Recent Topics

Ads

[WP] Righteous Fury managment

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Chirok

[WP] Righteous Fury managment

Post#1 » Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:21 am

Hi guys

I'm currently playing the WP as a healer and I find it very hard to manage the righteous fury. Especially in heavy fights with a lot of pressure.
Because for my unterstanding Salvation WP is defined as a backline healer.

Even if I soften this dogma and try to get closer to the enemy its very hard to not fall in a situation where i suffer a heavy lack of RF.

If I am not able to hit enough targets with Smite to replenish my pool I run empty.

Also, especially in big warbands, the risk is very high that I get in melee range of Choppa and just get sucked in and die.

In addition the regeneration with Supplication is too slow and static, its seems.

So my question is how do you manage a phase with a lot of group damage in an oRvR situation in terms of resource shortage.

PS: In the past, even book healers had melee attacks that healed a bit. These are now all only possible with a shield right?

Ads
Mepharees

Re: [WP] Righteous Fury managment

Post#2 » Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:35 am

Yeah RF is a major problem right now for book/chalice, after the Supplication double tick nerf, and the Sov regen nerf.
You can't really do much about it, book is officially one of the worst healers.

For this problem to go away changes must be made to the class, a few examples:
- Introduce 10rf/sec books, or buff current 8rf books to 10
- Make supplication usable on the move and maybe buff it slightly (35? 40?)
- Lower the use of RF that healing abilities use, and have them cost some AP aswell, since AP is currently useless for WP.
- Introduce a tactic that removes the cd from your Divine Mend, but in turn have it heal 15-20% less, which would make AP more useful for us.

Especially in 6v6, book used to be a strong backline healer as you said, but that's no longer the case ever since new gear got introduced, which increased the damage done by a lot.
Your heals are no longer sufficient to keep a target up during burst, which forces you to run up to the fray and use Sigmar's shield, which in turn drains you from all your RF.
The over-reliance on Sigmars Shield completely destroyed the notion of book as a "backline healer", and you are now a pseudo shield healer, with weaker heals that get affected by healdebuffs and are also susceptible to cast pushback.

Chirok

Post#3 » Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:36 am

thanks for the info.

Very sad that the RF situation is so bad.

If I compare the situation with my RP, the RP has many possibilities to regenerate his AP passively and on-the-go.
via skills, procs or tactics.
The synergies I do not see on the WP

Both chars are not BiS but since it's a fundamental problem in the class dynamics in my opinion and there are no books that generate more than 8 RF passively, it probably won't be solved with better gear either. Or is there a another way do generate RF passivly?

Does anyone know if this problem will actually be addressed with the announced "balance patch".
The ability patch from the other day doesn't talk about the class mechanics and their problems at all.

As it looks I'll probably stay with the RP for now, although it is a dwarf in pajamas.

Pumping heals without having to take a look on a mechanic and depending on the gameplay, casting heals independently, flexible and nearly on demand feels better especially in larger fights.

Tyrex2017

Post#4 » Wed Aug 16, 2023 11:49 am

Slot the tactic Charged Fury and play front-mide line instead backline. Problem solved.

Loans

Post#5 » Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:53 pm

On live you had +2 from sov jew (and worn sov), +2 on gloves and eventually +10 from book (royal, lotd and rr100 weapons), even without any regen proc you were fine, but here after different nerfs wp/dok are not fun anymore, imo better play a sham or zeal.

Tyrex2017

Post#6 » Wed Aug 16, 2023 3:01 pm

Loans wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:53 pm On live you had +2 from sov jew (and worn sov), +2 on gloves and eventually +10 from book (royal, lotd and rr100 weapons), even without any regen proc you were fine, but here after different nerfs wp/dok are not fun anymore, imo better play a sham or zeal.
Agreed. They nerfed too much WP/DOK, these class no fun anymore. Better to play sham but he..... devs will nerf also shaman » FOTG nerf incoming. I'm off of this game waiting next server.

Nameless

Post#7 » Wed Aug 16, 2023 3:13 pm

With gcd change to 1,5 and ap regen from gear ticking while casting backline healers in reality got kinda endless ap (esp with RB up) while wp/doc dont get much benefit from that.
You could ignore all backhealers mechanics and be fine but on dok/wp you should be in check or all suffer.

So imo current book wp is harder to play than rp/am which is fine the problem is that lacks utility and buffs to bring one instead rp-am combo

Onslaught gear helps but not so easy to get althou 30 rf for 3 sec doesnt solve the whole problem, you still dry out at pressure moments
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

tazdingo

Post#8 » Wed Aug 16, 2023 3:39 pm

it is rough. you have to be VERY good at using smite whilst not getting drawn into rolling melee. even then the heals are ass and it doesn't feel worth it for the added tankyness compared to rp/am. if even one SH decides to focus you it's difficult to stay in the goldilocks zone for smiting as you're constantly being forced back or having to move weird to break LOS. they need the added sources of regen back

Ads
Scottx125

Post#9 » Wed Aug 16, 2023 3:48 pm

It gets better at BiS as you get a chance of 15RF gain. Trick with the WP is not to waste RF when you don't need to. The regen tactic does help but only in situations where it's low pressure, otherwise you'll die without other tactics such as LtP and the Shield you get on crit (can't remember what it's called).

Your best bet is conserve RF when you can, spend it when you need to. Smite often and even if you don't need it feel free to use supplication for 1-2 seconds(or even on the move) for an extra chunk of RF, even in low pressure situations. The fuller your RF is the greater your potential to absorb shocks of damage. There's no getting around the fact that WP has downtime, the goal is to have that downtime when you can afford it.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Chirok

Post#10 » Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:06 pm

Tyrex2017 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 11:49 am Slot the tactic Charged Fury and play front-mide line instead backline. Problem solved.
How this tactic affects smite? Doe I generate 15+10 RF for every hit or just the normal sum of RF + 10

for example if i hit 3 targets with smite. Normaly i would get 45 RF.

With the tactic do i get 45 + 10 RF or 3x (15+10) RF?