WL exploits.. lets chat

Let's talk about... everything else
reynor007

Re: WL exploits.. lets chat

Post#31 » Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:43 am

Mordd wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:55 am
reynor007 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:08 am
Mordd wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:00 am
This is flat out false on basically every point.
your interupt, KD or silence argument is hallow. A BW could if the stars all aligned perfectly in theory get a KD is speced for it or a silence off. If in the cast time you could first of all target the mara in the blob and then manage after GCD and ping lag get the cast off in the .2 second window anyone outside of the EU would have. Even EU players would have less than a half second.
You cant parry it...
Mara pull is broken so once its started you can run as far as you want. the range doesnt matter, walls dont matter, hills dont matter. it will pull you as far as it takes and through any terrain.

The WL pull if you cant see the lion slowly running at you through the tanks and normally shammy puddles for a pull and it doesnt get KD or you dont simply turn and run away from it.....
WL pets will not pass through keep doors if the WL is out side. But maras can pull with no issues.
WL fetch CAN and often is parried.
I will not engage in dialogue with you after you wrote that pull mara cannot be parried
good luck
as I recall it gets disrupted not parried unless it changed with the file system patch that broke its second check and made it unlimited range and walls and mountains and othe obstacles dont matter.
Either way thats not something a player can control besides trying to stack parry.
I play on WH, I can always use repel or m1 or Sanctified Oil 100% protected from this ability
playing on WE I can never defend against WL pull just because I can't see it
WH - mdpv 80+
WE - Witchrage 80+

Ads
Ninjagon

Post#32 » Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:17 pm

Mordd wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:51 am
SepticDisaster wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:27 am White Lion pulls are just as frustrating to Destro as Mara pulls are for Order, make no mistake. It’s just that Order has to contend with the constant absurdity that is Choppa pulls which is infuriating. I’ve been the victim of all of these on both sides many times and they are always frustrating, I just feel like Marauder pulls get QQ’d about to such extent due to compounded pull frustration on Order.
Mara pull is talked about far more for MANY reason.

WL pull the pet has to run to the target and can be CCd or killed on the way.
The pet will then pull the person to the spot the pull was originated from. So if the WL moves the target is not close to them.

Mara pull is just a beam. once the beam is initiated there is no stopping the pull now.
It will pull you through walls, through hills, and it doesnt matter how far you run or how far away the mara runs, leading to pulls well over 100'.
You will land where the mara is standing at the end.
The mara can immediately knock you down now. The WL can not even if specced for KD as the pet is what does the KD and its going to be back where you were pulled from.
Mara pull works through keep doors. Wl does not as the pet will not go through a keep door unless the WL enters. So at sieges baring very rare pull engies.
Destro has no worry of being pulled through the door.

I am active on both sides. I have an 80 bis choppa. the difference is night and day when it comes to pulls.
Indeed! (thumb up)
Ninjab - The White Lion. RETRIBUTION guild.
Also: Velmires - WP, Carnow - KotbS, Ninjagon - BW, Nynja - SW, Stin - WH, and others.
Spoiler:

Grranimal

Post#33 » Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:21 pm

I agree nerf'em!

Nerf WL pulls down to Mara or Choppa style.

Let's also nerf Leonine Frenzy down to Squigbeast level and call it a day.

End the OP! (what is your WE name Mpdv?)

Nameless

Post#34 » Sat Nov 19, 2022 7:30 am

It is not about nerfing, it is fixing. Just bring second chek for distance at the end of mara pull and many problems will go away. Yea the pull wont be so exploitable and op but still usefull when done right and not just mindlessly spammed
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Mordd

Post#35 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:19 am

reynor007 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:43 am
reynor007 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:08 am

I will not engage in dialogue with you after you wrote that pull mara cannot be parried
good luck
as I recall it gets disrupted not parried unless it changed with the file system patch that broke its second check and made it unlimited range and walls and mountains and othe obstacles dont matter.
Either way thats not something a player can control besides trying to stack parry.
I play on WH, I can always use repel or m1 or Sanctified Oil 100% protected from this ability
You cant see a lion running ponderously at you. most targets trying to pull see it fine and just turn and run away to stop it. No need to use an M! or oil to stop it.

tvbrowntown
Suspended

Post#36 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:24 am

Mordd wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:19 am
You cant see a lion running ponderously at you. most targets trying to pull see it fine and just turn and run away to stop it. No need to use an M! or oil to stop it.
Can't cancel this pull like you can a mara pull cause there is no time to do it.

zulnam

Post#37 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:57 am

Thought this was gonna be a chat about how WL can change lion form buffs without even a global cooldown while SW and mara have 5 second cooldowns on their by-design stances.

janky 2001 engine physics complaints? lol, there's a reason why this game didn't make it bruh.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Lithenir

Post#38 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:53 am

tvbrowntown wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:24 am
Mordd wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:19 am

Can't cancel this pull like you can a mara pull cause there is no time to do it.
Yes you can. Just CC the pet and run away. The WL and pet have to be within 65 feet, if you push the fetch a second too late, the target is out of range.
If the Mara pushes the fetch and I am out of range a second later it doesn't matter.

Ads