 2023 9:16 pm

Oldnight wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:49 am1. leveling to 40 is very arduous.

How does 2x XP let you do 1-40 in the same time it takes you to do 1-16, when each rank needs more XP than the previous one to complete?
I'm not sure what was modified with order, but order classes seem to be outnumbered and lose roughly 70% of scenario fights.

choppas and mauraders seem to not accurately mirror us, and hence they are doing too much damage compared to order.
https://killboard.returnofreckoning.com/scenarios for your actual server-wide scenario data. The only way you can be outnumbered in a scenario is if some people from your faction did not join the scenario.

Choppas do less damage than Slayers. Marauders can output more AOE damage than White Lions but a lot of that is fluff and in scenarios WLs put out far more single-target burst than Marauders, and burst is what gets kills. Choppas and Marauders do have more crowd control though (Mara doesn't get their pull until R40 though?).

ORVR stats are here, and in the past 24 hours the pop has been 50/50 as I type this: https://www.rvrstats.additionweb.co.uk/ with destro a slightly ahead in kills.
3.swordmaster can no longer debuff for his spirit damage, it looks like that changed to resistance buff instead of debuffi g the enemy.
Wrath of Hoeth
4. whunters are limited to physical damage whereas witch elves can bypass armor because they have access to 100% corporeal damage.

I've been is many, many fights with witch elves who barely take any damage because they Regen it back so quickly.

WHs have access to spirit damage on executions (Bullets) and far better anti-melee defenses (12 seconds of 100%+ parry chance). Solo meta is scuffed anyway and the game is not designed around it. If your playstyle is solo roaming then you will have a bad time against against anything that can lower damage, do damage and heal at the same time. Something to keep in mind is that those regen specs are absolute garbage outside of soloing.
Context needed.
6. black orcs need multiple people to take them down, and it seems like they have access to very high self sustain, to the point that they don't need a healer.
You might be the first person to say Black Orcs are overpowered in years.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Ads
Oldnight

Post#29 » Sat Oct 28, 2023 2:02 am

Yaliskah wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 5:35 pm
Oldnight wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 2:51 am listen I'm still 16 on my sw.

This server is overly destroyed biased

Fun fact, since the begining of this experience, i see in scenarios almost the same ppl in front of me levelling quite faster than me (they even play multiple classes), and killing me pretty well and fast.

About your implying bias i already experienced lvling on order side many times (BW, AM, SW, KOBTS, SB, WH, RP, WP.... all 40/RR30-70). Probably the difference between you and me is i levelled most of those character with the support of a guild or friends, joining groups, and helping each other. As for the supposed destro bias of this server (i'm hearing the same argument on destro turned to order bias), as far i know a good part of the RoR team has his main character in Altdorf. :p

Now and it is maybe a reason of your feeling/issue, the problem isn't in the server or in the balance, but in the timezone you play.
ok so today I got my 16 SW to 18!

and it only took 5 hours!

all done in the destro controlled scenarios.

Oldnight

Post#30 » Sat Oct 28, 2023 2:04 am

Omegus wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 9:16 pm
Oldnight wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:49 am1. leveling to 40 is very arduous.

How does 2x XP let you do 1-40 in the same time it takes you to do 1-16, when each rank needs more XP than the previous one to complete?

https://killboard.returnofreckoning.com/scenarios for your actual server-wide scenario data. The only way you can be outnumbered in a scenario is if some people from your faction did not join the scenario.

Choppas do less damage than Slayers. Marauders can output more AOE damage than White Lions but a lot of that is fluff and in scenarios WLs put out far more single-target burst than Marauders, and burst is what gets kills. Choppas and Marauders do have more crowd control though (Mara doesn't get their pull until R40 though?).

ORVR stats are here, and in the past 24 hours the pop has been 50/50 as I type this: https://www.rvrstats.additionweb.co.uk/ with destro a slightly ahead in kills.
Wrath of Hoeth

WHs have access to spirit damage on executions (Bullets) and far better anti-melee defenses (12 seconds of 100%+ parry chance). Solo meta is scuffed anyway and the game is not designed around it. If your playstyle is solo roaming then you will have a bad time against against anything that can lower damage, do damage and heal at the same time. Something to keep in mind is that those regen specs are absolute garbage outside of soloing.
Context needed.
You might be the first person to say Black Orcs are overpowered in years.
in rw to wh, how do you compare his 1 to 2 bullets that do spi damage, vs 100% we corporeal damage?