Recent Topics

Ads

ALToholics are pushed away..

Let's talk about... everything else
Elzog

Re: ALToholics are pushed away..

Post#11 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:34 am

How about learning to play the class instead of using NB ?
The update is fine, it made the game much more enjoyable for a lot of players. Stop whining.

Ads
Uberlix

Post#12 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:55 am

Rochaid29 wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:09 pm
saupreusse wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:38 am
space44 wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 2:35 am

...What?
...Que?
this sums it up for me. someone with a "dev" tag just continuing to derail a player's post in which he points out some very real issues, the addon aside, and this is your reply.

Feels awfully similar in so many words as another of these fine players here in another post calling casuals and people who have limited playtime due to real life obligations like bills, family, work "bots".

pretty disappointing.

WWWWWAAAAAGGGGGHHHH!

Xiander

Post#13 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:01 am

So i decided to start from scratch, made new character did 6 weekend scenarios during the weekend (4 wins, 2 losses and kill count was 162/200 according to event tab) and between the ques i did T1 oRvR. So i'm R8/RR13 with 50% done, for the T1 set i need 62 war crests total, currently i have 44 so i'm off by 18 and in two levels i need 50 more for the weapons.

So i can't help but think that the lower set items costs don't really line up compared to space you will be levelling and gaining war crests, from doing the scenarios and oRvR, at least the T1 set, and before the patch you pretty much had the scenario set done when you reached the R8 and plenty of spare for the weapons also.

But since i have only tested this with one character, i don't know if this will be always the case. So i would be really interested to hear if someone actually managed to get different results, and actually managed to get enough war crests to afford the T1 set by the time they are R8 for the full set requirement.

Farrul

Post#14 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:16 am

That's why i suggested in the Patch Thread that lowbie gear/T3 should have the old currency back, up to officier meds. For the time being farm your lowbie weapons in PQs/epic t4 quest(lvl 36) until these insane prices are brought down to reasonable levels again.

Morradin

Post#15 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:21 am

Rochaid29 wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:09 pm
saupreusse wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:38 am
space44 wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 2:35 am

...What?
...Que?
this sums it up for me. someone with a "dev" tag just continuing to derail a player's post in which he points out some very real issues, the addon aside, and this is your reply.

Feels awfully similar in so many words as another of these fine players here in another post calling casuals and people who have limited playtime due to real life obligations like bills, family, work "bots".

pretty disappointing.

Sadly there is no one that casuals like us can blame except ourselves. Why? Because casuals are never asked for input. Period.

Sure, the devs create player focus groups for input, and kudos to them for it. But who joins? Who has the time to play and be in a focus group? People who can devote all day, or a sizable chunk, every day, to recreation. Also, if you have ever disagreed with the direction the devs are taking the game, that is automatically a no no, to joining these groups, and you are not chosen. Casual PUGers like us do not have time for this.

So yes, the game will be skewed to the elites side. People with gaming mouse and gaming keyboards have all the advantages of NB, but did not want casual players with a 20 dollar keyboard and mouse combo (which serves me just fine outside of game thank you), to have the same advantages. And so the campaign against NB. And they even fight against tweaking the sequencer add on. But are fine with add ons that auto target who needs healing the most, and who needs guard switched to, etc.

I work, make sure my transplant patient spouse gets all the meds she needs, and try to relax a few hrs a night on WARHAMMER. My joy was leveling up alts. I found it fun and relaxing.

Not anymore ...

MMXX43

Post#16 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:52 pm

Talladego wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:18 am
Omegus wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 1:23 am
mynban wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:53 pmRemoval of NB was a big blow to people who rolls alts
...what?
Because it made it easier to learn a new class without having to memorize a completely new keyboard config.
Without it there is no way I would have bothered leveling all 24 classes to r40.
Lol are you not the one got caught still using NB ? LOL

Littleone

Post#17 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:07 pm

You are all missing the fact the new system makes the gear grind a longer process. It is oke as long as you have a main to jump onto sometimes and feel competitive but it sucks to start the game from zero and be a piñata for probably a few months to come. The gear gap is not it used to be and the new currency system for sure extended the exposition of newbies to that gap. Funny part is you still need to grind for devaslator gear for hours as someone stated above. You need to grind all of them sets up until Sov. and not everyone feels that patient especially when you have just decided to give RoR a shot and learning the game as you process.
Last edited by Littleone on Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Meliannia

Post#18 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:16 pm

Hail all,
I think going forwards this has bene a good change as there is no rng cheating anymore for desired bag drops
also the crest are fine crests are thrown at you like there is no tomorrow

but the actual conversion change to the crests was brutal punishing on new players and ppl lower lev and those trying to gear up they recived next to nothgin for weeks of play
also people who had worked damn hard to to get to 39/51 or 39/56 to move straight to 3 pieces vanq were annhiltaed as now they have nothing and had to go all the way back and buy all the sets of gear they never wanted nor needed

also high lev people who bought gloves and boots for guildies and alts also have to spend 1000 crests just gaining access to the traders again by buying all the prior sets

So its been a mixed bag, some got Yasmine Bleethe from Baywatch some got Grotbags from the Pink Windmill.

Ads
Elzog

Post#19 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:08 pm

Xiander wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:01 am So i decided to start from scratch, made new character did 6 weekend scenarios during the weekend (4 wins, 2 losses and kill count was 162/200 according to event tab) and between the ques i did T1 oRvR. So i'm R8/RR13 with 50% done, for the T1 set i need 62 war crests total, currently i have 44 so i'm off by 18 and in two levels i need 50 more for the weapons.

So i can't help but think that the lower set items costs don't really line up compared to space you will be levelling and gaining war crests, from doing the scenarios and oRvR, at least the T1 set, and before the patch you pretty much had the scenario set done when you reached the R8 and plenty of spare for the weapons also.

But since i have only tested this with one character, i don't know if this will be always the case. So i would be really interested to hear if someone actually managed to get different results, and actually managed to get enough war crests to afford the T1 set by the time they are R8 for the full set requirement.
Go into rvr.

Xiander

Post#20 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:13 pm

Elzog wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:08 pm
Xiander wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:01 am So i decided to start from scratch, made new character did 6 weekend scenarios during the weekend (4 wins, 2 losses and kill count was 162/200 according to event tab) and between the ques i did T1 oRvR. So i'm R8/RR13 with 50% done, for the T1 set i need 62 war crests total, currently i have 44 so i'm off by 18 and in two levels i need 50 more for the weapons.

Go into rvr.
Like i said i did T1 oRvR between the scenario que, so i have no idea what you mean with "Go into rvr."