Recent Topics

Ads

return of reckoning age of the flag

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Tesq

Re: return of reckoning age of the flag

Post#11 » Wed May 03, 2023 3:53 pm

Spoiler:
Scottx125 wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 3:04 pm
Tesq wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 2:58 pm
Scottx125 wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 11:52 am
I agree with all except the Sov gear. The unified currency system isn't the issue. Neither are the rewards. Cities give tons of crests compared to other content. It just needs to be made fun and unlock more tangible benefits like dungeons, lots content etc.
This , maps need to be made fun not "balanced"

Imo rvr has being scenaried into something which is not open world. City should had been a t5 reserved for high levels only while give options to other to do an alt city of sort or even just watch stream in city.

Fortress that require strategy and realm coordination and not just balanced pop.

There has been great enphasis on balance pop numbers with no results which instead the aim should be two:
-make the thing funny
-give tool to wb to soak dmg vs zerg and beat zerg.

Increase dmg cap didnt work , it really didnt and it should be reverted if not eve better rethingnro rebalance melee vs caster aoe and rebalance wb/tanks soak dmg capacity.
I'll be honest I like the Scenario 24v24 format. Though it would make more sense if it was an open world event rather than an instanced one. I wouldn't mind it becoming an open world event but I'd definitely like a 24v24 event to remain. Maybe an arena or a tournament system done every so often or after one side wins a campaign, allowing guilds and pre-made wb's/groups to compete to gain access to exclusive rewards. Kind of like the Tournament in WOTLK before you charge into ICC.
Im not against 24 vs 24 it's just not the game focus which oRvR is. I cant say there is a better place for 24 vs 24, likely there isnt, tought i'd argue still to make citys into an open zone (maybe could use some city for wb vs wb and some as open zone) due the fact that these 24 vs 24 format yet again it appeal to a minority all in all due it's nature of close enviroment. Which is/was the same prob of rankek/grupup sc. If the skill is very unequal the scenario is not fun and ppl will simply quit.

Also once aknowledge that we had a ranked format that was perfect the way it was with no gear inside, the moment it became gear linked it ruined it. The quality was high and every one partaking in it knew what do, it was a blast a niche for ppl that liked that niche it had potential to grow on its own by quality ppl. Then it got ruined by Introding gear carot.

For these reason i will keep support city as sort of t5 (of course made with logic and not simply 5 flag into the zone) and open fort (again fort need to be made into a zone with attackers wc attack able and not all forts made just open) there must be some logic and adjustement into these transition but im positive they would make game better.

Imo we should start from fort rewamp
Last edited by Tesq on Wed May 03, 2023 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Everdin

Post#12 » Wed May 03, 2023 4:10 pm

zgolec wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 12:17 pm ...also remove killboard from game entirely. Maybe just leave it for rankeds or all scenarios. That alone would make this community less sh***y...
Nope, the community was same amount of sh***y
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

bottlecups

Post#13 » Sat May 06, 2023 6:36 am

greenskins and dwarfs got a main city (kk and KP) why cant we open them up for rvr?
empire / chaos got a main city ( IC and altdrof) we fight in there...
high elf and dark elf = no city.. = wtf

where is the big super city for all?

Everdin

Post#14 » Sat May 06, 2023 6:48 am

bottlecups wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 6:36 am greenskins and dwarfs got a main city (kk and KP) why cant we open them up for rvr?

City Siege is more then "City is open now, go and have fun"

The original developers abandonded the city cause they don't want to put more effort in the game and just do quick money.

Dwarf city is open because some devs spend a lot of time to make it a living place. And If the community don't act like little kiddys grumbling about every little problem, they maybe have time for the elf City. Just be thankfull they do a good job or ask If you can help them.
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

Fallenkezef

Post#15 » Sat May 06, 2023 6:56 am

Another "I have full sov and want to make it harder for the new players to get theirs" post.
Alea iacta est

gman4gov

Post#16 » Sat May 06, 2023 7:30 am

The Black Crag map needs desperate fixing or portals. The terrain is not fun
Order seems to capture many forts at early hours with maybe a WB and a half. Allow pairing wins to city possible with X amount of players, not just a warband.
Maybe to lighten things up, change up the the pairings by winning all 3 maps to have an elusive fight at LOTD? 2 cents

bottlecups

Post#17 » Sat May 06, 2023 10:13 am

Everdin wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 6:48 am
bottlecups wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 6:36 am greenskins and dwarfs got a main city (kk and KP) why cant we open them up for rvr?

City Siege is more then "City is open now, go and have fun"

The original developers abandonded the city cause they don't want to put more effort in the game and just do quick money.

Dwarf city is open because some devs spend a lot of time to make it a living place. And If the community don't act like little kiddys grumbling about every little problem, they maybe have time for the elf City. Just be thankfull they do a good job or ask If you can help them.

you hammer it

thats why the game has become a care bear based game. only thos who work as a team clean up in this game.

Fallenkezef wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 6:56 am Another "I have full sov and want to make it harder for the new players to get theirs" post.
who runs full sov?? only newbs do. i hope u dont if u talk as highly as u do.

show me where i said lets change the flow of gear?

Svartypops

Post#18 » Mon May 15, 2023 8:06 pm

I dunno what game this is, but I remember WAR being good.

THIS on the other hand ... isn't good.

Maybe that's the rose-tinted glasses, but omg, something is extremely wrong. Whether it's the truly awful gear/stat disparity or something else, but this RvR sucks bigtime.

Ads
Martok

Post#19 » Mon May 15, 2023 9:14 pm

zgolec wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 12:17 pm...also remove killboard from game entirely. Maybe just leave it for rankeds or all scenarios. That alone would make this community less sh***y...

What zgolec said.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Zxul

Post#20 » Mon May 15, 2023 9:24 pm

Svartypops wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 8:06 pm I dunno what game this is, but I remember WAR being good.

THIS on the other hand ... isn't good.

Maybe that's the rose-tinted glasses, but omg, something is extremely wrong. Whether it's the truly awful gear/stat disparity or something else, but this RvR sucks bigtime.
Remind what did you actually liked doing back in the day in WAR, compare it to the same thing today, and see what changed. Your answer is there.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh