Recent Topics

Ads

yet another thread about choosing a class

Let's talk about... everything else
amputationsaw

Re: yet another thread about choosing a class

Post#11 » Thu May 04, 2023 11:07 am

Toggle wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 9:50 pm People will say tank/healer over and over. Then people make a tank/healer, and like I have experienced over and over, sit in /5 for 20 or 30 minutes asking for a group. If you’re alright with that, then by all means, roll one of those two. If you want to be able to hop on and start doing stuff immediately, then roll a DPS.

I used to main zealot/RP, but I got tired of looking for groups all of the time, so I went shammy/AM instead. Group looking for healer? Got it. Nobody asking for anything or responding to /5 offers, then I just go DPS spec and solo. Either way, I get to log on and just play. Much more enjoyable for me.
you can sit in IC and wait an 1 or 2 as dps and you won't find a group, doesnt matter if Tank, heal dps whatever.
you can log on and just play as tank or heal as well lol. i don't get your point that nobody responds in /5 when you are on tank/heal. why should they respond when you are a dps?
whats the point of rolling a dps and solo when you don't win sc's because nobody plays Tank/heal? makes no sense to me. you have much harder time finding a group as a dps and when you solo que as tank/heal your work can make a difference in pugs, especially as a healer. sure you can roam solo as dps but you need high rr and gear for that

at the end of the day it depends on what you wanna play. solo play as dps didnt made me happy because other tasks in pvp are more important

Ads
amputationsaw

Post#12 » Thu May 04, 2023 11:17 am

Everyone says "roll a healer, pick a healer" and then you end up with 8 of them in single scenario with 2 tanks, not to say that 7 out of 8 of them will be dps spec due to getting constantly matched with other healers.
sure this happens sometimes. happend to me too. but its mostly 10 dps and 1 healer in a solo sc, for me most of the time. i think its useless to talk about the que system because it just throws a random number of players in no matter whats classes they are

Toggle

Post#13 » Sat May 06, 2023 2:26 pm

amputationsaw wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 11:07 am
Toggle wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 9:50 pm People will say tank/healer over and over. Then people make a tank/healer, and like I have experienced over and over, sit in /5 for 20 or 30 minutes asking for a group. If you’re alright with that, then by all means, roll one of those two. If you want to be able to hop on and start doing stuff immediately, then roll a DPS.

I used to main zealot/RP, but I got tired of looking for groups all of the time, so I went shammy/AM instead. Group looking for healer? Got it. Nobody asking for anything or responding to /5 offers, then I just go DPS spec and solo. Either way, I get to log on and just play. Much more enjoyable for me.
you can sit in IC and wait an 1 or 2 as dps and you won't find a group, doesnt matter if Tank, heal dps whatever.
you can log on and just play as tank or heal as well lol. i don't get your point that nobody responds in /5 when you are on tank/heal. why should they respond when you are a dps?
whats the point of rolling a dps and solo when you don't win sc's because nobody plays Tank/heal? makes no sense to me. you have much harder time finding a group as a dps and when you solo que as tank/heal your work can make a difference in pugs, especially as a healer. sure you can roam solo as dps but you need high rr and gear for that

at the end of the day it depends on what you wanna play. solo play as dps didnt made me happy because other tasks in pvp are more important
The point being, I don't log in on a DPS and sit. I go zerg surf or solo roam. That's pointless on a tank or healer because you don't get anything for it. At least with a DPS, I may get some RR and crests. My point was that people constantly say order/destro needs tanks/healers, but I advertise to do both constantly in /5 and don't get anyone looking for one. So, they aren't as lacking as people think. You don't need gear and high RR to solo roam as a DPS, some maybe, but I do just fine on my baby sorc/BW.
Shaman - 40/8X
Zealot - 40/8X [Retired]
AM - 40/8X
RP - 40/7X [Retired]