Recent Topics

Ads

[Official] Addon Repository

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Dana
Former Staff

Re: Addons

Post#51 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:25 pm

Depends on addons - some addons you can change the language
"A danger foreseen is a danger avoided."

Dana - WE
Horsegirl - DoK

Ads
berserkgatsu

Post#52 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:09 pm

Ill take a look then, ty so much

Archer

Post#53 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:12 pm

the lua api is in english if that is what you are asking?

little exert from one to show what i mean:

Code: Select all

if handler then
        local success, errmsg = pcall(handler, args)
        if not success then
            EA_ChatWindow.Print(L"An error occured with the supplied slash command - please report this to the addon Author:")
            EA_ChatWindow.Print(towstring(errmsg))
        end
    end
'
so this addon will be 'hard-coded' to english. to get a .de version all need to do is create an edited version to this

Code: Select all

if handler then
        local success, errmsg = pcall(handler, args)
        -- display an actual error message and fail gracefully if something goes wrong
        if not success then
            EA_ChatWindow.Print(L"Ein Fehler ist aufgetreten mit dem mitgelieferten Schrägstrich Befehl - bitte melden Sie dies das Addon Autor:")
            EA_ChatWindow.Print(towstring(errmsg))
        end
    end

loonbg

Post#54 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:00 am

it will be good if some one start to start work on quest helper bcs now quests is not show in server

loonbg

Post#55 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:05 am

Some one with good lua skill can make some exapmle for quest healper ( like this in wow )
bcs i know that in game will be hard to be decoded all quest position .. and now is hard to find some quests

p.p if some one add some expample for quest healper i will add all other quest location (and will test all quests)

Grolar

Post#56 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:42 am

I hope some of these addon's will work :)...just sayin. I haven't used them, but they seem pretty nice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JN50pc ... redirect=1
THUMP - "MEDIOCRE!!" ...Who's laughing now?

JeFawk

Post#57 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:46 am

loonbg wrote:Some one with good lua skill can make some exapmle for quest healper ( like this in wow )
bcs i know that in game will be hard to be decoded all quest position .. and now is hard to find some quests

p.p if some one add some expample for quest healper i will add all other quest location (and will test all quests)

This addon would need a few months if an expert codes it.

DR4296

Post#58 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:07 pm

One key problem: A lot of addons that I'm finding don't have any guide or descriptions on how to use them. Some pop up in the Addon manager, but only for enabling or disabling. "Think out loud" is one example. (That one doesn't seem to work anyways. It has one "default" skill-chat-chain that isn't working.)

Ads
Elven
Former Staff

Post#59 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:13 pm

Most add on's won't work at all. I know there is a handful that sort of work, but not properly.

DR4296

Post#60 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:21 pm

I'm looking at a list of, like, 50 of them, and I have no idea what 98% of them do! <grin!> I just can't remember most of them. And even if the name is familiar, I sure don't remember how to call up their controls.

I can report that "CaVES" (Character View Expanded Stats) half-works: Its expanded view WILL show your stats, if you hover over them (in other words, the "Tooltips" work). However, they do not display in the table in that view, nor does it appear to "save" their records for later comparison.

Healgrid works, but we learned last night that if you run it, you'll suffer some pretty heavy lag when you are actually healing.