Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 20/05/2021

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Winry

Re: Patch Notes 20/05/2021

Post#201 » Thu May 20, 2021 11:06 pm

My god all these destro tears, all crying because now they can't roll over order as easily anymore.

Anyway, keep the tears coming.

Thanks for the great patch and hard work devs!

Ads
loik

Post#202 » Thu May 20, 2021 11:08 pm

"My god all these destro tears, all crying because now they can't roll over order as easily anymore."

xD?

Mor

Post#203 » Thu May 20, 2021 11:10 pm

ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 2:41 pm The reasoning behind this is to nerf the ability for healing WP/Dok players to stand and tank multiple players with a 100% AoE detaunt uptime. This change is in-line with the Sham/Am AOE detaunt uptime of 33%, and is an overdue nerf considering the medium armor survivability that WP/Dok already enjoy.
Still DoKs can not maintain contant ST heals either on urself or friendly target. Khaine's Invigoration is unalterable 5 sec. cd single target heal which comparing to Zealot and Shaman's is crap (even though it costs AP instead of essence). Heal DoKs under heavy preasure can not survive longer combats because they are running out of skills to use permanently. Zealots/Shamans and AMs/RPs can do that easily.

Imo, the changes to detaunt are OK but the problem still remains. The only single target heal can not be continously used and aoe one is too expensive in essence which does not provide essenec regain with tactic (like zealots and shamans have with Restorative Burs).

ufthakk
Suspended

Post#204 » Thu May 20, 2021 11:31 pm

Sure it's alpha and all of that, but with this patch 3 of my 3 80+ toons had changes.
2 of them are definitely nerfed. Just not interested to try .
Guess i take a break for 1 or 2 weeks and we'll see ..

Akalukz

Post#205 » Thu May 20, 2021 11:41 pm

GamesBond wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 10:03 pm
Spoiler:
Delegator wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 9:09 pm There's no way to see the balance changes as overall a pretty big nerf to destro. Sure, some are mirrored (Magus.Engi, Chosen/KOTBS). But Between the BO, Shaman and SH nerfs, WL buff, and the DoK nerf/WP buff, there are so many cases where the destro class got hit and the order class was either buffed, left alone, or at worse nerfed less.

IMHO it would have been smarter to focus on one thing at a time. Morale building a problem? Fine, fix that. AP drians too powerful? Apply those changes evenly. Underused tactics? Sure, try to fix those (but who says that all tactics need to be slotted anyway?). But when you triple-nerf a class like Squig Herders, and claim that the Shaman grouping power is too powerful, and those same players are regularly hit with multiple stacks of broadhead arrow in any keep fight...the reaction should be very predictable.

This really feels like the typical free shard inflection point: the start of the so-called balance changes that then need fixes, and fixes of fixes, and so on with each patch riling up some set of people and making others happy only due to schadenfreude. This is bound to happen when making such changes without the benefit of any sort of test server, and that's a problem endemic to free shards of any game. I had just been hoping that this one wouldn't fall into that trap, because it's a really hard one to get out of.
They were discussed one at a time or each in their own channel or thread. But they were just patched in bulk. I do get what you mean though regarding the fixes after balance patches. I think it's inevitable though.
This is the major issue with such a large sweeping patch, any of these on their own patch could be tested and vetted/adjusted, etc... but when a large patch covering vast areas of balance, it's hard to say what was effective and what was overdone.
-= Agony =-

Hannesnewb

Post#206 » Thu May 20, 2021 11:47 pm

Some people really expect way too much from a small dev team that run this game on their private time for no financial gain. You cannot ask for ranked scenario fixes, new dungeon releases and balance patches at the same time.

They worked on ranked scenarios and will probably improve them further, now they released a balance patch and will keep an eye out how these changes work and after that they can work on the next project...

Greenbeast

Post#207 » Thu May 20, 2021 11:51 pm

There are some problems with the balancing in the patch in my opinion.
1)If you want to see more choppas in warbands and remove cdr from the black orc than you should reduce cd on choppas CDR.
This balance change leads to a situation where shamans have less CDR uptime than AM.
The main issue with CDR is the slayer. A slayer can use cd-increased and rampage that makes an attenpt to remove rampage close to impposible.
There is nothing bad to leave CDR only on choppa but again then it must have much higher uptime.

2) If cdr from a tactic of black orc should be removed then you should either allow it's components WS and TGH to stack with chosen aura/pots or rethink it. Black orc had a core tactic that gave WS buff on people around your def target already that you just removed this patch. More than that black orc has a stat steal which steals WS as well that half the efficacy of this WS/TGH buff.

In general SW already has an aoe interrupt in the middle tree. Now it has two.
You should consider removing one of aoe interrupts from SM now and as well maybe adding an aoe interrupt on black orc tactic to make classes actually more mirrored.

starness88

Post#208 » Thu May 20, 2021 11:53 pm

Hannesnewb wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 11:47 pm They worked on ranked scenarios and will probably improve them further, now they released a balance patch and will keep an eye out how these changes work and after that they can work on the next project...
A balance patch has been release ? Where ? I'm looking for it but can't find it.

Ads
Kesslik

Post#209 » Fri May 21, 2021 12:11 am

The good news for us witch elves is we got better! :D

By so many of you other destro classes getting worse. :/

CountTalabecland

Post#210 » Fri May 21, 2021 12:20 am

Be more salty destro holy ****

First of all play the game and test before taking your shits on these patch notes

Second, everything that was done here makes sense with recent meta. Maybe some will be reverted but overall these are for the good of the game balance.

How destro can look at the last 5 months and think they have been the underdog is beyond me
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.