Recent Topics

Ads

Population cap for attackers during forts

Let's talk about... everything else
zulnam

Re: Population cap for attackers during forts

Post#11 » Thu Mar 17, 2022 8:36 am

I remember this is how it used to work in the past; but perhaps I've missed a patch note.

Should probably be reinstated to give the odd hour players a chance.

With the warfront maybe it will even have the side effect of balancing the factions out a bit, since odd hours tend to be hilariously one sided when it comes to numbers.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Ads
Everdin

Post#12 » Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:01 am

Stahn123 wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:26 pm Wait, wasn't it not that long ago where it was 100+ Order vs about 20 destro several times a day in forts? I remember IC being invaded 2-3 times in a 24 hour period by Order, and Order had nothing to say about it except "organize warbands" which of course is the dumbest thing you can say when out numbered that badly. It makes no sense. Suddenly those same players are now asking for changes that benefit them while ignoring the original problem when it was Destro's and it benefitted them? Talk about hypocrisy.

The dev's aren't going to make adjustments, their own words and you can find them here on the forums if you dig far enough. But, then you are on Order and when Order complains enough magically things get changed when it was a hard no otherwise. So, I suppose you can keep complaining, hopefully the answer stays a hard no for a while though. Destro went through over half a year of this crap and it was perfectly fine in the Order mind. Don't expect many Destro to suddenly jump on that bandwagon to support you after they got screwed for 2/3 of a year+ they'll ride the wave while they've got it before admitting a change needs to be made simply because they were held back so long before.
Don't want to take any side here, just waited for the right place to write it down before anyone writes "oRdEr Is DoMiNaTiNg ThE wHoLe YeAr" in November/December:

Destro now dominating for 3 month!
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

Tanski

Post#13 » Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:34 pm

Guys this isn’t about organization or “git gud” , this is objectively bad for the game. Fort last night was 140 to 50. We did have an 70 + organized wb in the fort but it didn’t matter with those numbers . Something needs to be done about it or people are just gonna stop playing.

This reminds me of when forts were released that during NA hours, everyone would push to fort on their destro chars and swap to order to defend, resulting in like 120 defenders to 30 attackers... there I was farming invader on my BG like a pleb. Pop dropped significantly until the Peon video. But devs implemented lockout, and problem was largely but not completely addressed. Zerging isn't as denerate gameplay as that but its also an issue that needs to be addressed.
75+ BG
80 Choppa/slyer
80 wl
70 + sm
70 bw/sorc
80 wh, we
60 sham/am

Aethilmar

Post#14 » Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:19 pm

Tanski wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:34 pm Guys this isn’t about organization or “git gud” , this is objectively bad for the game. Fort last night was 140 to 50. We did have an 70 + organized wb in the fort but it didn’t matter with those numbers . Something needs to be done about it or people are just gonna stop playing.

This reminds me of when forts were released that during NA hours, everyone would push to fort on their destro chars and swap to order to defend, resulting in like 120 defenders to 30 attackers... there I was farming invader on my BG like a pleb. Pop dropped significantly until the Peon video. But devs implemented lockout, and problem was largely but not completely addressed. Zerging isn't as denerate gameplay as that but its also an issue that needs to be addressed.
So the folks for whom gear progression is endgame want to keep it "as is" for as long as possible so they can farm.

The "aggrieved" folks just want to see "the other side" hurt because they feel like they've been hurt for whatever reason (its a game, man, chillax).

The loyalists on the side getting pummeled are going to start to fade away b/c they can't win, they can't hit the new weekly and that all "feels bad".

At some point in the future, the tide will turn and the loyalists on the currently dominant side will have the same problem.

I have no idea what the devs are thinking. This has happened before and was completely predictable. Not sure if it is stubbornness, indifference, distraction or malice (or some combination of them all). But here we are again.

sh0tcalla

Post#15 » Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:21 am

There is a cap. I know tons of players, myself included whom on more than one occasion, not offered a ticket to the big show at a fort attack and we had to wait outside. It doesnt let everyone in. Those population numbers you put in must include also the destro who were in the zone but not allowed to enter. It is working as intended, so this post should be closed.

dalen
Developer

Post#16 » Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:26 am

Aethilmar wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:51 pm So the next available mechanic for counter-zerging is to re-institute the cap on maximum attackers for fort to be what it used to be. Feel free to zerg away to push fort but give defenders on the under-populated realm (whoever it may be at the moment) some chance to actually fight back.
There's been no change to the fort population caps in more than a year.

The issue is that it is handing out reservation to both sides, but then a lot of the defenders that get reservations don't show up, while a higher percentage of the attackers that get reservations show up.
Source Developer

Cultist

Post#17 » Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:46 am

If I had time I'd look up for some diehard Order players' comments not a long while ago.
I like to play on Destro side, so I'm a little bit biased as well but gotta say: We had to endure more than half a year of getting farmed, I even did some questions to the Staff on the 3rd July 2021 Q&As you can check and their reply was basically "there is nothing wrong", so why would it be different now? You know, this is a like a pendulum, odds may be against you for a long time but they get on your favour past that time. Maybe, just maybe, some Order players got all the stuff they wanted playing Order and now they want to level up their characters on Destro? Lots of players have characters on both realms, just a few of us are more inclined to playing on a particular realm no matter what.

e: typo

e2: Having said the above paragraph I'm all-in for any change to combat population imbalance, I know it doesn't feel right.
Last edited by Cultist on Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

Toshutkidup

Post#18 » Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:02 am

The fort system is fine, already have a population cap based on attackers, can’t have it based off of defenders. If players don’t wish to play on one side and Zerg zones, that’s on players.
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup

Ads
Parallell86

Post#19 » Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:07 am

You had to realise by now there is a portion of players who organise or are organised. Who jump from side to side. But there is also a portion of players who roam casually not taking part of the organised gameplay at all, they wont sit through the 'being farmed into the ground' sessions with a smile. They gonna follow the tide, when numbers flip against them and they fear they wont get what they came for, they jump the fence too. So a 24 man can drag another 20 with them.

And I have to say it, this topic wouldnt excist if it was the other way around. This fort was in destro's favour. Now it's a problem. It wasn't a problem for Order players when the zerging was in their favour.

I will be speechless the day an order player creates a topic saying "We outnumbered destro 140 to 50 in fort."

Everdin

Post#20 » Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:34 am

Parallell86 wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:07 am You had to realise by now there is a portion of players who organise or are organised. Who jump from side to side. But there is also a portion of players who roam casually not taking part of the organised gameplay at all, they wont sit through the 'being farmed into the ground' sessions with a smile. They gonna follow the tide, when numbers flip against them and they fear they wont get what they came for, they jump the fence too. So a 24 man can drag another 20 with them.

And I have to say it, this topic wouldnt excist if it was the other way around. This fort was in destro's favour. Now it's a problem. It wasn't a problem for Order players when the zerging was in their favour.

I will be speechless the day an order player creates a topic saying "We outnumbered destro 140 to 50 in fort."
Thank the warhammer gods, these topics are always created by order players!
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs