Recent Topics

Ads

[BW] BiS gear - endgame

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)

Poll: What to pick

Sov+triumph+Nehe
67%
Onslaught+Sov
8%
Sov+triumph+sentinel
25%
Total votes: 12

xXBriLLiaNXx

[BW] BiS gear - endgame

Post#1 » Mon Jun 26, 2023 3:45 pm

Hi.I'm playing BW ~66rr right now. I'm not very experienced player but when I started to play I heard about saving war crests to buy BiS stuff in endgame. My friend suggest me to equip 3 triumph set, 5 sov + Nehe (and I've seen other players like this) but sometimes I saw Onslaught+sov or sov+triumph+sentinel. And I would like to know what's the difference between those sets and which one is the most reccommended :)

Sov+triumph+Nehe
https://imgur.com/LTInr8Q
Onslaught+Sov
https://imgur.com/txIcYLx
Sov+triumph+sentinel
https://imgur.com/Ak4C8Lj

Ads
lemao

Re: [BW] BiS gear - endgame

Post#2 » Mon Jun 26, 2023 4:47 pm

For pure AOE warband play you def want to go 4 onslaught + 4 sov.
The proc is perma up and boosts you AOE by quite a lot.

For single traget you can go a lot of different builds, it´s mostly preference.
Some prefer 5 sov + 4 triump.

Some prefer 5 sov + 2 triump + 2 sent for more crit but less wounds.

wonshot

Post#3 » Mon Jun 26, 2023 5:28 pm

The main difference would be that Onslaught is such a lower tier set that the itemlevel and the attribute stats on the pieces and 2piece setbonuses would be drastically lower, along with the armor of each piece.

The offensive firepower is close to being the same, but with the higher tier mix allowing for a slightly better spread of magicpower when you get Int overcapped (main stats get softcapped at 1050 int/str/balistic/willpower) and instead of going pass the softcap and losing some dimininish return value on getting more mainstat, you instead can go to get +magicpower and continue to gain 1:1 bonuddamage as if it was int. Just without getting the secondary bonus from your mainstat such as strikethrough from int, you dont get that from magicpower.

I ran onslaught mix for aoe build for the longest time, the proc can overwrite itself and provide you with close to perma uptime if you are hitting enough enemies.
But in the case of wanting to respec from time to time into Singletarget build the onslaught set were drastically worse for this build as the timestamp rotation is not great at giving BoostV proc chances and you are not hitting enough targets before the burst damage to make it worth while in this build.

Running Sove + LOTD is a very nice setup to run in both ST/AoE specs and it also provides you with the higher armor values on gear, higher stat values potentially opening up swapping out your int tactic and letting you run an other tactic if you should chose to do so.

Running sove+triump+lotd gives you a good portion of wounds also when you finish the ring grind. hope this helps.
There might be a tip or tick about BW over here also if you are interested:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/13Bf ... a0n12r60i0
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP
Gombling 85SH - Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 83Sorc - Destroling 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Zxul

Post#4 » Mon Jun 26, 2023 5:40 pm

Lets face it though, armor values on bw/sorc do not matter anyway. You can even not run the armor pot, and after a single wl/mara debuff you will mitigate just the same.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

lemao

Post#5 » Wed Jun 28, 2023 6:59 pm

Zxul wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 5:40 pm Lets face it though, armor values on bw/sorc do not matter anyway. You can even not run the armor pot, and after a single wl/mara debuff you will mitigate just the same.
Ye, it really doesn´t matter on bw if you have 300 armor more or less, let´s be real here. Wounds is way more important on classes with low armor.