Recent Topics

Ads

Almost raged quit today lol...

Let's talk about... everything else
Dakkhon

Almost raged quit today lol...

Post#1 » Mon Sep 18, 2023 2:59 pm

We are in praag and as usual we outnumbered. No problem used to it. However destro had like 8 at least I couldnt count them all, choppas just on postern just simply running along the wall and chain pulling everyone off. Didnt matter where you stood you got pulled. I mean seriously....running along the wall just aoe spamming the pull. Then SH jumping off and knocking folks off the wall. Thats the just the back wall folks not including all the choppas on main gate........wuuuusahhhh. Ok rant off. I am thinking that if theytook pull away from all clases cable destro could not win a fight period. Just my opinion of course but seeing as how they abslutely rely on it 24/7......ok back tothe fight. Still going on. Just the rantings of a player who loves the game so much even this bs will not stop me from playing :P
Marauder and WE killer because I hate classes that require no skill lol! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ads
yhani

Re: Almost raged quit today lol...

Post#2 » Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:44 pm

Yeah. That is bs.

Mara pull is worse. Its not even frustrating anymore. Its like legal cheat and I got zero respect for marauders who use it. I dont count their stats.

F rampage and enemy marker too (should only work on allies).

We got more good than bad in this game. But bad game design is still bad game design.
Vadhal - kotbs rr80+

githappens

Post#3 » Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:13 pm

Usualy when you die to pulls its just poor positioning.

yhani

Post#4 » Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:15 pm

githappens wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:13 pm Usualy when you die to pulls its just poor positioning.
I jumped from cliff in caledor, choppa pulled me back.

I used tree to break los in lost temple of isha. Mara pulled me through it.

I was behind of building in reikland factory. Mara pulled me through.

I was behind wall in gates of ekrund and mara pulled me through.

It will happen again and again.

Let my ranged character one-shot in melee range and I call it balanced.

When its ranged vs melee, ranged should focus to keep distance and its melee who should seek cover before he get to me.

If it is open field then its easy to pull or there is not enough line of sight and we fight in melee range.

Its broken mechanic but some people need that bullshit I guess.
Vadhal - kotbs rr80+

githappens

Post#5 » Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:34 pm

yhani wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:15 pm
githappens wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:13 pm Usualy when you die to pulls its just poor positioning.

When its ranged vs melee, ranged should focus to keep distance and its melee who should seek cover before he get to me.

If it is open field then its easy to pull or there is not enough line of sight and we fight in melee range.

Its mostly likely desync on your side. Play Mara and you will see how wonky pull is.

juzziex

Post#6 » Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:55 pm

githappens wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:34 pm
yhani wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:15 pm

Its mostly likely desync on your side. Play Mara and you will see how wonky pull is.
I play Mara with prob like 500 ping and pull still feels broken as **** lol.

Bignusty

Post#7 » Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:01 pm

Just play SW fester party.

Plaguewall

Post#8 » Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:07 pm

I guess destro has similar issues with lion pulls through fortress walls and through trees, and with slayer balls being difficult to deal with. It can seem unfair when you get mulched within seconds but honestly, that's just the game and you need to adapt your strategy. If you see a bunch of choppas running headlong at you, then someone's likely to get pulled. I'd say at least you have a chance to disrupt/block it. You might need to up your parry/block/disrupt if that's the one thing that is ruining your enjoyment. I'll just accept that sometimes you get outplayed and that we're playing a game that has... idiosyncrasies.

Ads
Avernus

Post#9 » Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:33 am

Bignusty wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:01 pm
Just play SW fester party.
It's not like SW has any other options. Skrirmish is basically dead (unless you want to spam some AoE, and even then you are just a clown without WW SM), and huge AP cost will not allow you to spam your scout skills (50 AP for 1s spam ability). That's why SW is reduced to FA bot - and its not even that good by yourself, but is indeed frustrating to play against if you are catching like, 2-3 arrows at once.

Rubius
Developer

Post#10 » Wed Sep 20, 2023 2:02 pm

No, it's not just positioning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgKV5ruR_YQ

New Ability System should address a lot of the issues with this pull.