Recent Topics

Ads

build help - sorc sov off gear

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Beacon

build help - sorc sov off gear

Post#1 » Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:30 pm

Hello, need some help on rr80sorc build.
I am about to get my sov gear, i roam alot and like to have 1v1 duels and discordant sc.
I see the off 7piece has a 10% chance to 40% slow for 10s which seems like it would be great for kiting, im thinking you could permaslow ppl this way? With the be wand which gives 80wounds+110on being hit and some tali/lini 10k hp is easy to reach too + add elixir and absorb vitality could really tank up this way as well. Ig you can just kite and debuff/dot for days with 100darkmagic and also not explode to wh. How viable do you guys think this is over voidlord set, since the +15crit dmg dont sound 2 appealing to me it just makes it from 100bonus dmg from darkmagic at 100 to 115 bonus dmg, crit chance is like 60% anyway with the renown perks. Here my build atm:
https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,9524,9528

Ads
Caduceus

Re: build help - sorc sov off gear

Post#2 » Wed Jun 14, 2023 3:13 pm

7p off sov isn't fantastic for solo, in my opinion. I would go with a mix to beef up your stats.

The issue is that it only procs on direct damage, which doesn't include a lot of your core single target abilities. It's a bit too unreliable for solo and as far as I know it cannot proc more than once every 10 seconds, so chaining snares is possible but unlikely.

A off sov/warlord mix is what I used when I did a lot of solo on my sorc (that was before Triumphant/Victorious came out). Warlord has a nice mix of stats including some toughness and HP regen.

You'll end up with low crit, but your dark magic will give you a decent amount by default and certain tactics like Chilling Gusts do not rely on crit.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

anarchypark

Re: build help - sorc sov off gear

Post#3 » Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:27 am

There must be a reason why that proc is attached to the AoE tree set.
As mentioned above, the 10% proc only triggers in direct damage,
so it may activate quite often in an AoE build, but it doesn't seem to be very effective in a DoT build.
If you need a snare, I think Arctic Blast is the best bet.

it seems like you want to go 1v1 against a WH.
In my experience, WH is currently the most OP class.
My advice is to disarm and root them, then simply run away. If you survive the KD. i doubt though.
setting up cannon fodder is your best option.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm6, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)