Recent Topics

Ads

The Ability System Rewrite and Provisional Patch Notes

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Kpi

Re: The Ability System Rewrite & Provisional Patch Notes

Post#31 » Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:33 pm

Tyvm for the job and the patch. Let's see how this works.
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+

Ads
Panzer80

Post#32 » Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:34 pm

I have advocated for many of these changes in the past. I look forward to seeing them in game. Thanks!
Nihrandil [SM] 84, Arendollus [WL] 83, Caelroran [SW] 56, Thaler [WH] 83, Tionac [AM] 54, Hocke [Kotbs] 51
Gilgamash [BO] 82, Kaylor [Mara] 82, Gobsmack [Sham] 63 Jockitch [SH] 55

darkt1981

Post#33 » Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:36 pm

LOL all order players, thanks for the patch all destro players are you for real xD

why would that be xD

Scottx125

Post#34 » Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:01 am

Tons of nerfs :/. Engineer is practically unplayable now. It was already gimped.
These aren't balance changes. This is a hard reset on some classes/specs.
Last edited by Scottx125 on Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:17 am, edited 6 times in total.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

darkt1981

Post#35 » Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:07 am

So i guess this is a hidden nerf then on zealot ?

100 % set back? and not 50% heal reduction but 30%, i mean dps zealot or debuff zealot was already a non existant thing, but its dead now ...

wonshot

Post#36 » Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:08 am

Thanks for the informationbomb lol!
Very interesting apporach with closing down the main server and opening up a test server to stresstest. thats a new approach.
The attempt to first scrape off all the years of RoR bandaid balance adjustments all at once down to a 1.8.4 foundation and then reapplying them are probably the best way of doing it, but its also a dangerous read for those who skim through this and just see damage nerfs I guess :roll:

I am glad to see aoe healdebuff back on dps zealot/rp at a 30% But as Zomega pointed out this value is hardly bigger than a Chosen standing in a fight with his 25% aura. Maybe 50% dps zeal/runie was too much, but going class canon crit investment frontline-dpshealer relying on group synergy for cooldown reduction from Chopfaster/Whispering winds to spam the 5sec cd bpaoe from the dps healer to fulfill this niece warband "dps" build, almost seem like it needs to be notisably stronger than just a Chosens afk aura :P

Badgass once again being the name of the cooldown increaser is a nice treat from Live days.
I kinda like the idea of lower cooldown on the corp damage aura on MSH, it being frontal seems fair in tradeoff i guess.

In more general thoughts, I am curious about what RoR adjustmens will stay and which will go. Aoe cap seems to stay, how about Morale damage mitigation limmit per second? And now with all procs following the same rule of internal cooldown, will the rule of Ability+Tactic+Morale stack for all cases or stay with RoR limmitations?

Thanks for the many manhours, and to the testers who will give feedback on these changes in the coming future.
Last edited by wonshot on Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Sulorie

Post#37 » Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:09 am

May you consider fully reverting sham/am back to 1.4.8, when removing or changing tactics/skills before making any balance adjustments? The snare puddle is still high in heal tree, which breaks working live builds and was only justified, because we had a reason in ROR to go higher than 9pts in middle tree.
Dying is no option.

Uchoo

Post#38 » Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:12 am

Why aren't we also renaming You Wot?? to Dead 'Ard to also fit the class thematically? Pretty obvious huge miss there on implementation.

It's interesting to note that The Black Orc nerf thread had something like 2 dozen pages of response on day 1, whereas this has 33 response in total.
"They're gonna die if we kill them" - Klev on strategy

RoR Memes
https://www.youtube.com/@UchooGaming
Check out my Twitter, I talk about RoR & Games
https://twitter.com/UchooGaming
The RoR Guide
https://shorturl.at/ouGH8

Ads
Avanos

Post#39 » Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:21 am

Rydiak wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:47 pm
Avanos wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:46 pm lots of nerfs.. where's the balance?
ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 6:42 pmClass balancing will resume in the new Ability System. We will be working on a more comprehensive class and archetype specific balance patch in an update following the release of the new Ability System.

We will be communicating our future content plan for after the Ability System has been released soon.
It's like you people don't read and instead just react.
never learned how to..
Veretta the Witch Elf

Tyrex2017

Post#40 » Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:23 am

Shaman : - Fury of Da Green - Gork’s Waaagh no longer makes the ability castable on the move.

RIP Heal Shaman. Same for AM. Bad moves.
Last edited by Tyrex2017 on Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.