Yet another realm balance suggestion.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
nebelwerfer

Re: Yet another realm balance suggestion.

Post#11 » Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:08 am

Great suggestion OP, but i think the premise wrong.

The issue is not the zerg. it is CC that is too weak leaving the underpopulated side without tools to disengage or properly situate themselves before taking a fight before they get overwhelmed.

Secondly. Once the cc issue is fixed there should be work done to create an enviroment where more martyr square tug of war esque brawls can happen. Fights need longevity, and we can learn from places where this happens.

Captured BOs can act like forward checkpoints from where you can respawn(like Lotd), guild banners can act like this aswell - so making a dramatic push on a keep won't necessarily wipe out a siege for example and same goes for the defenders. This will enable players to change it up from the campy idle gameplay that is characteristic of sieges and quite frankly stale.

M4 should be the tie-breaker in funnels and long fights, this aspect of the endgame is sadly all but forgotten.

Ads
Aethilmar

Post#12 » Thu Jul 13, 2023 6:14 pm

Zxul wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 10:05 pm The problem with zerg, realistically, is this- as long as rvr is about bringing all in zone into the same choke point (keep), the side with larger numbers will zerg, while the lower side will (since not liking getting smashed) xrealm/ log off (+few 6men/WH/WE hunting soloers with aao).

Only way it can be changed is to remove the forced choke point- if there are several points spread across the zone which need to be controlled to take the zone (instead of BOs being ignored once keep hits 2 stars), then the lower side can concentrate in specific point or two, and actually fight back.

The suggestion is the following:

1. Make controlling BOs give a large boost to keep door regen of the controlling side- if your side controls 2 BOs in zone, it will take a very long time to take your doors down with ram, if your side controls 3 BOs in zone your keep doors can't be taken down and will slowly regen even while being attacked by ram. If needed, also add dot on opposite side keep doors, per number of BOs controlled.

2. Make fighting at BOs give as much contribution as fighting at keep+ attacking lord, and make fighting at BOs give all relevant ticks including renown tick for killing lord.
Point #1 was actually tried in the past and it resulted in in more stalemates than today because even at 40% aao you can't attack the keep and control the BOs. If you don't care bout stalemates, that is fine, but you seem to be assuming that the zone resolution mechanics will stay as they are and if this was re-implemented it would have the same effect as before.

Anyway, fine start of an (old) idea but there are a bazillion knock-on effects you need to work out before it should be taken seriously.

Belanoite
Suspended

Post#13 » Thu Jul 13, 2023 6:42 pm

Wanna stop the zerg? Put an end on premade wbs. Remove wbs from the game and allow just parties. Things will get way harder to contol and player will be able to get into the battlefield without being smashed by a zerg of 3 wbs spaming GTDC.
The biggest problem of this game in orvr are the organized wbs. Always was, since the beginning! But then, someone will say "oh you're crazy and bla bla bla...". Well, you guys don't want to solve problems but change the tide to your side.

Caduceus

Post#14 » Thu Jul 13, 2023 7:12 pm

The war crest system and scheduled cities sadly did not work as hoped.

I hope the devs will not be stubborn and revert this change. It did not change the game in a positive way.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

Sulorie

Post#15 » Thu Jul 13, 2023 7:31 pm

Caduceus wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 7:12 pm The war crest system and scheduled cities sadly did not work as hoped.

I hope the devs will not be stubborn and revert this change. It did not change the game in a positive way.
Neither me nor you can speak for all here but some prefer the current system over the last iteration for several reasons.
Revert it and people will request to change it once more because the last system was bad and significant numbers wanted to change it.
Systems were not reworked because a handful disliked it.
Dying is no option.

jbrutal

Post#16 » Thu Jul 13, 2023 7:44 pm

I think its the killboard Org wb wants to farm pugs to climb the charts and some Org wb don't want to die so they stick to blob.

Edit: In fact im 100% sure this is the problem for example you have players who will not play this game unless its with the top guild or go against them. You also have players who will not log in unless they can 6man farm players in sc orvr.
Last edited by jbrutal on Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Caduceus

Post#17 » Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:17 pm

Sulorie wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 7:31 pm
Neither me nor you can speak for all here but some prefer the current system over the last iteration for several reasons.
Revert it and people will request to change it once more because the last system was bad and significant numbers wanted to change it.
Systems were not reworked because a handful disliked it.

I can't say that I've ever met a person who liked the changes.

There's no doubt in my mind that they have negatively impacted RvR in more ways than one.

If the changes are ever reverted, and they should be, then the people complaining about the situation can simply be told that it's been tried, and it didn't work out.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

Ninjagon

Post#18 » Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:45 pm

Belanoite wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 6:42 pm Wanna stop the zerg? Put an end on premade wbs. Remove wbs from the game and allow just parties. Things will get way harder to contol and player will be able to get into the battlefield without being smashed by a zerg of 3 wbs spaming GTDC.
The biggest problem of this game in orvr are the organized wbs. Always was, since the beginning! But then, someone will say "oh you're crazy and bla bla bla...". Well, you guys don't want to solve problems but change the tide to your side.
Organised warbands are the reason why this game was made for and why it is still played.
If you think that removing them would solve the "zerg problem", you are very naive.
Ninjab - The White Lion. RETRIBUTION guild.
Also: Velmires - WP, Carnow - KotbS, Ninjagon - BW, Nynja - SW, Stin - WH, and others.
Spoiler:

Ads
Belanoite
Suspended

Post#19 » Fri Jul 14, 2023 4:44 am

Ninjagon wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:45 pm
Belanoite wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 6:42 pm Wanna stop the zerg? Put an end on premade wbs. Remove wbs from the game and allow just parties. Things will get way harder to contol and player will be able to get into the battlefield without being smashed by a zerg of 3 wbs spaming GTDC.
Organised warbands are the reason why this game was made for and why it is still played.
If you think that removing them would solve the "zerg problem", you are very naive.
Said the guy of Bene Teilex. Predictable.
You just forgot to mention this game died because of it.

Sulorie

Post#20 » Fri Jul 14, 2023 5:31 am

Can you clarify, you say WAR died because of zerging?
Dying is no option.