Recent Topics

Ads

Suggestions to soften the blow after rollback

Let's talk about... everything else
wonshot

Suggestions to soften the blow after rollback

Post#1 » Tue Oct 03, 2023 7:24 pm

Hello,
The rollback absolutely sucks and we might lose some players due to this frustration. Personally ive been playing with a new players last 2-3 weeks who did the whole dungeon gunbad, cnt, beastlord, bastion grind and he is rolled fully back into merc gear. that player is probably gone, and it made me start thinking if there would be any suggestions and solutions to soften the blow temp to make players recover the timeinvestment they just lost due to this unlucky rollback.

- Dungeon lockout is not going to do much at 3hours. But what if the 2x event for ONCE gave double dungeon influence, it would motivated veterans and newcomers to enter dungeons as its now double as efficient. But only this one time during a 2x event.

- Dungeon repeatable quests requireing 2runs for the set items but with a 24hour timer, and take these quests out after a week so normal 4time repeat safetynet quests are back in.

- Pirate event quest-starter scrolls are now nolonger one-time use. Yes, I know then people could farm talis, crests, rp potions etc. But this would only be limmited over the extended event and its at the same time as 2x event is ongoing so how many people would really spend too much time farming scrolls?

- Make both Nordenwatch weekly and Ironclad be weekend warfront over the week event to promote these scenarios popping so people can complete their pirate live event scenario tasks.

- Increase "super rare" drop with 2x aswel in dungeons, this include purple seeds and gunbad accesories (could be cool if this was happening on 2x events to make dugneons worth spending time in during 2x)

But more than anything I would just advice people to "sleep on it" yes it sucks, it really does. But atleast we still got RoR and warhammer option in our lives. Hang in there folks.
Bombling 92BW
Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP

Gombling 85MSH - Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 83Sorc - Destroling 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara

Ads
geraldtarrant

Re: Suggestions to soften the blow after rollback

Post#2 » Tue Oct 03, 2023 7:48 pm

Free Pirate Hats for Everyone!
Muschroom / Gloom / Iznoogood
Orz Guild
Nr1 Sorc Preaseason1 Solo, Nr1 Sorc Season3 Group

Tyrodan

Post#3 » Tue Oct 03, 2023 7:58 pm

Unironically: Spawn another exotic mount vendor, give everyone an exotic mount token and let them pick a permanent mount.

Having a permanent cute battle ram would sway me to look over all the lost pve progress and I think it's a fair compensation for the enormeous loss of time everyone suffered.

Dolo

Post#4 » Tue Oct 03, 2023 8:28 pm

Tyrodan wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 7:58 pm Unironically: Spawn another exotic mount vendor, give everyone an exotic mount token and let them pick a permanent mount.

Having a permanent cute battle ram would sway me to look over all the lost pve progress and I think it's a fair compensation for the enormeous loss of time everyone suffered.
The best idea so far
Still want pig mounts for dwarves.

shoelessHN

Post#5 » Tue Oct 03, 2023 8:43 pm

Just make the 2x renown/inf/crests permanent. There is really zero downside.

The renown/contribution nerf years ago was completely overdone, double renown makes it feel like it did 4 or 5 years ago. Now new players are going up against rr90+ players who probably got 75k renown fort wins, invader from gold bags, hell I have a WE i never play that got 3 or 4 piece sov in 3 days when cities dropped.

Double renown/inf is the only way for a new player to marginally catch up to vet characters.

trh382

Post#6 » Tue Oct 03, 2023 8:49 pm

I agree that a mechanism to reduce the time to redo any PVE that players accomplished over the last week would be ideal.

I think some players find PVE a bit of a grind and their focus is on PvP. Asking them to redo their "chores" from last week that they accomplished after a big pvp/levelling push during x2 is probably going to frustrate them.

Wam

Post#7 » Wed Oct 04, 2023 12:52 am

wonshot wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 7:24 pm Hello,
The rollback absolutely sucks and we might lose some players due to this frustration. Personally ive been playing with a new players last 2-3 weeks who did the whole dungeon gunbad, cnt, beastlord, bastion grind and he is rolled fully back into merc gear. that player is probably gone, and it made me start thinking if there would be any suggestions and solutions to soften the blow temp to make players recover the timeinvestment they just lost due to this unlucky rollback.

- Dungeon lockout is not going to do much at 3hours. But what if the 2x event for ONCE gave double dungeon influence, it would motivated veterans and newcomers to enter dungeons as its now double as efficient. But only this one time during a 2x event.

- Dungeon repeatable quests requireing 2runs for the set items but with a 24hour timer, and take these quests out after a week so normal 4time repeat safetynet quests are back in.

- Pirate event quest-starter scrolls are now nolonger one-time use. Yes, I know then people could farm talis, crests, rp potions etc. But this would only be limmited over the extended event and its at the same time as 2x event is ongoing so how many people would really spend too much time farming scrolls?

- Make both Nordenwatch weekly and Ironclad be weekend warfront over the week event to promote these scenarios popping so people can complete their pirate live event scenario tasks.

- Increase "super rare" drop with 2x aswel in dungeons, this include purple seeds and gunbad accesories (could be cool if this was happening on 2x events to make dugneons worth spending time in during 2x)

But more than anything I would just advice people to "sleep on it" yes it sucks, it really does. But atleast we still got RoR and warhammer option in our lives. Hang in there folks.
did weekly on 8 characters last week, did pirate hat complete on 8 characters, did extra roaming daily also

earnt atleast 5,000 crests... earnt 500+ from 3 hours on monday

i will be one of those done with the game also mostly because of the response and the lack of support or care for players and lack of transparency once again, some people dont care ... but when you put in 50+ hours and told to eat that **** sarnie and smile ... no amount of extra events getting extended is going to soften that and just total lack of care

I was pretty much one of the most active players and also a leader... was holding out until balance patches to see how badly that would be implemented but this just takes the motivation and trust out of the game, why bother putting in effort, why bother logging in when you get treated like this... i appreciate what the game as given me but why even try when your 900+ kills with 0 deaths on with 80 aao on monday counts for nothing, especially after my guildies already get harassed
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]

Derpy

Post#8 » Wed Oct 04, 2023 12:57 am

How long was the rollback actually?

Checked quickly this morning and noticed i completely lost my newly created black orc.

Wondering how much gear/progress i lost on my other characters...

Ads
Wam

Post#9 » Wed Oct 04, 2023 12:59 am

Derpy wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 12:57 am How long was the rollback actually?

Checked quickly this morning and noticed i completely lost my newly created black orc.

Wondering how much gear/progress i lost on my other characters...
monday night EU 25th - tuesday 3rd

ive known people lost gunbad diamonds, purple seeds, lots of money, and lots of crests and lots of pve wards
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]

taktaal

Post#10 » Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:33 am

Well normally in IT you don't do a 10 day restore without good reasons, so I assume that's what happened here? Still, would be nice to get some communication.