Patch Notes 20/05/2021

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Kheriell

Re: Patch Notes 20/05/2021

Post#351 » Sat May 22, 2021 3:00 am

Shogun4138 wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 1:20 am As a quick shooting squig herder 80+.... This sucks and I've wasted too much time for this. 65ft = death 95% of the time. Less damage, I should be used to that of course. So ill just make a WE.

I do appreciate all the work the Dev's put in of course. I also hope for lotd in the near future even if tombs are not up.
oooh, please stop cry, SW is 65 ft when skirmish, and almost all SW are this spec, and we don't die 95% of the time, just get ur fingers out of ur a.. and try, u'll see it's playable, more dangerous, but playable

Ads
sharpblader

Post#352 » Sat May 22, 2021 3:18 am

tvbrowntown wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 2:29 am
Shogun4138 wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 1:20 am As a quick shooting squig herder 80+.... This sucks and I've wasted too much time for this. 65ft = death 95% of the time. Less damage, I should be used to that of course. So ill just make a WE.

I do appreciate all the work the Dev's put in of course. I also hope for lotd in the near future even if tombs are not up.

Too many jerkoff order players crying about SH because they get caught out of the protection of their zerg is one of the reasons SH is now dead. Also, LOTD looks like it's never coming because devs are putting their effort in to a ranked system less than 3% of the population on the server uses at any given time.

Nerfing the realm whose city is sieged daily... Obviously things aren't going well for destro morale -- but a nerf as well? Oof.
rSH had high damage and high escape. In 1v1 against melee they could slow, and stun on the move while using strong instant damage abilities. Yes it was only 65 feet range but it was very easy to maintain distance against a melee enemy. Anytime an enemy came close, rSH could just self punt, if they came close again, they could SA and punt them. By the time the enemy comes close the 3rd time, rSH could stun again because the immunity on their stun lasts for only 20 seconds.

To conclude, they had very limited counterplay, which in the hands of a skilled player was very deadly.

Who reaches city is hardly defined by balance. It's decided by numbers and coordination.
Last edited by sharpblader on Sat May 22, 2021 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shogun4138

Post#353 » Sat May 22, 2021 3:42 am

Kheriell wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 3:00 am

oooh, please stop cry, SW is 65 ft when skirmish, and almost all SW are this spec, and we don't die 95% of the time, just get ur fingers out of ur a.. and try, u'll see it's playable, more dangerous, but playable
Thank you for your needless feed back Karen.
Gogo 80we
Mudflinga 81rSH
Zenzo chosen**

Kheriell

Post#354 » Sat May 22, 2021 3:44 am

Shogun4138 wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 3:42 am

was a pleasure Toto, now go back in game an learn to play with you new abilities ;)

Shogun4138

Post#355 » Sat May 22, 2021 4:03 am

Kheriell wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 3:44 am
Shogun4138 wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 3:42 am

was a pleasure Toto, now go back in game an learn to play with you new abilities ;)
Look Karen, Im 80+ and damn near soloed my way. These are not new abilities, these are nerfed abilities because people like you can't kill a rsh. Seriously, every class should be able to kill a rsh. If not then your a button smasher.
Gogo 80we
Mudflinga 81rSH
Zenzo chosen**

Andack

Post#356 » Sat May 22, 2021 4:20 am

sharpblader wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 3:18 am

Too many jerkoff order players crying about SH because they get caught out of the protection of their zerg is one of the reasons SH is now dead. Also, LOTD looks like it's never coming because devs are putting their effort in to a ranked system less than 3% of the population on the server uses at any given time.

Nerfing the realm whose city is sieged daily... Obviously things aren't going well for destro morale -- but a nerf as well? Oof.
rSH had high damage and high escape. In 1v1 against melee they could slow, and stun on the move while using strong instant damage abilities. Yes it was only 65 feet range but it was very easy to maintain distance against a melee enemy. Anytime an enemy came close, rSH could just self punt, if they came close again, they could SA and punt them. By the time the enemy comes close the 3rd time, rSH could stun again because the immunity on their stun lasts for only 20 seconds.

To conclude, they had very limited counterplay, which in the hands of a skilled player was very deadly.

Who reaches city is hardly defined by balance. It's decided by numbers and coordination.

Only drawback was their 65 feet range.
Yeah and because of that they nerfed... MSH, we lost our stun, our speed and our dps. What the logic behind that ? We are now the only melee witout any CC, the only CC we had is a disarm of a squig who bug half of the time and is easly dead.

I read "MSH had 2 stun", no RSH had 2 stun ! MSH have 1 stun, we dont use the range stun, to dangerous so just move the melee stun up the branch and nerf the speed from 70% to 60-50% but 25% realy ? Because it's a channel ability easy to cancel and it derstroy AP as hell, that's the logic here.

ztil

Post#357 » Sat May 22, 2021 8:10 am

Well actually even rSH had to spec into the melee tree to get bounce, it was already changed to not be a core ability so the problem with squig having 2 kd’s was already fixed. Removing kd on bounce now was just unnecessary, especially if the argument was about squigs having too many kd’s.

