Recent Topics

Ads

The Ability System Rewrite and Provisional Patch Notes

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
ravezaar

Re: The Ability System Rewrite & Provisional Patch Notes

Post#181 » Thu Aug 10, 2023 6:30 am

nat3s wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:04 pm Didn't notice that GTDC was nerfed whilst Rampage was left untouched. That is odd given the current position of Slayers in the game. Difficult to square how such a decision could be reached... However pretty sure it's not due to dev bias / certain devs campaigning to keep Slayers so strong. Might be more that Destro is naturally more popular so you need to incentivise Order somehow and giving them the absolutely beastmode melee class may be one way to achieve that.

Would also add, for my preferred playstyle (solo roaming) both Slayer and Choppa are meh... Now those AM/Shams OTOH!

EDIT: If there were proven bias, with a competing server on the horizon, the team would do well to weed it out now before players cotton on and use it as an excuse to switch.
Still NOT a balance patch but the rework and they said balance comes after wich I just dont get how so many can miss to read. Also GtdC and Rampage isnt the mirror skills GtdC is highest in the tree. ID took a huge a nerf in dmg so di retribution so WB slayers specially in Sige situation took a huge nerf, loosing much more dmg then Choppa in these patch notes. This is clear to see and has bin talked about on stream all week.

I also play Solo so wont effect me if I would play Slayer again just saying,
Ravezaar Slayer rr86
Ravezz Ironbreker rr82
Goingsolo Shadow Warrior rr81
Zutha Runepriest rr83
Raave Magus rr84 (finally gave in to Tzeentch whispers)
Chosen rr80
Dps Zealot rr70+
Marauder rr78
https://imgur.com/a/mlxv1nJ

Ads
Moonbiter

Post#182 » Thu Aug 10, 2023 7:20 am

Bartibus wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 1:16 pm The cd increase from 20 to 30 seconds isn't really 50% more cooldown. It's like >100% cooldown increase.

You do chop fasta, press gtdc, you don't get interrupted and channel for 6 seconds =>
Old Version: 9 seconds remaining
New version: 19 seconds remaining

That's why I think the nerf is a bit too much. Especially considering that Slayer is untouched and one of choppas main spells gets it's cd increased by more than 100% (in addition to the range nerf from 40 to 30 feet).
Ill say you more,
The GTCD's area is shrinked by 40% also, (not 25%).
So, the GTCD ability nerfed almost 4 times.
But, the immunity giver remains! Lol

Please, just remove GTCD completely, dat will be much betta.

nat3s

Post#183 » Thu Aug 10, 2023 7:44 am

ravezaar wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 6:30 am
nat3s wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:04 pm Didn't notice that GTDC was nerfed whilst Rampage was left untouched. That is odd given the current position of Slayers in the game. Difficult to square how such a decision could be reached... However pretty sure it's not due to dev bias / certain devs campaigning to keep Slayers so strong. Might be more that Destro is naturally more popular so you need to incentivise Order somehow and giving them the absolutely beastmode melee class may be one way to achieve that.

Would also add, for my preferred playstyle (solo roaming) both Slayer and Choppa are meh... Now those AM/Shams OTOH!

EDIT: If there were proven bias, with a competing server on the horizon, the team would do well to weed it out now before players cotton on and use it as an excuse to switch.
Still NOT a balance patch but the rework and they said balance comes after wich I just dont get how so many can miss to read. Also GtdC and Rampage isnt the mirror skills GtdC is highest in the tree. ID took a huge a nerf in dmg so di retribution so WB slayers specially in Sige situation took a huge nerf, loosing much more dmg then Choppa in these patch notes. This is clear to see and has bin talked about on stream all week.

I also play Solo so wont effect me if I would play Slayer again just saying,

Fair enough, as I say, not my preferred playstyle so I don't really care tbh. Just hear so many complaints about Slayers.

