Recent Topics

Ads

WLs Are In A Bad Place Now.

Let's talk about... everything else
Josewales

WLs Are In A Bad Place Now.

Post#1 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:25 pm

A decent Axeman build is useless without the 'now" Guardian tree pounce since armor pen is a must need from Hunter tree. WLs are not front line material and needs a ride to work especially in the backlines. Either Guardian build for roaming or 'high maintenance' Hunter build for frontline WB zergs/Cities are the two practical options right now. Even the AOE build lacks much needed up front survivability regardless of pocket heal and guard (baited strike tactic high on guardian tree that would help some). And for the Guardian build...sure it bursts down squishies and WEs, but for the heavies...the build only tickles them due to AP deficiencies burned during debuffs. Axeman build at least a WL had good duels against 2H heavies before, which I spec'ed for zerg surfing and at times solo roaming before. Keep in mind as a well geared WL, I am evaluating against geared equals. I cant imagine what the fresh 40s are going through now trying to enjoy 'advertised' playstyles of a mobile WL in its present state.

I suggest making the 'shortened' pounce passive and let WLs enjoy 3 options based on needs and peripheral playstyles. Or revert back before last week's patch.

WLs are messed up now. I for one am not asking for more generic dps. But rethink the WL 'unique' playstyles and what's needed for each.

Anyways...I never though there would be a day that WLs would be in a bad place. But here we are. I still enjoy the guardian build and intend to play her but probably not as my main anymore. My first 40 is a SH that was shelved a couple years ago...damn look what they did over there! Yup the git is fun to play now. Anyways.

My 2 cents.

Cheers.

~ Catsup

Ads
Momekic

Re: WLs Are In A Bad Place Now.

Post#2 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:56 pm

Yet, they are still better off than WH. :/

phononHYPE

Post#3 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:58 pm

It's not that I don't think they are in a 'bad' place right now, but more they are in a 'rest of the crowd' place. I made my WL about 3 months ago, and as someone who has made every class in game (less RP and SH), WL was by FAR the easiest as a fresh 40. All others, and I do mean all, you had to struggle until late 50s and say, 3pc vanq. Even backline heals, you'd do your thing and hope no more pressure came because you were AP tapped and doing your best and it barely seemed to hold folk up.

WL is normalized now, and has three distinct play styles to choose from. You should consider yourself lucky in that, many classes only have 2, or pigeon hole 1 real choice less full BIS gear.
What you are experiencing is called "playing the game like the rest of us". Sorry you don't have all your toys anymore. Now excuse me, I'm off to work on my WL the old fashion way, like everyone else.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

oaliaen

Post#4 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:41 am

They are still gods in 6v6

jkelly4590

Post#5 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:42 am

I 100% disagree. The WL has never been in a better place. All the AOE skill are together in one tree, where they belong. Pounce and Brutal Pounce work well together in a single tree, and they can dismount people reliably again. As with all melee DPS they require guard and healing to be survivable. If you're finding that you lack the front line durability, then stand further back. you shouldn't be on the very front line anyways. You're not a tank, that's not your job. If you're struggling with the class then run all the way up to whirling axe in Hunter, grabbing all skills and the tactic to boost it's damage, then path Guardian up to brutal pounce. I've been having a lot of success with it. It's super easy mode if you are cognizant of the fact that you have massive range on all your AOE's. Path of the Axeman is a bit lack luster, but so is single target melee DPS anyways. You're never going to get that to "feel really good" when you're staring down 50 destro in RvR anyways.

Winry

Post#6 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:46 am

jkelly4590 wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:42 am I 100% disagree. The WL has never been in a better place. All the AOE skill are together in one tree, where they belong. Pounce and Brutal Pounce work well together in a single tree, and they can dismount people reliably again. As with all melee DPS they require guard and healing to be survivable. If you're finding that you lack the front line durability, then stand further back. you shouldn't be on the very front line anyways. You're not a tank, that's not your job. If you're struggling with the class then run all the way up to whirling axe in Hunter, grabbing all skills and the tactic to boost it's damage, then path Guardian up to brutal pounce. I've been having a lot of success with it. It's super easy mode if you are cognizant of the fact that you have massive range on all your AOE's. Path of the Axeman is a bit lack luster, but so is single target melee DPS anyways. You're never going to get that to "feel really good" when you're staring down 50 destro in RvR anyways.
Man all your posts are hilarious, best content since months.

Mordd

Post#7 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:40 am

jkelly4590 wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:42 am I 100% disagree. The WL has never been in a better place. All the AOE skill are together in one tree, where they belong. Pounce and Brutal Pounce work well together in a single tree, and they can dismount people reliably again. As with all melee DPS they require guard and healing to be survivable. If you're finding that you lack the front line durability, then stand further back. you shouldn't be on the very front line anyways. You're not a tank, that's not your job. If you're struggling with the class then run all the way up to whirling axe in Hunter, grabbing all skills and the tactic to boost it's damage, then path Guardian up to brutal pounce. I've been having a lot of success with it. It's super easy mode if you are cognizant of the fact that you have massive range on all your AOE's. Path of the Axeman is a bit lack luster, but so is single target melee DPS anyways. You're never going to get that to "feel really good" when you're staring down 50 destro in RvR anyways.
Reliable dismount? You are practically in AOE range before you can pounce now. Its near useless, Im not even specing it for large scale any more.
Single target line was great even in large scale. WL had enough dps to work in a single target group. Now with pounce gutted and moved it really doesnt work and WH are even worse off.

The class isnt useless, its a good AOE spammer, but thats about it. They keep working on giving Destro more spec options on classes while shoehorning Order classes into one or maybe two specs. They have done this with the KotBS and now the Wl. Mean while Sqigs can out burst sorcs, have like 5 escape tools or go melee and have one of the most versatile and hard hitting melee in game.

space44

Post#8 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:21 am

people with battle kittens sad that they think their class is bad now
Chosen: Roten Plaguelord rr86 | Knight of the Blazing Sun: Lyntyz Jesterknight rr63

I'm not a clown, I'm the whole circus.

Ads
Winry

Post#9 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:44 am

space44 wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:21 am people with battle kittens sad that they think their class is bad now
And the only people that are saying the battle kittens aren't bad are playing destro.

Sofong

Post#10 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:10 am

same level as most melee dps = bad? u have ur heydays for like 5 yrs alrdy.