In my opinion the Msh is a pretty handicapped class nowadays and this last patch unfortunately just adds to this even further. Just like the rSH lost ALL of it's aoe abilities the Msh lost most if not ALL of it's ST tools. Git Ém was turned into a weak aoe-ability instead of a ST burst ability. (used to be similar to what WL coordinated strike is with a tactic that now gives it aoe), M1 Squig Beast which I suspect was implemented to kind of counter that change is now nerfed. Both Gap Closers are nerfed. The MSH ST Stun ability is removed. The MSH interrupt ability is removed. The MSH ST Sneaky strike ability is removed (another hard hitting ST ability). So if you want to do SC's or ranked(which you really, REALLY should not do) as a MSH you only have fluf-dmging AOE-abilities to use. Bad gas, big bouncin, git'em, bounce. They all do 20-30 ft aoe dmg in the range of 300-500 per second before mitigation and you have no Heal debuff as Msh. You can't burst anything down with this toolkit, especially not something that is getting healed. Also you have no aoe detaunt, you have no ability to break slows, no postern bypass, no abilities to dmg oil etc. It’s basically a pretty weak AOE-bot with CDI. Intended for oRvR only. However in oRvR it’s viability can be questionable. Squig leap range reduction and Outta my way speed reduced makes it hard to get back into a fight when you’re punted into oblivion. Especially since you have no ability to break slows/roots.

It makes me sad after spending so many thousands of hours playing a class (played it for 3+ years now), gearing it up and so on to see it getting reworked/nerfed into something that is not really wanted anymore. And Unfortunately removing CDR from BO also nerfs the MSH.

The way MSH is designed it requires as much CDR uptime as possible to make viable dmg (using big bouncing over and over which in itself is pretty easy to just interrupt). So you always wanted a choppa and a BO in group taking turns to run CDR. You can’t stack 2 choppas like you can stack 2 SMs as someone suggested because the class needing the cdr is also a dps. I guess the idea is to replace the need for CDR on squig by giving Bounce AOE, but it’s only 20 feet, does less dmg and costs almost double AP with the only positive thing being that it is spammable.

I would have preferred if Big bouncin was reworked into a spammable ability instead with the same AP cost(20/a), same dmg(ca 500) and same range(30ft) as the channeled big bouncin has today and give bounce back as a 3s KD. Replace Outta My Way with a 50% speed charge ability and slow/root removing ability or return 65ft range to squig leap
[P&P] Ztil - Squig Herder
[P&P] Zlurp - Shaman

[P&P] Zinista - Shadow Warrior

knick

Post#358 » Sat May 22, 2021 8:45 am

ztil wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 8:10 am In my opinion the Msh is a pretty handicapped class nowadays
as far as i know there is no mSH class. You playing a SH which is a range class with a melee tree. the intention of the mSH mastery was clearly said AOE for wb´s and citys. Last changes to the mSH bring it to a 100% capable melee outperforming Marauder and WE also WL. You act like SH was always and ever a melee kill machine. The melee path is a extension to the range gameplay and not a standalone class in the class.

if you want play melee do so. there are 3 melee classes + 3 tanks who can fine melee to
Knick WL RR85+
Knickli Mara RR80+

Ads
Naelar

Post#359 » Sat May 22, 2021 9:02 am

Scenarios have a balanced win rate, so it's all good.

ztil

Post#360 » Sat May 22, 2021 9:29 am

knick wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 8:45 am
ztil wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 8:10 am In my opinion the Msh is a pretty handicapped class nowadays
as far as i know there is no mSH class. You playing a SH which is a range class with a melee tree. the intention of the mSH mastery was clearly said AOE for wb´s and citys. Last changes to the mSH bring it to a 100% capable melee outperforming Marauder and WE also WL. You act like SH was always and ever a melee kill machine. The melee path is a extension to the range gameplay and not a standalone class in the class.

if you want play melee do so. there are 3 melee classes + 3 tanks who can fine melee to
Yes squig herder is or was supposed to be a ranged class (originally), and what I personally wanted was actually that it would be viable in oRvR as a ranged AOE class, not melee. You would see that if you read through my post history. I never personally asked for or wanted to run around the battlefield as a meatball. It’s more a consequence of the circumstances and the design decisions of the team over the years.

In my opinion SH is and should primarily be a bow and arrow class with a pet. The different specs should revolve around this basis, there should be an AOE ranged spec, a ST ranged spec and a utility tree. Unfortunately we are just stuck with this ugly meatball for oRvR and warband play.

For all intents and purposes the msh SPEC plays like a separate melee class(albeit a pretty mediocre one), not a ranged one. The dev team clearly wants destro to be mostly Melee and squig herders to be melee in oRvR. If I want to play organised WB play on destro side as a squig herder then melee spec is the way to go. It’s easy for you to say, “why don’t you just go play a real melee class then?” Well because I already spent most of my time gearing up this character. Can’t say I’m thrilled about farming PVE all over again just to get BL weapons on another class. When you sink so much time into a character as I have, you’re naturally reluctant to start over with a new one. Or at least I am, maybe you and me think differently.

That’s why I wrote my post from that perspective. I’m not sure why you would think that Msh outperforms Marauders or any other melee class for that matter. Doing a lot of “fluff” dmg isn’t the same as “outperforming” anyone except for maybe damage numbers but most of the cases that comes down to gear and a little skill. I’ve seen all mentioned classes top dmg meters in different organised guilds. But doing high numbers isn’t always the same thing as doing good or playing well. The general consensus right now is that Choppas and Marauders are the best (maybe the only) aoe Option for the current destro meta because of the warband tools and utility they bring but I’m sure someone else can explain why better than me. Still they have nowhere near the same potential as Slayers with rampage for example (but that’s another discussion). Comparison to WE is just weird since it’s a stealth class. WL I can’t comment on so I won’t.
[P&P] Ztil - Squig Herder
[P&P] Zlurp - Shaman

[P&P] Zinista - Shadow Warrior