Wouldn't dps be significantly higher with 100% def penetration? Numbers may be higher for Choppa now, but if you get blocked/parried that much more, diff appears to be paper dps and not actual dps only?
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

Aluviya

Post#184 » Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:00 am

WARChosen wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:58 am
lumpi33 wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:04 pm I can already imagine playing ranged dps after the patch:

You hit melee dps for 0 damage (-300 tough)(-400 guard)(-10 laughed off)
Your Centuries of Training hits melee dps for 40 (-80 tough)(come on, 40 is pretty good for centuries of training)
Melee dps self heals for 40 (+300 overhealed)
Your targeted healer is out of range (65ft is enough, right)
You hit tank for 0 damage (block)(evaded)(disrupted)(-800 tough)(-10 shrugged off)
Your are pulled into the middle of the melee train (here it comes)
You use self knock back to escape (lol, nice try)
Your are knocked down (self knock back cancelled, hold still)
You are disabled
Melee dps critically hits you for 1500 (+in your face)(+roflmao)
Melee dps left hand critically hits you for 800 (+lolz)
Melee dps hits you with proc for 340 (+take that)
Melee dps hits you with another proc for 420 (+I love that)
Melee dps hits you with yet another proc for 250 (+One more)
Melee dps moral hits you and everything around you for 2500 damage (0 mitigated my friend)
You are snared
Tank critically hits you for 1200 with mighty three hit combo
Tank hits you with proc (yet another one)
Tank critically hits you for 1100 with mighty three hit combo
Tank hits you with another proc (because why not)
Tank hits you with yet another proc (eat it)
Tank critically hits you for 1300 with mighty three hit combo
You can't move
You die (why do you even play ranged dps *facepalm*)

Not much different to now but who thought that it would get worse?
I can show you what is real live when a tank face range DPS
Not sure what you are trying to prove here other your inexperienced state, using backlash aura in SC's. I don't see any impressive number here especially as it is taken out of context when not adding the timers. The only ability that a SW really has to deal decent range damage is Festering Arrow, which also only works if you had at least 1 mostly likely 2 additional RDPS to rotate with you at the same time. This means you are facing a 1 Tank 3 RDPS 2 Heal comp (I was involved in it) which is also is quite poorly working on order in comparison to destru and hard to play when facing a decent melee premade. What you posted here is exactly that type of a range assist comp. And to be fair here, it's not great considering that 3 DPS are assisting at you at once. If you had a KOTBS in the same situation, the Sorc would have rotated you for 2k+ on Word of Pain alongside with the Tzeentch's Talon on you and the Squig slowly grinding you down meanwhile. Let's just nerf the SW, because it has _2_ abilities, that actually deal damage every 5 and every 10 secs, :lol: . Just because you play a tank class doesn't legitimate that you take 0 damage from RDPS (even if certain streamers claim otherwise), was never like this (not even on live) as you are already given tools to deal with it and everything else is a question of build, positioning and your party that covers you. PS: You missed to mark the the parts where an ability that will be nerfed soon (rapid fire) did critically hit you for 82 damage kek.

Dajciekrwi

Post#185 » Thu Aug 10, 2023 9:32 am

"Thunderous Blow - Requires Savagery or Brutality stance" - can someone who play as a marauder explain meaning of this change?
What is the intention of such proposition?

forsa

Post#186 » Thu Aug 10, 2023 9:43 am

Thanks to RoR team for supporting the game.
Nice changes, waiting to see more of it.

Avernus

Post#187 » Thu Aug 10, 2023 10:02 am

Dajciekrwi wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 9:32 am "Thunderous Blow - Requires Savagery or Brutality stance" - can someone who play as a marauder explain meaning of this change?
It buffs your damage with this skill while using 1/2 hand if you are using Piercing Bite tactic (and you are probably do use this) while nerfing 3 hand ST damage potential (not a big loss anyway).

Sofong

Post#188 » Thu Aug 10, 2023 10:02 am

Dajciekrwi wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 9:32 am "Thunderous Blow - Requires Savagery or Brutality stance" - can someone who play as a marauder explain meaning of this change?
its meant to restrict aoe mara to use ST skilsl, meanwhile aoe WL have no restriction to their ST skills like armor debuff or cull the weak^^

Ads
Battlefield

Post#189 » Thu Aug 10, 2023 10:13 am

Not good news for WH, bad news for Mara, worthwhile changes for Kotbs, no more high distance range for Magus and Engi... poor marauder :)

Arek4

Post#190 » Thu Aug 10, 2023 10:40 am

I read the posts and I come to the conclusion that there is no need to "fight about it".Old players have 5 or more alternative characters at sov+ level.I see no problem there if one of my alt sov+ is nerfed and not playable I will switch to a playable one. "we'll wait and see".
The only thing that has always annoyed me (also in the official version) is that you can choose skills from all development paths.I understand up to level 40. If you want to be an offensive tank, for example, why are you allowed to use skills from other development trees? You can't be an alpha and omega at the same time ("either a fish or a *****").
All in all, much respect to the team and for the opportunity to play in RoR. And for the vision to change the rules of the game